It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuomo worried about immigrant children staying in NY certified child care facilities.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
wxxinews.org...

Governor Cuomo is worried about immigrant children staying at New York State certified foster care facilities. These are the same facilities that the state sends its own kids who do not have parents to care for them; but apparently they aren't good enough for these immigrant children and Cuomo feels the need to protect them from his own facilities.

Its disheartening to find out that we aren't even protecting our own foster kids and that we now have to worry about the system we send them to. It was bad enough when it was just the immigrant children at the boarder.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Did you say New York?

Trump is from New York. He's so from New York he's New York, New York!

This MUST be his fault.

He should be impeached immediately.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Is that the same facility where they do things like illegally test experimental drugs on foster kids?

ahrp.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
To be fair Cuomo is probably right, we’ve all heard the horror stories of what happens to kids in foster care.

Like the OP I find it sad that it’s fine for his constituents but not good enough for foreigners.

Maybe that’s how you guys can change things like taxes, get illegals to start paying it and watch the dems call for abolishing it as it’s making their future voters lives difficult

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I feel bad for the children. None of this is the children's fault. Cuomo is just a doushy politician trying to raise his polling numbers with the sympathy for the illegal kiddie group. That's all.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yes I can see why he is worried about his own system.

And apparently he has some bad polices in which the system separates children from loving and nurturing parents.

mobile.nytimes.com...

One night, exhausted, Ms. Joefield put Deja to bed, and plopped into a bath with her headphones on.

By the time I come out, I’m looking, I don’t see my child,” said Ms. Joefield, who began frantically searching the building. Deja, who was 5, had indeed headed for the grandmother’s house when she couldn’t find her mother, but the next thing Ms. Joefield knew, it was a police matter.

“I’m thinking, I’ll explain to them what happened, and I’ll get my child,” Ms. Joefield said.

For most parents, this scenario might be a panic-inducing, but hardly insurmountable, hiccup in the long trial of raising a child. Yet for Ms. Joefield and women in her circumstances — living in poor neighborhoods, with few child care options — the consequences can be severe. Police officers removed Deja from her apartment and the Administration for Children’s Servicesplaced her in foster care. Police charged Ms. Joefield with endangering the welfare of a child.

Forget about the morally gray area of crossing into a country illegally. Apparently New York separates children from parents who take baths ... while pore.

In interviews, dozens of lawyers working on these cases say the removals punish parents who have few resources. Their clients are predominantly poor black and Hispanic women, they say, and the criminalization of their parenting choices has led some to nickname the practice: Jane Crow.

“It takes a lot as a public defender to be shocked, but these are the kinds of cases you hear attorneys screaming about in the hall,” said Scott Hechinger, a lawyer at Brooklyn Defender Services. 

What is wrong with our leaders like Trump and Cuomo to make them think its ok to treat children like this?

Hopefully the current spotlight will make Cuomo think twice about the systems in his state that treat these children and families so poorly.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
this needs to stop NOW

if you are not from the US do not send your CHILDREN HERE ALONE

we are not going to raise them!

pull your heads out of your ass America!!

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

What is wrong with our leaders like Trump and Cuomo to make them think its ok to treat children like this?

So you didn't like what Trump did with his EO?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

No I don't care much for political theater.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

you have no idea how the court system works like every other lefty on the planet

it's a law that has to be struck down by the courts there's precedence yadda yadda

also, it's not our responsibility to raise the rest of the worlds kids because they decided they couldn't handle it so they sent their UNACCOMPANIED minor's for us to handle

ship them back

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

you have no idea how the court system works like every other lefty on the planet

it's a law that has to be struck down by the courts there's precedence yadda yadda

also, it's not our responsibility to raise the rest of the worlds kids because they decided they couldn't handle it so they sent their UNACCOMPANIED minor's for us to handle

ship them back

I think you might be arguing with someone else. I didn't comment on our responsibility to raise the rest of the worlds kids. My OP was about how New York is raising its foster kids and how Cuomo is worried about his foster care facilities.
edit on 21-6-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Not even when it put an end to it? You didn't like that?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
That would be discrimination. If the facility is good enough for citizen children, it is good enough for immigrant children. Why should the immigrants have special rights more than citizens get?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Not even when it put an end to it? You didn't like that?

The EO has not put an end to anything. There will be more political posturing to come and no imagination reform.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
That would be discrimination. If the facility is good enough for citizen children, it is good enough for immigrant children. Why should the immigrants have special rights more than citizens get?

I think what has happened is that Cuomo inadvertently made clear that the New York foster care system isn't good enough for anyone, citizens or immigrants.

Because he couldn't let a good photo op go to waist he implicated his own system. He cut off his nose to spite Trumps face.
edit on 21-6-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

It is letting the children be with the parents.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

It is letting the children be with the parents.

And since that is not really the problem (only the thing some people are harping on) it doesnt really mater ... if it even lets children be with their parents in the first place.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I am going to go out on a limb and say some of these kids parents are here and sent for their children once they saved up enough money. I also believe that the kids were not "unaccompanied" but treked through with coyotes and will meet at a designated meeting point if they can make it to other side of the border. Imo they believe they have a better chance of sneaking in then rolling the dice and asking for assylum the legal way. Word must have gotten out to cross now because it's only going to get harder under Trump.
edit on 21-6-2018 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

www.motherjones.com...

70,000 kids will show up without adults on our borders guess I'm suppose to raise them

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: conspiracy nut

www.motherjones.com...

70,000 kids will show up without adults on our borders guess I'm suppose to raise them

Somebody has to raise them.

"How things should be" and "how things are" are rarely the same. Your completely correct that it's not your responsibility but sometimes you have to do things simply because no one else will.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join