It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nazi Peril

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The only way to get along with folks who think like you is to give in or oppose you.

I'd say the same about you.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
There used to be a time when left and right meant two ways of achieving the same goal.

Now though?

There are two sides, but they both want different goals.

Ya know, i think its more similar than you think. In my life there was a time when republicans rushed to give up the nations 4th amendment, our privacy, get the government involved in people personal lives via a gay marriage ban, arrest people for victimless crimes via the war on drugs, and sell out the middle class with Nafta and a continuous supply of cheap labor via immigration both legal and illegal and V1b visas.

And then theres the democratics who try to pry guns out of peoples handle via any means they can, get the government involvement in peoples personal lives by telling people they cant have certain beliefs and have to perform optional services for people against their will, arrest people for victimless crimes like possessing a 30 round mag and owning an AR15, ALSO selling out the middle class with nafta and immgration.

If you stop thinking about parties, its just the government continually getting new powers to interfer in our lives.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

How can so many racist elect a black man as our leader?

Because hes only half black.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The only way to get along with folks who think like you is to give in or oppose you.

I'd say the same about you.

Then you understand that you and I are the currently non-violent versions of what you're talking about in the OP.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Here's something we can all agree with: the problem is that there are just too many GD stupid people in this world.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

How can so many racist elect a black man as our leader?

Well, there can be only 2 possible answers:

1. Because the actual racists are black and so voted based on skin colour and skin colour only.
2. The MSM is racist and everyone who voted for Obama is not.

edit on 21/6/2018 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Here's another thing, you're either pro-government or pro-civil rights and freedoms.

You can't love you some government only when your guys are in power.

You guys are afraid of ANTIFA? Pfft.

Try the Militias. How many of them are inspired by John Birch?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
a reply to: notsure1

Cool story bro. I can say the same about Obama hating conservatives.

That thy are all racist? If they hate him it has to be because he is black right?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

That thy are all racist? If they hate him it has to be because he is black right?

Grats. You've managed to pull that out of your arse thinking I said that.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

you did say that I quoted it???

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

you did say that I quoted it???

Nope I didn't.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Yet in this so called "liberal" logic we have to change it. "Illegal Aliens"has to be subverted to "Undocumented Workers", or the latest one to catch my attention is "Asylum Seekers".

For people who break international law (and quite often domestic ones too).

We've been seeing this same effect across all of 'Planet SJW', this constant redefining of words, all new euphemisms, and going nuts about people adhering to the stuff quite often with a religious sort of zeal.

And guess what, this stuff is straight out of 1984. Like the social engineers fountainheading these memes & methods out are literally using 1984 verbatim as a handbook.

It's called Newspeak, and guess what, George Orwell's experiences fighting the Nazi's in World War 2 is what inspired his themes for 1984.

Quite true, yet the issue isn't isolated to "Planet SJW".

Both the left and right love to create "PC" euphemisms and "soft language". The right simply tend to focus their euphemisms around war and it's effects, and capitalist activities. Think "civilian casualties" becoming "collateral damage", or "shell shock" becoming "PTSD". Neither end of the political spectrum has anything resembling a monopoly when it comes to soft language euphemisms.

George Carlin had a very poignant bit about the modern "soft language" phenomenon.

edit on 6/21/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

There should be a rule: any replies/posts engendering the ‘sheeple’ masses with the brilliance of Carlin deserves immediate applause. Or like 50 stars, or some form of recognition beyond absolute piety (irony???).

Man was a genius in the art of language. Do work, sahn
edit on 22-6-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Here's something we can all agree with: the problem is that there are just too many GD stupid people in this world.

Ewww that's dehumanizing.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Of course it is.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

That's all military talk, and isnt exclusive to either party. They're both the same tregarding perpetuation of warmongeringism, its just that since the Neoon's they're more overt and brazen about it. Obama was a warmonger too. Actually the "soft language" would go to that side. DNC acts all anti-war but have proven since Bush it was all a farce. Im quite bitter with them about that turn.

To hear the more military specific language check out "The Truth Game", "Manufacturing Consent" and "War Made Easy".

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Soft language (aka "newspeak") doesn't fall to either side. They both do it in spades.

Yes, Obama was in many ways just Dubbya 2.0, but simply chalking it up to "military talk" doesn't cut it. The right loves to tout how much stronger they are in "supporting our military", and how much more they claim to support "free market capitalism" (where as Dubbya lead the way with certain banks being "too big to fail"... "free market", eh?), and Carlin points out how it permeates the modern capitalist corporate world as well.

