It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania Trump Wears Jacket With ‘I Really Don’t Care’ On It To Visit Immigrant Children

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: Erno86

lol

if you seek reason for hate you will find it everywhere.

any jackass can see she was not saying that about immigrants.

Without her over 500 kids would have not been reunited yesterday.

You should thank her

I don't thank a member who represents the enemy of the United States of America...

edit on 22-6-2018 by Erno86 because: added vid

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

ya, think you are right, she wore it while getting on the plane to head for tx... not sure about the trip home...

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I think its good that Trump has recognised that this was a problem and has taken steps to rectify it.

Credit where credit is due, something bad was happening, it was exposed, he took steps to stop it.

However....

When his wife then goes to meet with these kids wearing a jacket with a message like that on the back its either through stupidity or its just to troll and annoy people. It completely overshadows something good her husband has done, it almost undermines it in a sense because the message that some takeaway form it is quite simply that she and possibly by extension her husband just don't care about the issue.

Now sure, I get that they are now trying to spin this to say that actually she was just sending a message about her views on fake news. Thats fine, I get that, but the context is all off and you cannot complain when called out on it. If it really is just to express her views on Fake News then she can wear it during her next interview with whatever news outlet is the new fake news monster according to the administration.

She done wrong, there is no defence of it, seems quite simple to me, she should apologies for wearing something so insensitive.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

"Donald i do not care if the kids come to the usa! Do you?"

"I do not care if the secret service does not want me to go! Do you?"

It is like a ink blot test to see who uses facts and logic to infer meaning.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
Melania's "insensitive," heartless" and "unthinking" piece of trash clothing, rivals Jeff Sessions racist Christian biblical quote...that compares the "justified," "zero tolerance" nuclear option of the separation of children from immigration parents at the border; which was used to justify slavery before the U.S. Civil War.

The former Alabama senator Jeff Sessions provoked controversy last week when he cited Apostle Paul and Romans 13, and advised people to "obey the laws of government because God had ordained them for the purpose of order."

I think it would be more fitting if D.J.T., Melania an Sessions all wore white robed and hooded KKK garb, than the traditional trash rags that they usually wear.

My God, the hyperbolic histrionics!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

she wore it while getting off the plane as well.

really poor judgement.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

she should apologies for wearing something so insensitive.

...only when we ignore where she was, and it wasn't a fashion event that she recognized as an important issue by travelling there.

She grilled The Dons ass afterwards, it kinda looks like it. Which is probably the part she didn't care about. Look at the discrepancies between Trumps fake-parka-news and her public statement, there's your first hint.
And looking at TheCowboys new thread, me thinks she even called him a Nazi during a more private talk, and it wasn't the Boss suit that made her do it.

What? Don't gimme that sad look! It's a conspiracy site and it is known, that their relationship sailed a long way.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

i can't find any supporting info other than she wore a yellow jacket later that day.

All the pics i see show her boarding the plane with it.

not disagreeing with you just looking for supporting info since it is not main stream info..

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

really poor judgement.

Nope.
She wasn't wearing it when she got off the plane

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Melania Trump, who did not wear the coat while touring the facility in Texas, was again wearing the jacket when she deplaned in Maryland, headed back to the White House. The choice seemed deliberate: It was 80 degrees and humid, and the coat had been a topic of controversy for hours.

www.washingtonpost.com... ?utm_term=.edafb124faf2" target="_blank" class="postlink">linkj

not proof, but they're not denying either.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Melania Trump, who did not wear the coat while touring the facility in Texas, was again wearing the jacket when she deplaned in Maryland, headed back to the White House. The choice seemed deliberate: It was 80 degrees and humid, and the coat had been a topic of controversy for hours.

www.washingtonpost.com... ?utm_term=.edafb124faf2" target="_blank" class="postlink">linkj

not proof, but they're not denying either.

yea....nooooooooooo

not the same at all

let's call it her northwest rain coat

perhaps she was not wanting to get wet when she got back?

you have logical abilities and clearly she did not wear it in a manner that disparages immigrants

she was definitely sending someone a message in the northwest

i say thank you mrs. first for getting some stuff done

thank you knoxie for the clarification

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

every article I've read says she was wearing it when getting off. I could swear I saw a photo, as well.

anyway, don't really care, poor judgement either way.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I'm with you
Poor judgement no matter what

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

anyway, don't really care, poor judgement either way.

It's poor judgement on your part, actually. She wasn't even close to any shelter nor border, nor was she in sight of any detained illegals at the time of wearing it.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Just my personal opinion is the jacket message is to Fonda and the other mentally insane liberals who threaten Melania and her children publicly on a daily basis.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: amazing

Now imagine Michelle Obama wearing a jacket like that and how outraged everyone on the right wing would be? Why the double standard? We should hold everyone to the same standard.

You had to imagine a double standard and then proceeded to call people out on it. Stupid. Get a clue.

I'm not imagining anything. That's not stupid that relevant. Get a clue. Are any conservatives on ATS calling her out on the jacket? no. Why? Because she's married to republican.

So...let me see if I understand...the absence of conservative criticism, proves that you are not imaging anything, because being married to a republican is prima facea? Do I have that right? Just trying to keep up here...

Sort of. Not playing whataboutism with you, but I think it's relevant to my reply.

If Michelle Obama would have worn that jacket she would have been shredded by Sean Hannity and his crowd and every conservative here on ATS. She would have been roasted.

And probably ignored and defended by everyone on MSNBC. I hate that we'er so partisan here in America and that we can't think or have an opinion that's outside of the party lines.

But we're talking about today and the present time, so let her have it and call her out. Everyone shouldn't be Offended and outraged but we should be saying "that was insensitive and uncalled for...think about what your wearing from now on. As first lady, what you say and do has far reaching implications and does matter."

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

where did I say she was?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

really poor judgement.

Bollocks.

Stop lying.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

This is news how?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Michelle literally said she had never been proud of America in her entire adult life and half the country didn't care. It wasn't some hidden message, no fashion statement that could mean anything, her exact words.

For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country and not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change.

And she said it twice that I know of.
edit on 22-6-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join