It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Are you the mother?' A woman's search for baby taken by U.S. immigration

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

its merely who people are,

We disagree about that.

Maybe you have only meet bad people but I have had more good experiences with strangers than bad ones.
I even have a long list of all the good people I have meet through out my life. I have been adding to it for many years.
Some of these people I don't even see any more. The plan is that if I ever become a millionaire I am going to split the money with those people.

I am currently writing a book, so I hope it sales so I can do this.
edit on 22-6-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

Im going to be honest i think the guy should have been arrested for child abuse. He almost killed that baby on their trip. I was reading the article i posted and during the trip they realized this baby needed help. Instead of going to the nearest hospital in mexico he continues the journey with a sick child. It really upsets me that people can be so callous with babies.

The other thing the baby was obviously ill someone had to nurse him back to health but she trys to claim he wasnt bathed in months. Im not buying that either if that baby had pneumonia he spent time in a hospital to recover. Im not willing to believe any hospital is going to miss treat a baby. People become nurses because they care you cant convince me that all the nurses miss treated this child.

The other problem she obviously crossed with her other child why did she wait to start asking about her baby? None of this makes sense to me. But for the kids sakes im glad they are with their mom. But their is a lot were not being told. Like she's under house arrest must be with her family but they could not go to retrieve the child. She used the excuse she wasn't allowed to leave. I'm also pretty sure her probation officer would have made arrangements for her to get her son if she asked.

Either way thier actions were highly irresponsible in taking care of an infant. And luckily the child did not die but I'd be leary returning the child to the mother.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Why do laws exist?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
I get it that we're not going to all see eye to eye here. Some of us are going to see more emotion in this and others will try to make it look like it's nothing. Some will be very business like and see children as numbers and other will see these as their own, as a mother or a father. We're all different.

But ask yourselves this... when all is said and done, hopefully resolved peacefully... who do you think will end up looking bad?

Those who were on the side of kids or those who were not?

It will be mostly forgotten. Primarily because exceptions, like the story you shared here, dont jive with the reality that the conditions provided by the current admin are better than our own homeless recieve. And deployed soliders.

Prior to this admin it was worse. Caged and given foil blankets

If you want to blame someone blame congress for not creating a legal solution. Its their job.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The children are a tactic, a shield, deliberately used by invaders/illegals. As contrary as it is, we must not be used and made unable to defend our sovereignty because of this tactic. It should be a revolving door. Picked up and returned same day. No accommodations, no quarter, returned same day. Make the trips become all for nothing, no gain.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: Boadicea

You know how many of our own that are struggling every day? How many across the globe will suffer with America's economic collapse.

Yes, I know. Very well. And that has absolutely nothing to do with the negligence and abuse of any child we take from their parents for whatever reason. It's not an either/or situation. That's just the left/right paradigm talking.

Let's say your kid gets picked up by the cops for something like toilet papering a house, would you expect the police to just give them to any person that says they are their mother without proof? Now extrapolated that to 1000's or 10,000's, now throw in language barriers and bad paperwork how quick do you think that mess would get worked out?

Not even close to the frickin issue. A better analogy is to say that because I toilet papered a house the cops took my kid and then abused him and then blamed me for their abuse of my son.

And if we can't handle the responsibility of taking kids without being harmful and abusive ourselves, then we have no business taking them at all.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Well for one your taking one person's side of the situation who's negligent action initiated the abuse of their child.

The point of the analogy was the severity of the crime their being held for and to point out the logistical nightmare, which with no major catastrophe in SA would suggest this current influx is manufactured.

We're not over 20 trillion in debt with a failing infrastructure? Our own kids are not struggling?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Imagine how horrible the conditions they are fleeing are that they would face this risk with their precious much loved children.
Surely you are not claiming these people do not care about their children. Surely you are not saying they deserve this. They are engaging in survival behaviors. They are trying to save their children.
But you know...infestations and all. Have to be dealt with. Right?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

Well for one your taking one person's side of the situation who's negligent action initiated the abuse of their child.

No. No! No! NO!!! I'm taking the child's side!!!

Are you really trying to say that bad parents force others to abuse their children? Or even that it's okay to abuse children if their parents do it first? Because that's exactly what you are saying.

Whatever the parents do/did is on them... and whatever was done to these children AFTER WE TOOK THEM is on us!!! Period.

And it literally made me shudder that you cannot even see that. The children are no more than bats to bludgeon those oh-so-terrible parents with. And that's far worse than whatever the parents did, because we compounded those crimes exponentially.

The point of the analogy was the severity of the crime their being held for and to point out the logistical nightmare, which with no major catastrophe in SA would suggest this current influx is manufactured.

Of course it's manufactured. And in very large part by our own critters who refuse to deal responsibly with a known problem and have pretty much handed these folks an open invitation on a silver platter. We've watched it happen. Some of us have been demanding better for DECADES!!!

We're not over 20 trillion in debt with a failing infrastructure? Our own kids are not struggling?

So now it's okay to abuse kids because our nation is falling apart? It's okay to abuse "those" kids because "our" kids are struggling?

No! It's not an either/or situation. It's never okay to abuse kids. Any kids. NEVER EVER!!!

And just for the record, since you seem to be presuming quite a bit about my overall position, I completely understand that most of these kids crossing the border are not crossing with their parents. Many of these kids have been kidnapped and are being trafficked against their will and against the will of their parents. It's a huge problem and must be addressed. Neither have I been whining and moaning about how inhumane we are for putting "kids in cages." I fully understand that while those institutional conditions are not ideal, they are far above the conditions where they came from and what they endured on their travels north.

