It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME Magazine & CNN exposed pushing fake news imagery and propaganda.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

This is lying right to your face. And if they can't find ONE good picture that factually illustrates the point, it makes you wonder if there is any truth at all to the matter.

Holy #.

Not even Trump nor any of the other liars in his administration denied that what has been happening, happened. Are you honestly arguing that because this particular girl wasn't separated from her mother that there weren't thousands of children who were?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Sublimecraft

And here I thought the OP was filled with irony but you saved the best for last. Jack Posobiec was behind this:

You want to about liars, false narratives and propaganda images? You're talking about a guy who runs out into crowds holding signs he made, snaps a few pictures and then uploads them to social media in order to smear protestors by falsely claiming that the protestors were holding the sign.

I don't know how much more egregious one's actions could be than THAT.

what magazine does he put out?

BOOM!!

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

An image, subjectively, is worth a thousand words. But, in this case, a thousand words or more have been manufactured and accompany said image to ensure we believe it for somthing it's not.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

at lest one legitimate picture must exist that would show this in it's context.

That was a "legitimate" picture.

There are lots of legitimate writen descriptions of filthy grimey babies that haven't been bathed in days and traumaticed toddles, crying histerically because they believed their parents were dead. Then there is that legitimate audio tape of terrified and traumatized voices of little children.

The OP says it's propaganda.

Please! It's propaganda because you don't like the imagrery. If you related to the imagrery you'd be just fine and it would be visual political commentary.

edit on 22-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: introvert

What would ever happen to you if your "?" key broke on your keyboard???

Would your head implode, or would you spin off into semi-elliptical Lunar orbit first???

Asking questions is how one informs themselves.

Would you rather I jump to conclusion without knowing all the facts?

Jesus, I never knew something so basic was such a problem.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

give a link to the article where they said she was separated from her parents at the border please .

Exactly.

This is just another case of right wingers arguing an assumption as fact, then trying to smear the other side with it. Nothing I read in any of the original articles says this family was being separated. That’s just an assumption the reader made based on the photo.

What a lame way to try to call out the media.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

HOLY CANOLLI! It's almost as if TIME, CNN, NYT, WAPO, MSNBC,...have an ANTI-Trump agenda of their very own!

Say It Ain't So!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

The edition will be released for July 2nd. here is the entirety of their current stance on the pic.

ZERO credibility, 100% propaganda, see and read for yourself, straight from the source.........

TIME Magazine - cover image article

John Moore, a Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer for Getty Images, has been photographing immigrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border for years. This week one of his pictures became the most visible symbol of the immigration debate in America.

“This one was tough for me. As soon as it was over, they were put into a van. I had to stop and take deep breaths,” Moore told TIME Tuesday, describing his reaction to the scene of a two-year-old Honduran girl crying as her mother was being detained in McAllen, Texas. “All I wanted to do was pick her up. But I couldn’t.”

John Moore—Getty Images
John Moore—Getty Images
Due to the power of the image, which appeared as critics from across the political spectrum attacked President Trump’s now-reversed policy of separating children from parents who are being detained for illegally entering the United States, TIME’s editors selected Moore’s photograph to create a photo illustration, including Trump, to make the July 2, 2018, cover of the magazine.

So Time does not offer any context in to what they actually say about the photo, or the issue in general?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: Sookiechacha

An image, subjectively, is worth a thousand words. But, in this case, a thousand words or more have been manufactured and accompany said image to ensure we believe it for somthing it's not.

Would it make a difference if an actual photo wasn't used, and it was create as an artist rendering in cartoon format? Is this photoshopped artistic comentary too real for Trump defenders?
edit on 22-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I have noted the obtuse nature of your inquiries and will proceed to ignore you until you acknowledge what is actually happening. Liberals have become unbelievably permeable to their own propaganda. So much so that you can't even accept it when the truth is finally put in front of you.

Of course it's propaganda. That is a given. Hell, simple marketing and advertising is also propaganda. So we would need a lot more context to know how it is being presented, and how it is being presented is key to understanding the purpose of the propaganda.

I notice that none of you have answered my question and have resorted to making me the topic.

Why is such a simple question so triggering to you guys?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: odzeandennz

Read the thread

didn't see where they said she was separated from her parents at the birder.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

The edition will be released for July 2nd. here is the entirety of their current stance on the pic.

ZERO credibility, 100% propaganda, see and read for yourself, straight from the source.........

John Moore, a Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer for Getty Images, has been photographing immigrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border for years. This week one of his pictures became the most visible symbol of the immigration debate in America.

