It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bush due in Brussels to kiss and make up with Europe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
That's what this trip is for. European countries still think they're important and sore over the loss of their empires and want to feel important again...having the President make overtures towards them makes them feel good about themselves and allows them to be able to help the world situation in a minuscule way and blow it all out of proportion by making it seem like the U.S. really needs them.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Chirac is a terrorist aspirant. W best keep his cowboy
composure and NOT suck up to Chirac. If he does ...
it will make me sick to my stomach! BARF!

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Are you serious? Get past your hate of the French. How can you even compare what one leaders opinions are to the rest of a CONTINENT? Should we take, for example, what someone in Peru has to say and make that what all of America says? Are you saying us Europeans base our judgement on what Chirac thinks?

I don't really hate the French people, but I do think they take their cue from Chirac. And he is nothing but a terror pimp.

I need to travel to France to judge the attitude of the French people? Not really.

There are parts of Europe which I admire, and would like to travel to, but France is not one of them.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Chirac is a terrorist aspirant. W best keep his cowboy
composure and NOT suck up to Chirac. If he does ...
it will make me sick to my stomach! BARF!

The good thing is, I don't think you have to worry about Bush sucking up to Chirac. That won't happen. But you can pretty much count on Chirac to do or say something petulant. He is a wannabe world leader.

I remember a news clip showing Chirac kissing Laura Bush's hand. When she thought the cameras were filming elsewhere, she discretely wiped her right hand off on her skirt, never once losing that pleasant smile.

[edit on 20-2-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
That's what this trip is for. European countries still think they're important and sore over the loss of their empires and want to feel important again...having the President make overtures towards them makes them feel good about themselves and allows them to be able to help the world situation in a minuscule way and blow it all out of proportion by making it seem like the U.S. really needs them.

This is a major problem between US-Euro relations is a lack of respect that Europeans feel they get from America. This attitude doesn't help anything.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
This is a major problem between US-Euro relations is a lack of respect that Europeans feel they get from America. This attitude doesn't help anything.

Its a two street of sorts as well. The lack of respect, the condesending attitute, the smugness. It goes both ways.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join