It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nazi Peril

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
First off, this is not a complaint about or towards anyone calling me a Nazi. Trust me, I'm used to it.

But I was watching Tucker Carlson tonight and he spoke of this topic and I wanted to expand on it a bit.

There is a danger in society when you dehumanize your opponent to such a degree that violence against the target is not only acceptable, but encouraged.

(Interlude to avoid confusion; the argument will come up that calling illegal aliens also is dehumanizing. But the illegal alien category is predicated on a specific action, that of illegally entering into the country.)

No one likes the Nazi's. No one. Except other Nazi's. Nazi's are the only ones who like Nazi's. But we stand up for their rights to free speech. We tolerate their marches because we live in a free society and free societies do that.

The Nazi's I want to discuss aren't really Nazi's though. They are regular folks who don't subscribe to an ideology that is growing increasingly militant. They are just people with different opinions.

Yet they are being labeled as Nazi's. I think the reason is that there is no rational argument against these people. The regular people who have different opinions aren't believing the way a certain ideology wants them to think. So they are labeled as Nazi's and subsequently dehumanized.

I think that once they are dehumanized to a certain extent, violence will be socially acceptable towards them. It won't be a right versus left, but a (falsely) morally right versus those whom don't adhere to the ideology.

There is a stench of violence. We see it on Twitter and social media calling for the rape of children, the abasement of first family members, the hopes of a presidential assassination, punishment for their "followers.

Once it becomes acceptable to label those with whom you disagree with, "Nazi" then the game has changed. It no longer becomes hyperbole, it no longer becomes a tit-for-tat.

Now I know hyperbole. I play it all the time. But that's what it is.

Hyperbole.

It's not being repeated on media, social media, national television 24/7.

I think we're heading for a real Nazi Peril. But it won't be the brain-dead morons glorifying Hitler that will be doing the damage.

It will be those who have convinced themselves and others that they are fighting a just and moral battle and that by any means necessary, everyone else must be violently stopped.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Once it becomes acceptable to label those with whom you disagree with

It is already acceptable in society. Especially online society. Just go read the comment section of almost any type of forum.
What is worse. This kind of behavior or freedom of speech?

edit on 21-6-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I have a hard time conflating the two.

I will say that labeling someone a Nazi would allow (by society standards) a certain level of violence.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Don't worry. I get called a Nazi all the time. Besides it's you yourself who called me un-American.

But anyway I just think right now people calling others Nazi because they think they don't care about the children.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
People have a habit of seeing the worst of themselves in others.

I will shoot at anyone who shoots at me, Nazi or no.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

un american = nazi?

wow.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

(Interlude to avoid confusion; the argument will come up that calling illegal aliens also is dehumanizing. But the illegal alien category is predicated on a specific action, .)

"that of illegally entering into ANY country"

Its a mere categorizations specific to an individuals status in a nation-state.

That's all.

But the Democrat Agenda has made this huge fuss over it, I guess it sounds mean or something? I dont get it.

Note we call outer space aliens "extraterrestrials".

Alien is merely a word for non-native, un-naturalized.

Id rather be called that than se an "exotic invasive species" the wording we use for plants and "animals" outside of their native ranges.

Meaning its already a euphemism.

Yet in this so called "liberal" logic we have to change it. "Illegal Aliens"has to be subverted to "Undocumented Workers", or the latest one to catch my attention is "Asylum Seekers".

For people who break international law (and quite often domestic ones too).

We've been seeing this same effect across all of 'Planet SJW', this constant redefining of words, all new euphemisms, and going nuts about people adhering to the stuff quite often with a religious sort of zeal.

And guess what, this stuff is straight out of 1984. Like the social engineers fountainheading these memes & methods out are literally using 1984 verbatim as a handbook.

It's called Newspeak, and guess what, George Orwell's experiences fighting the Nazi's in World War 2 is what inspired his themes for 1984.

S & F

edit on 21-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

un american = nazi?

wow.

Thinking I said that.

wow.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
Don't worry. I get called a Nazi all the time. Besides it's you yourself who called me un-American.

But anyway I just think right now people calling others Nazi because they think they don't care about the children.

Yes I did call you un-American. I was using hyperbole.

I'd google the definition for you but I'm sure you can handle that.

And yes, people are calling others Nazi because of disagreement over immigration policies.

link   

Your words...right?

link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yes my words. Where did I say that Nazi is the same as being un-American?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Dehumanization of people seems to be a big thing these days. I've noticed people immediately leap to dehumanize groups of people they disagree with or who share different ideals. It's kinda scary. You've got exceedingly liberal people dehumanizing men or conservative viewed people. You've got conservative people dehumanizing liberals. A group of angry men who dehumanize women, groups of angry women who dehumanize men, a large number of people all over the world who dehumanize people of different religions and cultures to themselves. Scientists, corporations and politicians that dehumanize the entire human race. Everyone seems to really want to create an enemy for themselves and the easiest way to do that is to make your enemy seem inhuman.

As much as I really enjoy the internet and think it's fairly amazing, I feel like it has a large part to do with it though. Everyone has access to some of the most terrible things around and they can immerse themselves with people who share their views and feed off eachother. Even ATS is like this. It used to be conspiracy theorists and weirdos feeding off eachother now it's uhhh...I dunno a bunch of kids pretending to understand politics...or if they're not kids they sure #ing act like it sometimes. Either way, everyone can sit there and validate eachother, tune out the world and pretend everyone else is wrong and turn them into some kind of enemy.

I dunno everyone needs to kinda take a step back and remember....90% of the people you see or pass by or that are around in the world are just normal people trying to live their life. The media makes it seem like everyone's crazy and ridiculous but it's kinda blown way out of proportion. Most people are pretty alright.
edit on 21/6/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

First off, this is not a complaint about or towards anyone calling me a Nazi. Trust me, I'm used to it.

Don't be to hard on your girl mate... In her defence, you do kind of occasionally come across as a "Nazi"...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I'd google the definition for you but I'm sure you can handle that.

LOL. No I don't need grade level education. But thanks anyway.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Don't be to hard on your girl mate... In her defence, you do kind of occasionally come across as a "Nazi"...

And like clockwork, someone comes around and proves my point.

I couldn't have planned it any better.

Thank you.

link   

a reply to: highvein

I have a hard time conflating the two.

I will say that labeling someone a Nazi would allow (by society standards) a certain level of violence.

Socially yeah. What would be the way to stop it?

For the longest time now I have known that to the government people are just a number. It didn't hurt my feelings because that's just the way it is. Now people think it is a better idea to think with their emotions than with their head.
edit on 21-6-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

link   

There is a danger in society when you dehumanize your opponent to such a degree that violence against the target is not only acceptable, but encouraged.

I absolutely agree. Let's stop dehumanizing people. All of us.

Advocating violence against others because of racial, sexual, or any other prejudice is a hate crime.

Let's all stand against all hate crime.

edit on 21-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

When you face your adversaries as a non existent thing, it makes the hate flow much easier.

Facing a foe face to face as another human is much more difficult.

For instance, if ATS was a huge bar or lounge, do you think the mudpit would be popular?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I absolutely agree. Let's stop dehumanizing people.

All of us.

But, but you did it yourself!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join