It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Afghanistan May Be South of the US Border

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I was just thinking that as places around the world dry up as in SK, Afghanistan, maybe EU for military actions/commitments we need a new place to keep the old military industrial complex going and South America seems like a ripe spot to do that. The main thing would be to identify all Drug cartel/lords/criminals as terrorists and then we could pull a Iraq/Afghanistan on countries like El Salvador, Guatemala, and Nicaragua to name a few, and start our "country building" operations.

When we see people swarming into Mexico with the Mexican Government just waving them through across their whole country right up to our borders we have few choices outside of going to their country and removing the threat that is driving them to our borders in the first place.

Thoughts/Concerns?

edit on 21-6-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I don't think so myself. I think Iran is the most logical next stop, considering the wealth of resources they're sitting on. After that, South Africa may be boiling over and separated enough from the developed world to warrant a visit from the west.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Why can't we just get invaded by aliens!

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Northern Mexico.

💫🔑

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I agree with Birdman30ott6 there is still plenty left to do in the Middle East.

But if we did decide to head down south I think our first stop would be Mexico and it would be done bilaterally along with the good side of the Mexican government. We could convert them into U.S. jr. and they could act as a plug for the flood of illegals coming from the south.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

The Next Afghanistan May Be South America

The main thing would be to identify all Drug cartel/lords/criminals as terrorists and then we could pull a Iraq/Afghanistan on countries like El Salvador, Guatemala, and Nicaragua to name a few, and start our "country building" operations.

Bruh, literally neither of those is in South America.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Why can't we just get invaded by aliens!

Why not the "Swedish Sun-Tanning Team" like in the movie Boat trip

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Aren't those countries more Central America?

Don't go further south, we'll all be seeing chocolate prices go up. I think it comes from there, I better look that up....

Looked it up, google says:

South America's major exports, in terms of value, are mostly primary commodities, including foodstuffs and plant products, fuels, and raw materials. Within the first group the most important commodities are sugar, bananas, cocoa, coffee, tobacco, beef, corn, and wheat.
edit on 21-6-2018 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You cant kill all the Drug Cartels.

Who the hell will facilitate your nation with all the snow and smack it requires to keep itself from falling apart and imploding?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I was thinking Africa. There are some very important technology minerals there, and they're important enough that the superpowers might want to start cleaning up that continent in order to guard against shortages. Get rid of the warlords, establish some puppet governments... you know, the usual.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Plus the addition of vast numbers of brown and black people on the continent make it the perfect next target for our respective gooberments intervention.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
How about Canada... Six months on, six months off, go back every spring and blow stuff up, burn and pillage ...A

In the fall come back to the states and chill.

After all, look what they want to do to us...
www.bing.com... now.carousel%22&nvaug=%5bNewsVertical+topicviewtype%3d"2"%5d&qpvt=Grand+Staircase-Escalante+mining&FORM=EWRE
edit on 21-6-2018 by Plotus because: Boom, boom, boom

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Plus the addition of vast numbers of brown and black people on the continent make it the perfect next target for our respective gooberments intervention.

It would help if they were all Muslim, but you can't have everything.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

You cant fight a nation that's essentially your closest ally, geographically speaking, never mind connected to the 51 state that is the United Kingdom in the manner Canada still is.

Our bankers won't like that, hence neither will your own.

edit on 21-6-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Too late:
Operation Condor

The CIA's already been running roughshod over that place forever now.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Ha ha ha ha........ ok.

a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I was thinking Africa. There are some very important technology minerals there, and they're important enough that the superpowers might want to start cleaning up that continent in order to guard against shortages. Get rid of the warlords, establish some puppet governments... you know, the usual.

o.O

Please look into the "Scramble for Africa". Europe did what you're saying from the late 1800s to the early 1900s and there were untold atrocities along the way, including the Belgian atrocities in the Congo & first genocide of the 20th century (HERE). All of Africa's current countries except for Liberia and Ethiopia were conquered by Europe during that time period (Liberia was already a US vassal state and Ethiopia defeated the invading Italians).

But in response, from the 1950s until 1980, there was an entire branch of the Cold War which is commonly called the "Decolonization" period. Throughout Africa's branch of decolonization, there were constant violent and nonviolent revolutions that forced the European colonizers out of virtually every one of those African countries. There is literally no way the US would be able to accomplish another "Scramble for Africa".

To be real, this is exactly why so many African countries are getting closer to China. I won't go into the full history (though this link gives a pretty good summary), but this constant push by the West to conquer African countries is still fresh in African minds. China, on the other hand, typically stays out of African domestic affairs, doesn't try to preach about hypocritical moral crap to African countries, and instead simply works on mutually beneficial deals with African countries.

In fact, one of China's overt goals in Africa is to build strong allies there during the process. They want African countries to get strong economically and militarily both so China can have better trade partners there and so the BRICS nations can be even less reliant on Western countries. In fact, I not so secretly suspect that there's another massive ulterior motive for China wanting to build up African countries, but I'll keep my suspicions to myself on that one.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

In fact, I not so secretly suspect that there's another massive ulterior motive for China wanting to build up African countries, but I'll keep my suspicions to myself on that one.

they need real estate to grow food?

Or maybe build more factories and industries so they can let their own country "air out". Whew.

(I suspect you had something more sinister in mind)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Just imagine the flood of refugees when Venezuela collapses. Yes I believe we will have big issues with Central, south america and Mexico. This is our backyard and we should work with their governments to eradicate crime, poverty and corruption. We should invest in them to build up their infrastructure and teach their citizens skills so they can help to build up their own countries.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join