But hell if I'm going to excuse or ignore anyone here abusing these kids further in the name of protecting them. And especially not with the excuse of "Their parents did it first!"

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Did the child give you this information or his mother? I'm saying the parents endangered their child which could have led to it's bad health.

A very basic conservative tenant is that you have to first beable to stand on your own 2 feet to beable to help others. How do you know where they came from or what they were running from. Why risk the child safety crossing 1000's of mile of treacherous terrain through gang territory when there are much closer places that could provide safety? For what they see is better a better opportunity. Should we give them to the first person that comes along claiming to be there parents or does it take some time to verify especially while being underresourced and with the numbers we are talking about?

When I'm suggesting it being manufactured I'm talking about the huge ilrecent influx with no immediate reason to point at.

edit on 6/22/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470
I

Nobody put a gun to their head and made them become criminals

Some of these folks did have guns put to their heads. They were raped and tortured or lived with that threat. So there is this little girl who loves flowers and dances around in circles giggling because that what little girls do. But there is a threat that someone will kidnap this happy little girl and force her to become a sex slave so what she's only seven.
But someplace that is safe exists and if that little girl can get there chances are she will grow up and someday have her own family.
But in running away from these horrors they ran right into the arms of I.C.E. Kidnappers instead.
And before you cry about the right way to come in realize that they are being turned away.
They are being refused entry to request asylum.
And there is no reason not to let them in. But trump hates Latinos almost as much as he hates blacks. Maybe more and he sides with others ideas that these folks don't belong here.
He feeds the racism while denying it exists.
He says I will protect America don't worry white folks. I got your back.
We need more people here. Not fewer.
edit on 6222018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Okay... gotcha. You're all over the place trying to avoid the very basic and fundamental issue: the abuse of children by our people on our soil on our watch.

Make whatever piss poor excuses you want... drag in any and every side issue and by product you want... just hide your head in the sand and pretend like children aren't being abused if you want...

But the bottom line is the same: There is no good reason whatsoever for anyone to abuse any child anywhere ever. Period.

And I refuse to pretend otherwise.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Nope...
As a foreigner all I'm seeing is good border control.
As a kid I always figured a border would have shoot-on-site policy, I still think it should be that way.
I don't take mercy on home intruders, Why should the US?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

It's been normal for a while?
They're only showing it to you now though.

You didn't care to investigate yourself 15 years ago... so... your loss.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The truth of the matter, it's selective outrage to further push the hate Trump agenda. Mid terms are coming up and what a better tool for the Democrats to use than children. It's quite gross actually. They used DACA up until Trump tried to work with them on it, then they dropped that issue like a hot potato because they never really cared about DACA. Once Trump was willing to work with them then they couldn't use them to gain political ground against Trump, bam no more mention of DACA.

This has been an issue since Clinton. It's not new, there has been an uptick, but its not new. Nobody cared during Obama. The fake news pictures going around blaming trump are from 2014. Matter of fact I haven't seen any of the photos circulating that wen't fake news. They all have been debunked. It's sad to see these kids being used as political pawns because hate Trump.

Trump just signed an EO to patch the issue until law can be passed but again, nobody really cares as they are still harping on the issue to further the agenda. Milking it for all its worth. Bet the Dems wont vote on anything to fix it because hate Trump.

It's a good detraction from the IG report as well that exposes the bias and attempted rigging or our election by the Democrats and Unintelligence Agencies as more comes out and it becomes increasingly hard for MSM to spin it. So MSM starts fanning false selective outrage using kids as pawns.

If you can't see between the sheep in front of you, then your part of whats wrong with this country.
edit on 6 22 2018 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Child on the cover of Time was NOT separated by mother. In fact she paid $6000! for a coyote to get her across. Nice chunk of change for poor immigrant and a lot of Americans.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

i keep seeing people post/say 'well this was happening under obama' like that's an entire argument and they've won and now i have to take my toys and go.

here's the thing: even if that's 100% objectively true, that doesn't mean i think 'oh well if obama did this thing i think is completely terrible, it's only fair to let trump keep doing it.' if it's true and i had known about it then, i'd have been calling for it to end. but it's happening NOW. i know about it NOW. it needs to end NOW.

it also doesn't mean i think 'oh well it's an obama law, so trump has to keep doing it' -- trump has been undoing obama's work this whole time but this is one he can't undo?

to be honest, if you think 'obama did it' is all that needs to be said, you're telling me that you think this is a good policy that you want to keep doing, even if your dearly hated obama did it. you're also telling me that you think invoking obama means i will just change my mind because obviously it's just that simple.

sorry, i'm not participating in the cult of personality. i have the mental room to acknowledge that even leaders i mostly admire do things i don't like, and those things need to change. do you?
edit on 22-6-2018 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

I never once said it was okay to do it. I'm simply pointing out the TRUTH of it being selective outrage now to just further an agenda. Never once mentioned the right or wrong in it.

I never said it was an Obama law either. It was a law tied into an omnibus that Clinton signed.

You don't know jack about me. I'm an independent. I lean left or right on different issues. I voted for Obama, He had me hook line and sinker just like everyone else. He is a smooth talking fella. His lack of doing anything good for this country is why I voted Trump, that and seeing Hillary rig the primaries after I voted for Bernie.

The fact that you automatically lump me into a certain group because I don't follow the sheep echo chamber says more about "cult of personality" with you than it does me.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Bravo i couldn't have said it better myself. Just because someone does something wrong doesn't absolve us of the need to do the right thing.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
children always lose when adults do stupid things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join