It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Pride parades used to mean protests. Now they're an excuse for straight kids to party

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Sounds like cultural appropriation. AntiFa better go get 'em!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Being a lesbian myself I don't really care for the pride parade. My wife and I went once to the SF Pride Parade and it was way to hot and crowded. Also it tends to bring out the "over the top extreme" crazies who just end up giving everyone a bad rap. Its so busy people are crammed together, you can hardly walk, and I really really really don't want to be pressed up against a naked person. Just a personal choice, but I don't want your naked junk touching me. I have no problem with straight people supporting the gay community, but for a lot of people, straight & gay, its just an excuse to have a wild time. I've never felt the need to express my "gayness" with a parade. Being gay is just a part of me, it doesn't define me.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
So when gay people go to straight parties should we care? Nope. We should give two farts about either.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

'Do you see any gay people around us?' And it was like, 'Oh my God, no,'" he said.

G O L D

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

How I imagine it.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
So I ask this, CAN you tell someone is Gay just by looking at them?

When I was in jr high PE class, this subject was pursued thoroughly.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

It's no fun if you are no longer popular...some people get spoiled with attention

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well, this means its time to Stop calling Homosexual People "Gay".....

As after these past few decades, Straight people have confused the real meaning of "Gay" as being that Homosexual People are Perpetually Happy and Wild and.....GAY...when in fact, they are just like "Normal" people and get angry, sad, disappointed etc etc.

No, Homosexual People are NOT Gay!!..........they just pretend that for the "Straights"..

Maybe time to go back to the good old days words, that were used for 100s of years, rather than the very recent "Gay" moniker.

Ahhh, the days they were, Homo's, Queers, Bent, Poofs, Bum Buddies, Queens, Nancy Boys, etc etc....

Give us back our word Gay!!.....It means Happy, Cheerful and Frivolous......not that other horid thing!!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

The LGBT has LGBT Mardi Gras.

I fail to see the problem. If people want to party then let em.

Whoo hoo.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The gay pride festivals and parades are for people whose identity revolves around being gay. Flamboyant and obnoxious they shove their private sexual lives in the world's face. My gay friends wouldn't be caught dead at an event like this because they are regular people.
edit on 22-6-2018 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

You know, if you want to go to Pride events, you can.

It's not just for LGBT anymore.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Who would ever call a post like that biased, eh?

Jeebus Krishna.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The stole the rainbow...I want it back....Hahahahaha!

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Who The Hell is Jeebus Krishna?

I bet he's gay right? Or is he gay Left? Is he a he, or a she, or an it?

I tell you Brian, he's not gay!! Im gay, Huha haha......see Im gay Damit!!....

Not Oooo "Gay" but gay gay gay Ok gay?

Ive never been so gay in all my life......look at me, Loook at Me!!, Im Gay......yoohoo hahahahahah walla!.

Gay Pari here we come......

Gayyyyyy

edit on 23-6-2018 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
sometimes i dont get the gay and trans community, they shout out theat straight people should respect and accept them (as they should) but when straight people do support them either at parades or by going to gay clubs suddenly they are trying to steal the gay life style or using it as an excuse to celebrate.
cant win sometimes

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You know, if you want to go to Pride events, you can.

It's not just for LGBT anymore.

You have a source for that?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
So I ask this, CAN you tell someone is Gay just by looking at them?

When I was in jr high PE class, this subject was pursued thoroughly.

The CHICAGO Gay Pride parade was today. Lovely weather. All sexual orientations participated.

(post by endercreeper01 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: endercreeper01
Gay pride parades, much like the LGBT itself, have never been anything more than a joke. That's why it really isn't treated with any seriousness towards the cause.

The Chicago DYKE parade was a warm up to the Gay Pride parade today. They look pretty serious to me!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: endercreeper01
Gay pride parades, much like the LGBT itself, have never been anything more than a joke. That's why it really isn't treated with any seriousness towards the cause.

The Chicago DYKE parade was a warm up to the Gay Pride parade today. They look pretty serious to me!

It still deserves to be recognized as a joke because nobody should be taking them or their cause seriously.

Their whole cause for equality is a joke.
edit on 25-6-2018 by endercreeper01 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join