It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fear of aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I sympathise your predicament and can understand what fear is, espacially of the unknown. Unfortunately, it is these such excuses that some govt use to prevent disclosure to mankind - fear and panic.

However, the truth of it all is - is it better to confront our fears or should we continue to hide in the shadows with blankets of lies throughout life? A coward dies many times, but a hero dies only once.

I dont claim to speak for anyone here, but i guess everyone who had fears at some point in their life, whether of spiders, lizards, dark, etc generally feel better once they are able to confront and deal with their fears. The only thing to fear is fear itself. And most fears are generated from our own inability or limited desire to come to grip with it. Wish you all the best.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
We fear aliens because we fear ourselves, we fear ourselves because we know very little about our origin.We fear what we haven't come to understand.Those who dare to search for the answers they are there within us.If we can deal with (our known truths) then perhaps we can handle more than what we know.Our journey is one that is rewritten many times.Find your truths and you will find your faults.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Aliens do not scare me at all.I like aliens.I have alien pictures on my wall.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Croat56

Don't worry, man. You're as "alien" to the alien as the alien is to you... They come from a different planet and look and act different, and so do you.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
To the guy who posts that of a possibility that aliens fear us as the alien? If this so be true, why is everything about an alien so fearful and we never take into account that they fear us? I have not heard stories of us hurting, killing, nor even "abducting" aliens. Just vice versa. Now im just stating as i came to this post to see if anyone has had what i have. Which is I pretty much CRY when i see pictures of aliens any shape or form i cant stand them. They scare me soooo bad i cant take it. I still push the movies and pictures on myself, yet i dont know why. I even believe them to be a god to Myself. and i was stunned when the movie. 'the fourth kind"' came out and the words "I am god" were spoken...... I was shocked in amazement that someone felt the same way! But if i fear them sooo much, why myself do i see them as a god to me? I do recall one dream with aliens i had when i was younger, but it was different. It took me on an adventure with GOOD aliens with red fiery eyes. and i was helping them fight the BAD aliens with big black eyes. LOL crazy i know respond with what you want.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join