It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump the forest or the tree?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Over the past couple of months, I've slowly begun to realize something about the state of politics in the US-- or at least something about the direction of the left. As the political rhetoric continues to explode into daily extremes I've never seen before, you have to wonder where all of this Trump hate will go, long after he's gone?

In other words, do cooler heads prevail after the dust settles, when he's finally out? Or does every future Republican president get the Trump treatment from here on out?

Just curious what others think...

Is Trump the forest or the tree?

edit on 22-6-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

excellent question, I get the question, Trump, alternative thinking, anything not towing the prevailing media line is to be met with, not just ire, but downright bullying, and hate filled bile.

I think we are just seeing the beginning of this, Trump is just an easy target representative of a group of people that those who drive present day "group think" want to go away.
edit on 22-6-2018 by BlueJacket because: eta

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I believe these are the new tactics of the Left and will be applied to every politician that doesn’t ascribe to the Progressive narrative. Sadly, they are driven purely by sound bites, talking points and raw emotion.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Is Trump really a republican? He's sort of a anomaly, perfectly fitting in a paranoid and hysterical time.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I can only hope that at some point, they realize how they have been conducting themselves, and fix it. As of right now, it's all "justified", but it all boils down to #nevertrump.

I'm worried that the left is so myopic with regard to Trump, that they are letting his badgering consume them and they aren't focusing on the future. I did a thread a while back about who they plan to run against Trump, and while a couple names were thrown about, there isn't a real clear answer. The 2020 elections aren't all that far off, in political time. (like dog years)

Congress seems to be right in line with that thinking as well. If Trump is for it, the left is against it. Even if "it" is good.

I think you are right to be concerned, I know I am.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

I think the point is more like hes not a progressive globalist
edit on 22-6-2018 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Do you think that question matters to the left?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If you ask him, he's the water that keeps the forest alive! /ego

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Slinki

Aren't there enough threads for you to publicly signal your dislike of Trump?

Thanks for avoiding the question.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm worried about that too.

I'm gonna say something controversial here; Trump really is like Hitler in a certain way. He's not genocidal or even particularly evil - at least if you ask me he isn't - but he seems to have introduced a new style of doing politics, a paradigm shift, perhaps a way of talking more directly to the people, and let's be fair, also a certain carelessness when it comes to facts. (That's not to say politicians haven't lied before. But I think they've been more careful about it.)

Now the old political structures can't deal with that. They try to attack him but a lot of the time it only makes him stronger.

Of course Trump has done things that I support too, so that's part of the reason for his success.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Should politicians on the left be exempt from the treatment that Trump gets?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I hope he is just the beginning of the President trying to do what is best for Our Country. We do not need a career politician in the job. We need a good businessman, and he is that. We needed a strong leader and he is that. My hope is this is the beginning of a new forest.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The uproar in the US is caused by the intelligence agencies, who are loyal to billionaires with political motivations.

If we can break that link, we can find sanity and actually seek to find reasonable yet meaningful government. But the issue is that there are messages shouted daily into an abyss half full of people below average in overall intellect, and caveat emptor just doesn't seem to be a useful weapon for many.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Should politicians on the left be exempt from the treatment that Trump gets?

Yes.

As should Trump.

Because no matter what you think of it, its dishonest. And there's no room for dishonesty in government (its hard to type that without laughing, despite me believing it to be true).

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan And there's no room for dishonesty in government.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Yes.

As should Trump.

Because no matter what you think of it, its dishonest. And there's no room for dishonesty in government (its hard to type that without laughing, despite me believing it to be true).

100%

So help me out. Do you think that view is a prevailing one in the electorate? Because I have my doubts.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

well said

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

It's always been this way in one form or another. Bush was hated and called stupid, as was the prior Bush, as was Reagan and on and on we go. You have a Republican President, and it becomes clear who's side the media is on. NOW with the way social media and our culture has become, it's much more in your face.

I'm hoping they keep failing, I'm hoping they see the Republicans win more seats in the mid term, see the President win Reelection again, and they'll stop, but they won't. Reagan won two landslides and they still hated him and called him stupid, sadly, it will never end.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

The general electorate would likely have a wide range of views that would generally shake out into most folks feeling that lying isn't really all that bad (even though it may not be a conscious thought, as some folks have lied so much that its just part of the way they talk).

I think people tend to have a relative morality, and I think that the less intelligent people are the more likely they are to lack empathy adequately with either others now, or their future self, to exhibit the kind of self control needed to not take their chance to "get even".

For a 2 good examples:

- Trump supporters who tend to enjoy anything Trump does, even the really bad and stupid stuff, just because it "pisses off liberals". These people need to be purged from the national conversation.
- "Liberals"/"Progressives"/"Leftists" who lay into Trump for the simple fact that they believe that there is a score to settle due to a sliver of our nation being racist and behaving racist, combined with a larger sliver of our nation who just loathed the man being lumped into the racist category for good measure

Both ideologies have their idiots. And those idiots are screwing it up for all of us. The Founders didn't want common men to be allowed to vote because they knew there were a lot of really short sighted morons in humanity. Its hard to argue with them.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

And an capitalist. Part of the Elite. Global businessman. Golf course in Scotland. Trump shirts made in China. Hotels around the world.
America first! (crossed fingers).

Trump is a clever guy, thats for sure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join