It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME Magazine & CNN exposed pushing fake news imagery and propaganda.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

State's rights does not extend to immigration. Just like State's can make whatever laws they want for Marijuana, Federal law will Trump it. Just like the Fed Gov should keep it's hands off State's rights issues, States need to keep their hands off Fed rights issues.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Gryphon66

This IS fake news.

Time magazine spreading it and so is CNN.

What is fake? What does Time say in the article about the issue or the photo?

Time corrected the photo. Why correct the truth?

The original version of this story misstated what happened to the girl in the photo after she taken from the scene. The girl was not carried away screaming by U.S. Border Patrol agents; her mother picked her up and the two were taken away together.

Link

I guess "misstatements" aren't Lies, right?

You'd think the media would be better than this.
edit on 22-6-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

They are not all illegal

Then I do not care about them unless they have committed a crime to make me care. The only ones we are talking about here are illegals.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Because no one reads the corrections, they only hear the initial story and the damage is done. It's the MSM MO.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

The photographer himself stated that he didn't know the child's fate and thought they would be separated.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: majickJimi

Little LATE, don't you think????

LOLOLOL!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Link

Thank you!

I'll leave this one here too. The Washington Post confirms/corroborates your link:

And Time pretty clearly at least at one point thought that was the case. A correction on the piece a separate piece featuring the photo from earlier in the week says:

Correction: The original version of this story misstated what happened to the girl in the photo after she taken from the scene. The girl was not carried away screaming by U.S. Border Patrol agents; her mother picked her up and the two were taken away together.

That's a pretty bad mistake.

Time magazine’s major mistake on the crying-girl cover
edit on 22-6-2018 by Boadicea because: Added orig posters quote

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

For everyone who is confusing being detained with being arrested:
"Arrested" means you have been taken into custody and can't leave. You can be "detained" for a short period of time if a police officer or other person believes you may be involved in a crime

So, going by this, you're suggesting that the clear message of the Time cover art is:

Welcome to America, where you can be "detained" for a short period of time if a police officer believes you may be involved in a crime

Well, gosh. That sounds entirely reasonable. I guess Time magazine are actually celebrating Trump bringing in sensible and reasonable law enforcement?

By using that image of the girl crying, that must be the message that Time is going with, right?
edit on 22-6-2018 by Rewey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

By 'misstated', they mean 'simply assumed because it was easier than doing proper journalism and investigating, and anyway it made Trump look bad, so...'

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

The photographer himself stated that he didn't know the child's fate and thought they would be separated.

Before you publish ANYTHING , you need to KNOW . Not THINK you know.
Obviously a cop-out generally performed by the intensely ignorant
"I thought" "I didnt know"
Dad on the statement "I thought..."
"Son , dont start a job if you dont have the tools to finish it."

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Correction isn't enough for you?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Wait a second..... You mean I cant believe what the state sanctioned media tells me?!?!

Too many people blinded by their hatred for a man who has never done ANYTHING to them, and who they never met, to think critically.

Bravo to the simpletons who fell for it.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Leftist Hypocrisy.
Obama covered up his administration's separating and caging of children.

Trump signed an EO correcting the problem.

TIME decides it would rather IGNORE Obama's inaction and cover-up.

DEMOCRATIC REP. ADMITS THE CHILD MIGRANT CRISIS ‘WAS KEPT VERY QUIET UNDER THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION’

“It was kept very quiet under the Obama administration. There were large numbers of people coming in. The Obama administration was trying to keep this quiet,” Cuellar told CNN’s Fredricka Whitfield.

Cuellar added that the number of children being held at the border right now is similar to the amount during the Obama administration.

“We still see the numbers,” he said, adding that “not all of them are being separated. Some of them are coming alone.”

dailycaller.com...

So...Leftists...
'Time' to call out and condemn Obama equally?
Or does Barry get a pass...because he's so special?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Whataboutism disease sure seem to be spreading rapidly.

Anyway, wrong is wrong, no matter who the president is.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Well done.
edit on 22-6-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: introvert

The edition will be released for July 2nd. here is the entirety of their current stance on the pic.

ZERO credibility, 100% propaganda, see and read for yourself, straight from the source.........

TIME Magazine - cover image article

John Moore, a Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer for Getty Images, has been photographing immigrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border for years. This week one of his pictures became the most visible symbol of the immigration debate in America.

“This one was tough for me. As soon as it was over, they were put into a van. I had to stop and take deep breaths,” Moore told TIME Tuesday, describing his reaction to the scene of a two-year-old Honduran girl crying as her mother was being detained in McAllen, Texas. “All I wanted to do was pick her up. But I couldn’t.”

John Moore—Getty Images
John Moore—Getty Images
Due to the power of the image, which appeared as critics from across the political spectrum attacked President Trump’s now-reversed policy of separating children from parents who are being detained for illegally entering the United States, TIME’s editors selected Moore’s photograph to create a photo illustration, including Trump, to make the July 2, 2018, cover of the magazine.

You are living up to your avatar you use now.

"Total Concentration!"

Kudo's, I agree with you and keep doing it I might become a righty? As long as there are no Bush's or their familiar sycophants in that, and RINO's can go home.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

No, Gothmog is 100% correct on this. A correction is fine for a genuine error. But this is simply sloppy, poor journalism.

And it's made worse when this seems to be constantly fed to the masses to support an agenda. Under the guise of 'misstating' something.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey

No, Gothmog is 100% correct on this. A correction is fine for a genuine error. But this is simply sloppy, poor journalism.

And it's made worse when this seems to be constantly fed to the masses to support an agenda. Under the guise of 'misstating' something.

Nope. As I have stated the photographer himself didn't know the child's fate and he thought they would be separated.

But anyway I love it because it causes Trump followers to become unhinged.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

This cry of 'whataboutism' is one of the most infuriating things spreading through ATS at the moment.

Yes, whataboutism is 100% necessary in this thread, because the entire point of it is that the media was silent for one president, and spreading rampant dissent for another. It's not like the story suddenly broke under Trump's presidency, it's that the media has always known, but only reports selectively.

That's whataboutism.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
Wait a second..... You mean I cant believe what the state sanctioned media tells me?!?!

Too many people blinded by their hatred for a man who has never done ANYTHING to them, and who they never met, to think critically.

Bravo to the simpletons who fell for it.

That's right you can only believe what trump tells you is really news, the rest is fake...

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join