It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Priest Slapping Crying Baby during a Baptism!!!??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

If it were me, a punch to the priest's face and the baptism would be over. The video would be sent to the media, a complaint to the church would be filed and charges would be filed against the priest. My faith in religion would definitely be compromised.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: redletter

Baptism is the symbol that one has chosen to dedicate their live to serve Jehovah God. A baby does not have that choice. In God's eyes it is not a real baptism as it was forced on an infant too young to make their own choice.

Very good point.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This was very difficult to watch. Time for these priests to go to either the old folks home, or anger management.
In any case, they are a danger to children.

My god.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I agree it's an assault, but I doubt the parents were expecting this assault on their child. The father's expression and those around him show they were surprised by this priests actions. I've witnessed many baby baptisms and have never witnessed a priest lose it like this old prick! With the numerous Catholic priest molestations and cover-ups, you have to wonder when people are going to wake-up and realize you don't need religion to believe in God or to lead a caring and loving life. Like the bible says " beware of false prophets."

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: redletter
When Jesus was on earth he exposed the religious leaders as hypocrites and blind guides and called them vipers and offspring of the Devil. And said their tradition had made the word of God invalid. In this case it is very literal. Baptism is the symbol that one has chosen to dedicate their live to serve Jehovah God. A baby does not have that choice. In God's eyes it is not a real baptism as it was forced on an infant too young to make their own choice.

Jesus didn't politely go along with their crooked teachings. And I certainly wouldn't have let and never did let anyone treat my babies who are now almost grown the way those wretched fools did in those videos. Offspring of vipers they are.

The Catholic view of baptism is a little different. It's more like an exorcism. Original sin is cast out and replaced with the spirit of Christ. It protects the child against going to hell if he dies.

"Baptism is the symbol that one has chosen to dedicate their live to serve Jehovah God." Catholics have a different sacrament for that -- Conformation.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Raggedyman

With the numerous Catholic priest molestations and cover-ups, you have to wonder when people are going to wake-up and realize you don't need religion to believe in God or to lead a caring and loving life.

The fault lies, not with all religion, but with false religion. A widely respected religious figure, Jesus Christ, indicated that false religion produces bad works, just as a “rotten tree produces worthless fruit.” (Matthew 7:15-17) What fruit does false religion yield?

False Religion . . .

- MEDDLES IN WAR AND POLITICS: “Across Asia and beyond,” says the journal Asiaweek, “power-hungry leaders are cynically manipulating people’s religious sentiments for their own needs.” As a result, the journal warns: “The world threatens to sink into madness.” A prominent religious leader in the United States declared: “You’ve got to kill the terrorists before the killing stops.” His solution? “Blow them all away in the name of the Lord.” By contrast, the Bible says: “If anyone makes the statement: ‘I love God,’ and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar.” (1 John 4:20) Jesus even said: “Continue to love your enemies.” (Matthew 5:44) How many religions can you think of whose members engage in war?

- SPREADS FALSE DOCTRINE: Most religions teach that the soul or spirit is some invisible part of a human that survives the death of the physical body. By means of this teaching, many of these religions exploit their members, charging money to pray for departed souls. However, the Bible teaches a different doctrine. “The soul that is sinning​—it itself will die.” (Ezekiel 18:4) “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5) Jesus taught that the dead will be resurrected​—an unnecessary action if humans had an immortal soul. (John 11:11-25) Does your religion teach that the soul does not die?
How to Identify True Religion

What good fruit should true religion produce?​—Matthew 7:17.

True Religion . . .

- PRACTICES LOVE: True worshippers are “no part of the world,” are not divided by race or culture, and display ‘love among themselves.’ (John 13:35; 17:16; Acts 10:34, 35) Rather than killing one another, they are willing to die for one another.​—1 John 3:16.

- TRUSTS GOD’S WORD: Instead of teaching “tradition” and “commands of men as doctrines,” true religion bases its doctrine on God’s Word, the Bible. (Matthew 15:6-9) Why? Because “all Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight.”​—2 Timothy 3:16.

Source: The End of False Religion Is Near!

(False) Religion is a Snare and a Racket

edit on 24-6-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Thanks for that update. I would go as far as to remove him from the priesthood. At his age, he may becoming senile which all the more the church should remove him from priesthood.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Interesting read, thanks for posting!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join