It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After 30 years History has judged global-warming predictions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

So what caused the warming in 20,000 BC, al gore enthusiasts?

Ancient Aliens

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: skuly
I'm still waiting for the next ice age.

Iv got a folder full of these headlines going back to the 1950s
none of them have ever come true.

The consensus at the time was not an ice age.

Have you learned nothing about how the media works? An imminent ice age made for a great headline.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Im going to be honest, I’ve been a hard core environmentalist, science teacher, and even UN global sustainable development guy. I have to find out the truth of all this. I’m open, but skeptical to counterpoints. If it turns out the climate change movement, models, and policies were wrong it would blow my mind.
a reply to: queenofswords

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

In 1978, the news media went rabid about global climate change. It was called something different back then 40 years ago. It was called global cooling and the onset of the next ice-age.
Earlier than 78 actually. But yes, the media jumped on the bandwagon of a few scientists who were concerned about the effects of "dimming" (caused by particulate pollution) in the northern hemisphere. The media ignored what the majority of climatologist were talking about.

From 1976, for example:

Because of the rapid diffusion of CO2 molecules within the atmosphere, both hemispheres will be subject to warming due to the atmospheric (greenhouse) effect as the CO2 content of the atmosphere builds up from the combustion of fossil fuels. Because of the differential effects of the two major sources of atmospheric pollution, the CO2 greenhouse effect warming trend should first become evident in the Southern Hemisphere. The socioeconomic and political consequences of climate change are profound. We need an early warning system such as would be provided by a more intensive international world weather watch, particularly at high northern and southern latitudes.

science.sciencemag.org...

Other pre-1980 papers

And that WSJ op-ed in the OP is just as wrong as you are.

edit on 6/22/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
Im going to be honest, I’ve been a hard core environmentalist, science teacher, and even UN global sustainable development guy. I have to find out the truth of all this. I’m open, but skeptical to counterpoints. If it turns out the climate change movement, models, and policies were wrong it would blow my mind.
a reply to: queenofswords

You have those credentials and you still haven't figured it out ?

🤷

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

My only real point phage was that it seemed a test run for what was to come. There was a lot of prep and a 10 year hiatus to dumb down the population a little further, make them more pliable to the "great invented catastrophe" about to befall us all. Gore didn't help either, he came in the middle and being a failed presidential contender, gave him street cred with kids who were then young adults used to getting participation trophies. I really have to wonder how failure has been made virtuous. Failure on the battlefield or close quarters means dead. But then, terrorists/killers like Mandela were mystically changed in heroes, go figure. We live in bizzarro world now. I just need to figure out how to get to that alternate universe without destroying this one lol.

Eta: wrong am I lol. I believe there is a high probability that progressives, sjws and liberals suffer from varying degrees of fetal alcohol syndrome.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/22.2018 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Your post does not seem to make any sense.
The planet is warming. Like climatologists have said it would.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

It's warming by who's interpretation though.

Not to be controversial however, there are people who are experiencing cold frequencies in areas they're unaccustomed. The World will end in Ice. - Robert Frost.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

It's warming by who's interpretation though.
Average temperatures are rising. That does not mean it will never be cold anywhere.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Do you think maybe, that half of the planet could experience freezing in the next 10 to 50 years, due to the darkening of Sunspots?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yes my post makes sense. To create an illusion you need a pliable audience open to believing anything that fits their preadjusted bias. The programming started in the mid 80's, now we can see the product, progressives, almost zero critical thinking and perfectly willing to follow whatever flavour-of-the-day idea is fed to them. That's why there is fracturing in society rather than unification. You must see this.

Global warming, maybe, though improbable. Agcc is just a bad joke, a volcano or two produces more greenhouse gas than all of our vehicles over a 10-20 year period. How many active volcanoes worldwide, 250? The earth is semiclosed feedback system. More co2, more plant growth.

If your heroes told you oxygen in the air was toxic, would you stop breathing?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I don't think so. There is scant evidence that sunspot activity affects global temperatures.

Sunspot numbers have been declining for about 50 years, and temperatures have been rising.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I agree. I'm sure the Dinosaurs never saw it coming either.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

a volcano or two produces more greenhouse gas than all of our vehicles over a 10-20 year period.
Source? But it isn't just vehicles that produce CO2. Is it?

How many active volcanoes worldwide, 250?
Has volcanic activity increased?

More co2, more plant growth.
Maybe. If the plants have enough water and nutrients. But of course, more plant growth means that there are no other problems involved with increased CO2 concentrations and the warming it causes.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It's also far worse if you consider where people live - land temperatures:

Limiting warming to +2°C is a pipe dream... the sea surface temperature is slower to rise, but will in time.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think people in the 21st Century are Arrogant know it all's.

'That's what I think.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

Do you think maybe, that half of the planet could experience freezing in the next 10 to 50 years, due to the darkening of Sunspots?

Uh, you have it wrong. Low solar activity is when there are few or no sunspots.

Sunspots don't 'darken' things...

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Yeah. Maybe we'll be lucky and an asteroid will remove any concerns about CO2 production.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

It's not my fault there are corrupt Scientists online with bad information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join