It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME Magazine & CNN exposed pushing fake news imagery and propaganda.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: introvert

a reply to: introvert

The edition will be released for July 2nd. here is the entirety of their current stance on the pic.

ZERO credibility, 100% propaganda, see and read for yourself, straight from the source.........

TIME Magazine - cover image article

John Moore, a Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer for Getty Images, has been photographing immigrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border for years. This week one of his pictures became the most visible symbol of the immigration debate in America.

“This one was tough for me. As soon as it was over, they were put into a van. I had to stop and take deep breaths,” Moore told TIME Tuesday, describing his reaction to the scene of a two-year-old Honduran girl crying as her mother was being detained in McAllen, Texas. “All I wanted to do was pick her up. But I couldn’t.”

John Moore—Getty Images
John Moore—Getty Images
Due to the power of the image, which appeared as critics from across the political spectrum attacked President Trump’s now-reversed policy of separating children from parents who are being detained for illegally entering the United States, TIME’s editors selected Moore’s photograph to create a photo illustration, including Trump, to make the July 2, 2018, cover of the magazine.

So Time does not offer any context in to what they actually say about the photo, or the issue in general?

You just read everything TIME magazine has posted about the cover, and now you're asking me to articulate whether what TIME wrote about the article has context?

What #in drugs are you on mate? Seriously insane lateral thinking. Get off your lazy ass and THINK when you are reading instead of just reading.

Jesus Christ.

The link you provided does not state Time said the girl was separated from her parent(s). Which is the premise of your thread.

I

No, that's your presumption, show me where I said she was separated.

That was the premise of the OP, considering the sources you used and the points they were focusing on.

Are you saying that it is not? If so, what is the false narrative fake news aspect you are referring to?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: Sublimecraft

give a link to the article where they said she was separated from her parents at the border please .

take a screenshot of the OP and circle where **I said she was separated from her parents at the border please.

**(thats me btw, Sublimecraft, I'm not the father of the little girl, nor the Honduran government)

I'll wait whilst you don your leotards......

So do you admit that the girl in the photos mother wasn’t being separated from her?

Because that’s kind of what the OP is based on. Right? Calling out TIME magazine for using this photo and saying it’s a picture of a woman and child being separated when it isn’t?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

give a link to the article where they said she was separated from her parents at the border please .

take a screenshot of the OP and circle where **I said she was separated from her parents at the border please.

**(thats me btw, Sublimecraft, I'm not the father of the little girl, nor the Honduran government)

So do you admit that the girl in the photos mother wasn’t being separated from her?

Because that’s kind of what the OP is based on. Right? Calling out TIME magazine for using this photo and saying it’s a picture of a woman and child being separated when it isn’t?

That must be the premise, otherwise the OP does not make sense.

link   

Next time your wife, husband, kid, anybody goes a verbal abuse bender over fake news, record them. Then put a lawsuit against the fake news outlet and hammer these assholes into the ground. I could easily see 10million lawsuits a year popping up to bitch slap these wankers. You got to hit them where it hurts, in their pocket books. Make it so expensive to produce their lies, that they stop or the government is so overloaded with court cases, the government stops them,

Hey, it's legal, rational, doable and just a thought.

Can just see the ads, "Have you been injured by the news media or hollywood fabricating and publishing lies. Have they made friends and family insane, verbally abusive, violent? Dial 888-5555 to stop the msm lies."

Cheers - Dave

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

HOLY CANOLLI! It's almost as if TIME, CNN, NYT, WAPO, MSNBC,...have an ANTI-Trump agenda of their very own!

Say It Ain't So!

It's "time" to take CNN out!

link   
a reply to: underwerks

Calling out TIME magazine for using this photo and saying it’s a picture of a woman and child being separated when it isn’t?

Who said that?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Calling out TIME magazine for using this photo and saying it’s a picture of a woman and child being separated when it isn’t?

Who said that?

Your sources used in the OP.

Otherwise, what is the fake news narrative your are implying they are spreading with that picture and no other context?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Who said that?

Is that not the premise of the OP? That TIME is lying because that photo isn’t of a mother and child being separated?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Who said that?

Otherwise, what is the fake news narrative your are implying they are spreading with that picture and no other context?

Name the sources

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This whole thing has been manufactured outrage. Was that ever really in question?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Who said that?

Name the sources

Fake news doesn't count

link   
big deal. news is propaganda. colour me shocked. the image is a symbolically correct representation of trumpian policy toward immigrants. boo hoo.
edit on 22 6 2018 by RoScoLaz5 because: spelling

link   
The Story Behind TIME's Trump 'Welcome to America' Cover

John Moore, a Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer for Getty Images, has been photographing immigrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border for years. This week one of his pictures became the most visible symbol of the immigration debate in America.

“This one was tough for me. As soon as it was over, they were put into a van. I had to stop and take deep breaths,” Moore told TIME Tuesday, describing his reaction to the scene of a two-year-old Honduran girl crying as her mother was being detained in McAllen, Texas. “All I wanted to do was pick her up. But I couldn’t.”

And this longer version, seems equally fuzzy.

You have to watch the video to get the photographer's admission that he has no idea whether they were separated.

edit on 22-6-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

You: "and saying it’s a picture of a woman and child being separated"
Me: "Who said that?"

Now, back to you, since you didn't answer my question.

who
said
that?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

the irony is maddening isnt it:

Time prints a misleading picture suggesting she was separated from parents at the border, when she wasn't;

you make a thread suggesting on the surface that Time magazine said she was separated from her parents at the border when they didn't....

and both corners are equally outraged.

mad times, mad society.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

That must be the premise, otherwise the OP does not make sense.

I think it just dawned on the OP the basic fallacy of the whole thing. That calling out TIME magazine for lying about this photo doesn’t work because they actually never stated it was a photo of a child being separated from her mother.

That was an assumption that was made, then was used to try and smear TIME and everyone else that disagrees with them.

Right wing propaganda 101.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You: "and saying it’s a picture of a woman and child being separated"
Me: "Who said that?"

Now, back to you, since you didn't answer my question.

who
said
that?

This is getting heaty....

link   
Just think of the significant advantage the MSM has (propaganda, bribes, fake news, emotional climate, etc. etc. etc.) ... and they STILL continue to lose their collective ass to the truth every single day!!!

Who doesn't love it when the playground bully gets his nose broken??

The worst has yet to come for the MSM. They'll get theirs!!! And we'll all continue to lulz!

link   
You lefties are incredibly good at missing the point.

Maybe it's intentional..

Maybe not.. who knows?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It's sickening.

The media will crop pictures, twist words and use fake informants to further their owners and boards interests.

www.foxnews.com/world/2010/06/08/reuters-fake-photos-ihh-gaza-blockade-commandos.amp.html

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join