Newspeak permeates both sides of the political spectrum. Don't let political blinders block you from the bigger picture.

edit on 6/22/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes. There is danger in dehumanizing people. I agree with that. No matter who does it, it tends to end badly if those who are doing it have power over the dehumanized. Sometimes dehumanization is so culturally ingrained in someone that they don’t know they are doing it.

I only call someone a Nazi when they self-identify as such, and then I mostly do that inside my own head. There are plenty of forms of evil in the world, and Nazism is only one of them. For example, I think Steven Miller and his policies are evil, and come from an unwholesome place.

I don’t know if he secretly identifies as a Nazi or Nazi sympathizer or if he abhors Nazism and all it stands for - but not specifically being a Nazi doesn’t mean he isn’t pushing morally reprehensible policies based on the dehumanization of “groups of others,” using them as scapegoats, as props for division and derision, doing harm to them in the name of “security,” including crafting a policy for taking infants and small children away from parents who are seeking asylum and escaping violent, murderous environments in their home countries and doing so with no plan to return these children (This goes well beyond what is required by the rule of law and is nothing short of hideously cruel), ignoring the suffering of American Citizens in Flint MI and Puerto Rico, etc.

So I wont call Miller a Nazi, but his behavior is evil. It is evil. Trump is implementing his evil. And if we are not careful, if we allow such true evil to erode our Republic, if we normalize it and fail to call it evil, we may yet (again) open wide the doors to hell on Earth.

I say “again” because we’ve done terrible things in our country, from genocide of native Americans to Japanese internment camps, to slavery, to dehumanization of nearly every group of immigrants that have struggled to join our melting pot, to the institutionalizing of racism, and the list goes on and on. We’ve just added another one to a long line of abuses and degradations to our fellow humans.

We need to freaking grow up. All of us. As a country and as a species.

Perhaps folks who like Trump do not see the evil. Perhaps they think “the other side” is making up the whole narrative because people like Tucker and Hannity and Rush and Ingrahm say they are and their arguments feel good to them, feel righteous somehow? Perhaps they see the other side as evil (ie abortion) and so their anger justifies dehumanizing their opponents, or at least turning a blind eye to what their own side is doing? I don’t know.

I think there are a lot of things that pundits like Tucker have done to foment hate against liberals, Muslims, and people seeking to immigrate to America. If he’s worried about hate, he needs to own his own part in generating it from his side. Now he’s playing the victim card which conveniently deflects all “bad stuff “ to the “nasty bullying left.” Convenient. It is always easier to see the bad of the “ other “ and slap gold plate on our own crap. Right? And we all freaking do that. That’s why we all lose in the end and those who play “ stir things up and watch people fight while we sneak out the back with all their stuff” win.

No, “the adults” are not in charge. Bullies are in charge. Tribalism is in charge. Callousness is in charge. Indecency is in charge. Sociopathic Lies and liars are in charge. Cruelty is too. All that is dark in our history is rearing its foul and beastial head and if we are not careful, it will gleefully rip us to shreds. All of us.

So no, I’m not going to call you a Nazi.

I will just take my “delicious liberal tears” and “autistic screeching” (a phrase that is hateful on such a deep level to those of us with autistic kids), my sense of decency, compassion, truth and morality, my genuine pain over how insane things are right now, and all my “libtard” beliefs as to the role of government vs the role of the individual, and bow the *bleep* out of here while ignoring virtue signalers attempting to call me out for virtue signaling or some such nonsense. (Notice the lack of violence). I won’t let the screen door hit me on the way either.

Peace. And may none of us ever fall into the hands of those who would treat us as the Nazi’s treated their victims.

edit on 22-6-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: DBCowboy

...For example, I think Steven Miller and his policies are evil, and come from an unwholesome place.
I don’t know if he secretly identifies as a Nazi...

I heard that he identifies as a space cowboy, but also goes by maurice...

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

The military thing is universal, its just that the Republican's are more overt and brazen about it.

Go play the debates from 2008. I've studied them all in depth (to Make "Neocon Wars"), and it was the same questions and the same answers. "Attack of the Clones" I captioned the segment where I showed the DNC candidates. Theres just not as much juicy material, but the same material is in there. The Dem's just try to speak 'softly' about it as if they're different. They prefer coups and proxy wars over sending troops so they can act all innocent, and scapegoating like blaming Syria on Russia when they started it with Russia's long ally, and paying lip service to "peace" more then Rep's do, but the places all get blown up just the same. GOP is just more up front and honest about the nature of this pirate ship they've got US all riding on.
edit on 22-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join