It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists create human �she-males�

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
MADRID, Spain, July 2 � Scientists in the United States have created hybrid human �she-males,� mixing male and female cells in the same embryo, in a move that has outraged fertility experts and anti-abortionists.

The rest of the story:

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Why would they want to do this?
What sort of scientific merit does this imply other than playing with nature.
It also makes me think of people who believe greys to be our future evolved selves.
Maybe in the future we will all just be shemales.
Greys are sexless?...are they not?
Just a thought
Deep

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Greys may just be wearing 'space suits' of some kind, or they may have internal genitalia...

Please, it would be cruel to call them hermaphrodites before you have all the data...

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Finally, a man's going to know what its like to give birth...

right???

I'm so confused.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This might be the only way for a man to understand a women and a woman a man. The first clone will have a great book deal.

All kidding aside... I perfer men and women to be seperate...that is why the world works.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Ahhhh....
Maybe they did it so they could tell someone to "go F**k yourself" and they would

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
No......all kidding aside folks. You have scientist's trying to play 'G-d'. Its all going to come crashing down around their heads and ours oneday if this crap isn't brought to a stop. Genetic manipulation is a awesome field, if intentions are kept within contexts and meaning. But if it is not, were are running the probablity of serious proportions and ramifications.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 3-7-2003 by Seekerof]

[Edited on 3-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Seekerof
I agree with you whole heartly...I belive we need to learn and explore, but with a sense of control... of what we are doing to our world and the results that this can have on the future.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The Field of Genetics is a AWESOME journey of our self discovery. And when applying it to the context of 'manipulation' of the genome, it can be an almost G-dly thing.....we could tweak our immune systems, figure 'complete' cures, etc., but in so doing or in so 'manipulating', the slightest deviation can alos lend to disaster.....and a disaster with world reprocussions.

Yes, your absolutely right RealFlight, a real sense of control must be maintained. Sometimes I think people look at great things like 'genetic manipulation' like one percieving the beauty of a rose but once they actually go to 'pluck' that rose, they then realize that behind all that beauty were thorns.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
well that's baffling. what on earth would be the point of a clone with both male and female chromosomes? that happens in nature anyway, and from what I've seen on the subject it gives the poor kid a heck of a time socially.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Please, it would be cruel to call them hermaphrodites before you have all the data...

I never did.

Greys are sexless?...are they not?

I was asking.
Deep

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Maybe they did it so they could tell someone to "go F**k yourself" and they would

Great, so this thing would bitch, nag, AND drink all of my beer and hog the remote? That's not right!

(kidding of course)

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I can see it now. Walk into the nicely decorated room and find a big walk-in closet. Look inside and all throughout the place are thousands and thousands of pairs of the latest trendy designer power tools.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Alright, Chicks with dicks! How is this wrong? Its just a way to learn about genetics. I'm tired of people calling stem-cell research evil, in the long-term it would save more lives than it took. Besides, what makes a clump of cells humans? If a fetous is a human, how come the IRS doesnt count them? How come when its us its an abortion, but when its a chicken its an omelette?

Theres no problem with this at all, unless it goes out of hand. I can understand experiments to cure diseases, but creating shemales without reason? Thats messed up. No, its not playing "God" or "G-d" or "-o-" or anything, its toying with nature, which could be a very good, or bad thing. Depends on the people in charge, which means governments, which means its a bad thing. Shrug. Anyways, Shemale Fetouses, next on Faux!

top topics

join