It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME Magazine & CNN exposed pushing fake news imagery and propaganda.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Just watch, he'll come back with (53) questions for you...just like always.

"Show me where I said that?"
"Can you provide me with the link which proves MY point?"
"Tell me about ME, I want everything to be about ME...why can't this be about ME??"
"Why are you putting words in MY mouth?"

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You see, this is how the state sanctioned propaganda works

This is ironic. Actually, so is this:

push a false narrative, a very vindictive hateful

You know how I know this isn't "state sanctioned propaganda?" Because A) Trump and the GOP control the state and B) state sanctioned propaganda, like the very vindictive, hateful and false narrative pushing Trump, doesn't issue corrections.

Cilliza is garbage but the piece was corrected:

The image, taken by photographer John Moore, showing a girl crying as her mother is searched

CORRECTION: This story has been updated to correctly describe the image of the crying girl on the Time cover.

And of course the only reason that you know what happened to the girl and her mother at all is because Reuters tracked down the father.

Is the TIME cover propaganda? Yes, of course it is by definition.

No, scrap that, The Onion at least is overt satire, these bastards at CNN & TIME and others are pure scum, they have no interest in truth, they rely on optics, imagery and emotions to maintain their ratings.

Again, you could even more easily be talking about Trump, right down to the maintaining ratings, something he's obsessed af with.

Anyway, thanks for proving there were no children being separated from their mothers. It's good to know that Melania wasted time flying down to the border (to generate her own propaganda) for absolutely no reason and that Trump made a big deal of signing an EO for no reason — because none of this was actually happening.

Except of course it was happening. Clearly.

So what exactly was the false narrative that was being pushed? Just out of curiosity.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

This exact garbage is why I've become a bit salty lately.

I hate liars and those who enable them.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Fake news imagery? LOL Watch out for those political cartoons! Hint: It's all symbolic commentary.

Are you saying you don't find this at all dishonest? I get Introvert's reaction, as there is never, ever, an acknowledgement of wrongdoing from the opposition there, but you can't all be this blind?

This is lying right to your face. And if they can't find ONE good picture that factually illustrates the point, it makes you wonder if there is any truth at all to the matter.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So what exactly was the false narrative that was being pushed? Just out of curiosity.

Look more obtuse BS from the left on ATS..

Color me surprised.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

President Trump's insider briefings, prompted him to declare (2 weeks ago) that the greatest danger to American society, is the Mainstream Media. More so than illegals, drugs, and guns.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Are you saying you don't find this at all dishonest?

Nope. It's political symbolic imagery.

So what if that particular little girl got to stay with her parents. We were only allowed to see from outside the detentions centers, and most people have no doubt there were dozens of little children just like the one pictured, that were spirited away from the cameras. That little girl's picture is symbolic and representative of all the faceless little children they don't want us to see.

What I think is your outrage is hypocritical, as both sides of the opinion spectrum manipulate images to impress a point on the viewer. Don't be such a snowflake!

edit on 22-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

What I think is your outrage is hypocritical as both sides of the opinion spectrum manipulate images to impress a point on the viewer. Don't be such a snowflake!

Lies are ok to tell now guys. You heard it from Sookiechacha here first.

Anyone who doesn't accept lies is a snowflake.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

give a link to the article where they said she was separated from her parents at the border please .

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

And here I thought the OP was filled with irony but you saved the best for last. Jack Posobiec was behind this:

You want to about liars, false narratives and propaganda images? You're talking about a guy who runs out into crowds holding signs he made, snaps a few pictures and then uploads them to social media in order to smear protestors by falsely claiming that the protestors were holding the sign.

I don't know how much more egregious one's actions could be than THAT.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

but you can't all be this blind?

Maybe not blind, but from the replies in this thread, at least a serious case of tunnel vision.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

not a snowflake at all. My point, which you must have missed, was that with the thousands of kids ripped from their mothers arms, at lest one legitimate picture must exist that would show this in it's context. If it doesn't, then perhaps it's all made up. Remember, this is the one single image that was chosen to be used, and the photographer's story that accompanies it, is a lie. And apparently Time magazine has already printed a retraction, based on what Anti says a few posts up.

The OP says it's propaganda. It's admitted by most to be just that. But you cling to an alternate reality. At least your foolishness is on public display.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

And yet, where was I wrong?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

And here I thought the OP was filled with irony but you saved the best for last. Jack Posobiec was behind this:

You want to about liars, false narratives and propaganda images? You're talking about a guy who runs out into crowds holding signs he made, snaps a few pictures and then uploads them to social media in order to smear protestors by falsely claiming that the protestors were holding the sign.

I don't know how much more egregious one's actions could be than THAT.

what magazine does he put out?

link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: mamabeth

?

We started that way. I can't tell you the number of people who get 100% of their news from headlines and pictures only. No narrative. No research.

I don't fault them for that. Busy people with busy lives. When media was more 'honest', it wasn't a big deal.

*Now* is another story.

Because nearly everything is an extreme manipulation in media, we really have entered perilous times. We have yet to see the full price of this, but I fear a terrible price is coming nonetheless.

Sobering times.

Dont forget bias Old Faithful: Late Night monologues

link   
Peter Thiel (silicon valley billionaire, and Trump supporter) made a poignant address awhile back about the relationship between Trump, his supporters, the media, and mistakes made.

Thiel's basic point was that the difference between Trump's relationship with the media and his relationship with his supporters was that reporters take Trump’s statements ‘literally’ but not ‘seriously’, and his supporters take Trumps statements 'seriously' but not 'literally'.

I find it interesting that Trump supporters are now making the same mistake regarding Time's cover art. It's true, the specific girl in the cover art wasn't literally a child that was separated from her family, but art isn't always literal.

The image of the crying Honduran toddler is clearly being used 'seriously' as a figurative representation of all of the Honduran, Guatemalan, and other South American children who have been separated from their families by Trump's policy choices.

Don't let partisan blinders cause you to fall into the same trap that the media did running up to the 2016 election.

This cover art reflects Trump. Take it seriously, not literally, the same way most supporters take him.
edit on 6/22/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

link   

Lies are ok to tell now guys.

It's not a lie. It's political commentary. It's no different any other meme.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I've lost trust completely in most if not all mainstream outlets. I've seen them issue propaganda, misrepresentations, or lies by omission too many times on too many issues. I'm convinced there is no other answer than that they work for the military industrial complex i.e. Deep state.

edit on 22-6-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Now, lets get down to the business of exposing the scum who would use such images to push a false narrative, a very vindictive hateful anti-Trump narrative.

CNN is very fake news,...these bastards at CNN & TIME and others are pure scum, they have no interest in truth, they rely on optics, imagery and emotions to maintain their ratings.

Yes...they sure do. I wish there was a way to manually ban that network from one's own cable box?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join