It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Are you the mother?' A woman's search for baby taken by U.S. immigration

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
This is what the whole world is reading about us.

When are we going to stop making excuses and attacking the people that bring the news and focus on why this is happening? The horror behind it? What is worse? To create a situation such as this, or to endorse it?

(Reuters) - It took 85 days for Olivia Caceres to retrieve her baby boy, pulled from his father’s arms at the U.S. border, a traumatic experience many more parents face to reunite with children separated under President Donald Trump’s immigration policies.

Now nearly 20 months old, Mateo was returned to his family on Feb. 8 after a battle across borders, officialdom and languages. He was filthy and terrified of the dark, his mother said. Months later, the boy still screeches even as Caceres rocks him on her chest, sometimes until dawn.

85 days? And he was returned on Feb. 8th, which means he was separated in November? How long has all this been going on already? Does it mean that some of these kids have been detained for 5-6 months already, even though the law states a 20 day maximum? Does the law even matter any more?

For reasons that are unclear, U.S. immigration officials pulled Mateo from Fuentes’ clutch as he was being transferred to San Diego’s Otay Mesa detention center, along with the children of three other fathers. He was not told where the baby was sent.

When she finally got Mateo back in February, “he looked like he hadn’t been bathed in three months”, said Caceres in a telephone interview with Reuters this week from Los Angeles. “It was very hard to see the condition he was in. I don’t want to imagine that mountain of children, how they care for them,” she said, choking on tears.

Reut ers World News

Yes, it's a very heart-wrenching story and it's meant to get people passionate. That is because we've entered some dark times, and it's necessary.

+40 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

How exactly is it you are placing blame on the US for this? These people chose to come here. Do you think they didn't know what might happen to them when they made that decision? They definitely knew what might happen. They might get murdered, kidnapped, trafficked, or die of dehydration. They might get taken into US custody when they reach the border. They knew these things would happen, yet they chose to take that risk, because all those things are the lesser of two evils: where they left, was worse.

As far as how long this has been going on? Since Obama.

Of course, when Obama-God-of-Left was President, we didn't have thousands of liberals screaming on Twitter about how outrageous this was, they didn't march in protest, storm the detention centers, or heckle government workers. In fact, when Obama was told of the deplorable conditions that existed along the Texas border, he declined Texas governor Rick Perry's invitation to come see it himself. Obama declines to see conditions at TX border. But no liberal outrage for that. The grandstanding on this topic is sickening. If you cared, where have been for the YEARS that this has gone on? Oh wait, I already know by your own words in the OP - you didn't know, you didn't care.

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Damn, that is so sad that that baby's parents would risk it's life by involving it in their criminal scheme to gain citizenship...

If an American showed such disregard for their child's life, CPS would take their child away, put the parents in jail or prison, and put the child somewhere safe.

It's not surprising the child will have problems after what the parents put him through. If They would do This, then I can't imagine it was taken care of very well before they got here. Just the low nutrition alone from severe neglect at that age can cause permanent disabilities.

But, Im sure it was the 50 days in the Americans care that caused every problem it has or will Ever have.
edit on 6/22/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

And who should the blame be placed on?

This has been happening since Obama, and that makes it alright? Are we now making excuses for two presidents engaging in human rights violations? What the heck?

Why are people making excuses for such abhorrent behavior, when did this become normal?

edit on 22-6-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

That's what I'm talking about.

And now that they got all the troops pulled away, made this extravaganza of a global media affair out of broadcasting that if they bring a kid soon they're sure to get Catch & Release if they get caught, watch the rate of people dragging children through the desert to go nuclear.

And then they'll blame you and me for the desiccated baby bodies that start popping up out in the desert.

Because, um, well, well because!

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

This has been happening since Obama, and that makes it alright? Are we now making excuses for two presidents engaging in human rights violations? What the heck?

Why are people making excuses for such abhorrent behavior, when did this become normal?

The blame should be placed on the only people on this planet that baby has to count on to make the best decisions for its well being... The Parents!!!!!

...the excuses you make for their behavior came long before any of THIS ever happened.

Nobody put a gun to their head and made them become criminals.
edit on 6/22/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I get it that we're not going to all see eye to eye here. Some of us are going to see more emotion in this and others will try to make it look like it's nothing. Some will be very business like and see children as numbers and other will see these as their own, as a mother or a father. We're all different.

But ask yourselves this... when all is said and done, hopefully resolved peacefully... who do you think will end up looking bad?

Those who were on the side of kids or those who were not?

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   

...Does the law even matter any more?...

Let me do a quick google search on 'irony' and get back to you...

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Start with those knowingly breaking our laws.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I get it that we're not going to all see eye to eye here. Some of us are going to see more emotion in this and others will try to make it look like it's nothing. Some will be very business like and see children as numbers and other will see these as their own, as a mother or a father. We're all different.

But ask yourselves this... when all is said and done, hopefully resolved peacefully... who do you think will end up looking bad?

I bet you think you are on the side of the kids.

Thats the problem..

link   

originally posted by: notsure1

...i feel like ive seen this movie...

link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

The blame should be placed on the only people on this planet that baby has to count on to make the best decisions for its well being... The Parents!!!!!

Maybe they heard we were more civilized when they undertook the trek? I'm not making excuses for them wanting to come here nor am I claiming I know their reasons.

All I know is that we are ending up looking like jack-booted thugs from the way we are acting. And the only thing we can control is how we act, not how they act.

There was a time we were proud to be leaders in human rights.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I bet you think you are on the side of the kids.

Thats the problem..

Well, I'm definitely not on the side of the government that imprisons them. We should all be proud to say that.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Watch people start having kids just to use them as a tool to drag across the border with them, over all this.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Watch people start having kids just to use them as a tool to drag across the border with them, over all this.

Watch people stop caring about kids as soon as they're born. Oh, too late.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I'm sorry, I missed in the article what forced her to put her child in this situation also.
But your right, there was probably nothing she was running from - only to her American dream.

Sadly she made the wrong decision. She should have come here legally. Then her child could have formed a healthy relationship with others of her culture.

We are seeing this daily. Time actually got caught up in it on their cover page (that little girl was NEVER separated from her mommy).

I think this is another reason the truth is so important right now. I feel like we are witnessing the next Salam Witch Trials.
edit on 6/22/2018 by Martin75 because: Damn spell check...hmpf

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Maybe they heard we were more civilized when they undertook the trek? I'm not making excuses for them wanting to come here nor am I claiming I know their reasons.

All I know is that we are ending up looking like jack-booted thugs from the way we are acting. And the only thing we can control is how we act, not how they act.

And we still are.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Sadly if you give an inch a mile will be taken.

The sooner economic migrants realise that kids arent a shield and a means to a speedy visa the less well be seeing kids in these positions.

I think its better that a few parents and kids are inconvenienced in the short term if it means that less kids will be prompted to make the trip in future.

I feel sorry for the kids, I really do but I feel worse for the 1000's of kids who are abduted, raped, killed or otherwise abused when they make the illegal journey

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join