It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania Trump Wears Jacket With ‘I Really Don’t Care’ On It To Visit Immigrant Children

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
Ever think the mainstream media is bitter because they tried to destroy Trump and they just made him a martyr?

The media isn't trying to destroy Trump. Trump is just upset that the media isn't doing favorable reports on him and he gets so triggered by that that he calls them fake news.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Unless I hear from her I can't make any real decisions about the jacket. There is no way to tell what really happened there or if it was intentional or not. One thing is clear though, you can tell what some people want it to be by their comments.

It is possible she wore it on purpose. That begs the question, "Why?" If she did it on purpose she had to know she would catch flack for it. Unless that message was meant for the press, in which case I applaud her for wearing it. The press hasn't exactly been kind to her, especially recently. And it is also possible she never made the association of the message with the trip she was making or anything else. Sometimes a jacket is just a jacket...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Falsy calling Trump racist, mental deficient, and invoking the context of Nazi concentration camps is aimed to do what exactly?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Falsy calling Trump racist, mental deficient, and invoking the context of Nazi concentration camps is aimed to do what exactly?

To report?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Seems to be an equal over-reaction to me.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I don't care she wears a jacket like that. I figure she could have found something more suitable to wear to visit the kids. Out of her whole closet full of clothes that's the best she could do, how sad.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Its not a massive deal because I dont think she took it in with her. But you still gotta have someone saying "maybe dont wear that". That maybe a jacket like that isnt becoming of a First Lady of a country. I'd think that jacket would look immature on a teenage girl much less the FLOTUS.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
The media and it’s parrots are confused as to whom the cruel ones are, all while they laugh, condemn and assume malicious motives. If it is a middle-finger, it’s wholly justified.

The issue isn't giving the bird to the media, the issue is that it was bad timing.

Was it too inappropriate for you? There are perfectly good ways to learn to deal with what others choose to where.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The media and it’s parrots are confused as to whom the cruel ones are, all while they laugh, condemn and assume malicious motives. If it is a middle-finger, it’s wholly justified.

The issue isn't giving the bird to the media, the issue is that it was bad timing.

Was it too inappropriate for you? There are perfectly good ways to learn to deal with what others choose to where.

Ask those families and children, not me.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Very immature and childish.

Just like her husband.

Glass houses Annee.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

To report?

To push a false narrative.

www.openculture.com...

Alinsky Rukes for Radicals

12. “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.
13. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I was a little puzzled at first. It seemed out of character for her. But Melania is vary fashion conscious, and any item of clothing or jewelry that she wears has meaning.

I believe the Peter Fonda tweet about Barron Trump was a turning point for her.

I think she has tried very hard to take on the First Lady role. But most everything she does as FLOTUS gets some kind of criticism. Every action that she takes to support or propose positive projects or causes gets criticized because they tend to be in direct contrast to the actions of her husband.

For instance, Mrs. Trump has championed the anti-bullying cause. School bullying is often cited as a major contributing factor to school shootings. While I believe that other First Ladies' causes have been positive, Melania's commitment to an anti-bullying campaign could literally save lives. But rather than laud her noble efforts, public response is often portrayed as being mostly critical at the apparent hypocrisy, because her husband is widely viewed as being the most powerful bully in the world.

But when Peter Fonda suggested putting Barron Trump in a cage, Mama Bear stripped off the FLOTUS suit and this came out:

I think she's more than a little disgusted with the whole situation; and a lot discouraged. The message from her jacket: "To Hell with all of you. Just because my husband's an asshole, doesn't give you the right to mess with my kid!"

She'll put Mama Bear away and continue her efforts in supporting children's programs and anti-bullying. She's classy like that. But I think she had to get this off her chest.

-dex

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

So, why would the media make false allegations of mental deficiency and racism?

To “constructive alternative.” To make a person toxic to the point “Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy.”

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

You'll have to link me to articles on the false reports on Trump. If I remember correctly they reported on psychologists who think he's mentally unstable. So that isn't false report. That's just reporting on what they said, however wrong they are.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

So, why would the media make false allegations of mental deficiency and racism?

To “constructive alternative.” To make a person toxic to the point “Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy.”

Trump did say there are fine people on both sides.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Ask those families and children, not me.

You seem to have a rudimentary grasp of the English language.
What did the coat say?
Who saw what the coat said?

Did Mexican children?
Did the parents (law breakers) see what the coat said?

The answer is she did not wear it for the children.
She wore it for people like you.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

You seem to have grade level understanding of what is going on.

She wore it for people like you.

No she didn't. According to Trump, she did it for the media. And probably Peter Fonda.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Just like her husband.

Glass houses Annee.

Another excuse for the Trumps.

Getting really old and tiresome.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Just like her husband.

Glass houses Annee.

Another excuse for the Trumps.

Getting really old and tiresome.

Your partisan BS is really old and tiresome.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: Annee

If we're gonna what about what would your reaction be if Michelle did this and you were told the context was that it was aimed at Fox's vitriol? Would you defend or would you ridicule?

No need.

Michelle has class.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join