It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four cups of coffee a day could help the heart grow stronger and repair itself from damage

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
More great news from the Keith Richards School of Medicine.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Don't think it will prevent heart attacks. I drink a little more than that and had a heart attack Mother's Day.

Just live your life and be ready when it's time to go.
edit on 6/21/2018 by TXTriker because: spelling

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Um, sure? The next study will be the opposite! I'm way over the "coffee is good, coffee is bad", "caffeine is good, caffeine is bad", "news" a long time ago.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yeaah and will keep you awake all day and night which is what some people want... they don't want is to rest. Trust me, sleep you need.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Yeah, caffeine in moderation can be good for ya... but you can take it to far.

The iced coffee I drink at breakfast and diet coke I usually drink at lunch, I personally think has a beneficial effect on me... But, looking back on the days when I was downing 6 sugar free red bulls a day... I kind of suspect that might of had a slightly negative effect on my long term cardiovascular health.

I've found that one 16 oz regular red bull actually drops my sugar.

That's probably because of what red bull does for your metabolism.

I've tried all those other energy drinks... but in my opinion, nothing comes close to being as effective as red bull... If you've drank something that seems like a better stimulant, then it was probably either just a placebo or its illegal.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
I'm not impressed...in a month coffee with literally cause your dick to fall off.

You took the uh, ah, er, words, yeah that's it, words, right out of my wife's mouth lol

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Me: So if I drink eight cups of coffee a day, will I become Superman?
National Coffee Advisory Board: We're not saying yes, but... yes.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OzManHero
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

Make you have to go the bathroom lots

But , that is a very good thing.....

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I always wonder where the funding for some of these studies come from. Has coffee seen a decline in sales recently? If so this new info from this new study might make sense.

Haha! Yea right! It's not like Starbucks is closing 150 stores next year....

just kidding, they are.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Always find studies like this funny. They always tell you don't do, than a new study comes out and tell you its ok now. Moderation in life if key. One day we all get lucky and die so if you drank 40 cups coffee a day or 0. wont change the fact you will be dead.

SO please always drink more coffee..

And they wonder why I question science sometimes.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Wow , thanks for this...
Research shows coffee may....
1)lower A1C levels as it accelerates the bodies' metabolic rate temporarily . Helps to burn "calories" during exercise
2)that it can lower a man's chance of certain cancers .

But , only in moderation.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
I'm not impressed...in a month coffee with literally cause your dick to fall off.

Oh , I am so sorry for your negative reaction to coffee.
How many cups per day did you drink for this to happen ?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Nah, Mother is way more effective than Red Bull. I only drink the sugar-free versions nowadays, but yeh...Mother has some kick.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I love the smell, but it gives me the jitters and makes me shart like a coon.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

Yeah, 'mother' is the most popular energy drink, atm ... I'm fully aware.

But, red bull is the most tried and true... No targeted advertising to certain demographics by the Coca-Cola Company, will ever change the fact that red bull is superior, to the rest.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I love the smell, but it gives me the jitters and makes me shart like a coon.

What?

You Sharted?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Caffeine is an adjuvant, it makes things work more efficiently sometimes. Like Excedrin. It is a methyl donor which can be good for many people. It is not good for some people who cannot break down methyl well, Mint is also a methyl donor and some parts of marijuana. Some methyl is good, but too much is not good. Coffee also contains caffeic acid, that is good mixed with caffeine. Tea has theobromine which can be good too. Both coffee and tea are diuretics which assist in getting rid of metabolic toxins excreted by our cells.

I did a thread on coffee before. www.abovetopsecret.com... There are lot of good things to do with coffee, that is why they told everyone it was bad and to quit drinking it. It boosted business for the medical industry. It does interact with some meds, meds you might not need if you drank enough coffee.

edit on 21-6-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

So 4 pots of coffee a day means my heart can probably stop bullets?
No. It means your heart races at the speed of a bullet. I usually drink 2 to 4 pots a day of Arabic and Columbian coffees.

#tweakingout

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Yes the coffee industry paid good money to remind us that their product may or may not help us.

But I only wanna drink the brands who paid for the study. I'm not supporting freeloader corporations.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Always find studies like this funny. They always tell you don't do, than a new study comes out and tell you its ok now. Moderation in life if key. One day we all get lucky and die so if you drank 40 cups coffee a day or 0. wont change the fact you will be dead.

SO please always drink more coffee..

And they wonder why I question science sometimes.

Oh you can question Science Inc., but if you start gettin any bright ideas to make any changes you better watch out.

It's nothin personal, business is business and the bottom line is all that matters.

<< 1    3 >>

join