“This one was tough for me. As soon as it was over, they were put into a van. I had to stop and take deep breaths,” Moore told TIME Tuesday, describing his reaction to the scene of a two-year-old Honduran girl crying as her mother was being detained in McAllen, Texas. “All I wanted to do was pick her up. But I couldn’t.”

John Moore—Getty Images
John Moore—Getty Images
Due to the power of the image, which appeared as critics from across the political spectrum attacked President Trump’s now-reversed policy of separating children from parents who are being detained for illegally entering the United States, TIME’s editors selected Moore’s photograph to create a photo illustration, including Trump, to make the July 2, 2018, cover of the magazine.

So Time does not offer any context in to what they actually say about the photo, or the issue in general?

You just read everything TIME magazine has posted about the cover, and now you're asking me to articulate whether what TIME wrote about the article has context?

What #in drugs are you on mate? Seriously insane lateral thinking. Get off your lazy ass and THINK when you are reading instead of just reading.

Jesus Christ.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

John Moore—Getty Images
John Moore—Getty Images

You just read everything TIME magazine has posted about the cover, and now you're asking me to articulate whether what TIME wrote about the article has context?

What #in drugs are you on mate? Seriously insane lateral thinking. Get off your lazy ass and THINK when you are reading instead of just reading.

Jesus Christ.

The link you provided does not state Time said the girl was separated from her parent(s). Which is the premise of your thread.

I

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Jack Posobiec is a paid disinfo agent. That's 100% fact. During the election he was paid by Patriotic Warriors as a "special operations coordinator" or something along those lines. During which time he performed a series of stunts, including the Rape Melania sign hoax.

- He's one of the principals behind the launch of #PizzaGate. You may remember him later streaming from inside Comet Ping Pong.

- Jack Posobiec was the first person to tweet out links to the Macron leaks: Meet the American Who Helped Leak Hacked Emails of French Candidate Emmanuel Macron.

- Jack was the "Washington Bureau Chief" of Rebel Media and was able to obtain WH press credentials. Meet Jack Posobiec: The “alt-right” troll with a press pass in White House

- He was fired from his job at Rebel Media because he got caught plagiarizing Jason Kessler, the organizer of the Unite the Right rally (aka Charlottesville): The Rebel Media Apologizes Over Jack Posobiec Plagiarism Allegations

- Jack gets retweeted by the President and his children:

Donald Trump retweets far-right conspiracy theorist Jack Posobiec who took 'rape Melania' sign to rally

Don Jr. Retweets Guy Who Reportedly Brought ‘Rape Melania’ Sign to Rally

- And as you can see, Sublimecraft thinks highly enough of that particular "truth seeker" to share his commentary with us.

Do you really not see the irony in citing Posobiec, who is well known for among other stunts, hoaxing images for propaganda, in a thread about misrepresenting an image for propaganda purposes?

OP could not have selected a worse person. What's next, a blazing hot take from James O'Keefe III about clever edits?

ETA:

And for extra conspiracy points, while he was up to all his shenanigans, Jack Posobiec was an officer in Naval Intelligence. He lost his security clearance.

Right-Winger Jack Posobiec, Retweeted by Trump, Is Navy Intel Officer
edit on 2018-6-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: odzeandennz

Read the thread

didn't see where they said she was separated from her parents at the birder.

It doesn’t.

It says her mom was being “detained”. Which doesn’t mean arrested. The whole “TIME is caught lying!” thing is based on a faulty assumption a person makes when reading the article and seeing the photo.

The same thing constantly happens with pretty much every story here that is used to try to smear the media and the left.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

give a link to the article where they said she was separated from her parents at the border please .

take a screenshot of the OP and circle where **I said she was separated from her parents at the border please.

**(thats me btw, Sublimecraft, I'm not the father of the little girl, nor the Honduran government)

I'll wait whilst you don your leotards......

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm confused. So which law did Trump get passed, specifically, that separates children from their parents as they cross the border?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The link you provided does not state Time said the girl was separated from her parent(s). Which is the premise of your thread.

Playing the victim card here requires providing the false premise, and everyone loves to play the victim in politics.

Looks like Time scored a home run with this month's cover art (keyword being art). It's created quite the buzz which is exactly what provocative art is meant to do.
edit on 6/22/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

John Moore—Getty Images
John Moore—Getty Images

Jesus Christ.

I

No, that's your presumption, show me where I said she was separated.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

Playing the victim card here requires providing the false premise, and everyone loves to play the victim in politics.

Looks like Time scored a home run with this month's cover art (keyword being art). It's created quite the buzz which is exactly what provocative art is meant to do.

True. It appears the "fake news" narrative being created her was by the OP and his sources.

The entire premise is based on the idea the girls was separated from her parents, yet it does not appears Time made any such claim.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join