It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania Trump Wears Jacket With ‘I Really Don’t Care’ On It To Visit Immigrant Children

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Who said it was not intentional? I never commented on that.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Very immature and childish.

Just like her husband.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Just like her husband.

After reading up on it a bit, the whole situation seems...weird.

In the end it's just a jacket and I really don't care what she wears.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
There’s only a few options:

A) She gave no thought to the context, which would be colossally dumb, given the compassionate gesture she was attempting to make by going to the border at all.

B) She acquiesced to the Trump troll brigade that resides in the West Wing, knowing the outrage that would ensue.

C) She was giving a finger to the issue.

D) She was giving a finger to her husband.

E) She was, as Trump asserts, giving a finger to the media.

I’m going with A. She seems like a nice lady but fairly vapid.

Let’s be honest, none of the options are good and all detract from her gesture. Just another hoopty botch job out of this White House, like chunking paper towel rolls in Puerto Rico. Or volunteering in a softball Fox News interview that you want your people to sit up and pay attention like Kim’s. Unforced error.

#ureallyshouldcare
#icare

edit on 6/21/2018 by kosmicjack because: because I care and u should 2

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Annee

Just like her husband.

After reading up on it a bit, the whole situation seems...weird.

In the end it's just a jacket and I really don't care what she wears.

It matters - - because she is the First Lady.

How do you think this thread/conversation would have gone if that had been Michelle or even Hillary?

You don't even need to answer that.

She does NOT get a pass.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Where can I buy that jacket? I looked on Zara and it is not there

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It matters - - because she is the First Lady.

That is true. There is no doubt the timing and optics stink and the messages she sends are quite important.

How do you think this thread/conversation would have gone if that had been Michelle or even Hillary? You don't even need to answer that. She does NOT get a pass.

I completely agree.

Though, if we take Trump for his word, through his tweet, and this was about the media and nothing else, than I think we can chalk this up to another circus distraction attempt towards the media by Trump.

Or perhaps Trump pissed his wife off a bit an she got back at him by making a potentially negative headline.

Regardless, I'm not too concerned about this.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

If we're gonna what about what would your reaction be if Michelle did this and you were told the context was that it was aimed at Fox's vitriol? Would you defend or would you ridicule?
edit on 6/21/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: amazing

Only in your small mind. Not worth discussing.

small mind? LOL Wait. Why do I have a small mind? I need to know!

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

The issue is that it's bad timing, regardless of the context.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

I get that I thought it was odd myself, but I don't really care that much. Same situation of the opposite effect and i would assume some of the same people outraged would be defending was my point.

The context does matter however as people took it are taking it as a slight to the kids.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

It would also be odd if Michelle did it.

But I'll let Annee answer you.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I originally thought it said "I care.. do you?" Now.. it makes little sense. I don't get it. I don't think she was saying she doesn't care about the situation on the border.. personally I feel she does care about children being separated from their parents, no matter what the circumstances.

It was obviously not just a random fashion choice. I don't get the message, or for who it was intended. For people who keep spouting about "Pfft.. another nothing burger, no story.." that is an absolutely ridiculous take. There is something going on, and something inspired her to wear this jacket, and it had an intended audience. She is the spouse of the most powerful man in the country and perhaps the worlds.. so of course it matters.

Is she tired of Donald and all his crap? Or perhaps all the media crap around this presidency? Something else? Who knows. I'd like to know though.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

If we're gonna what about what would your reaction be if Michelle did this and you were told the context was that it was aimed at Fox's vitriol? Would you defend or would you ridicule?

This was basically a 1-finger salute, no matter who did it.

100% inappropriate for any First Lady or high level politician (such as Hillary).

edit on 21-6-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I disagree, people are people. There have been plenty one finger salutes to the American people and others under the guise of diplospeak, if you don't recognize it does it make it less distasteful? I'd rather people just be straight up, politician or not, of course there is severity of action to take in account.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The media and it’s parrots are confused as to whom the cruel ones are, all while they laugh, condemn and assume malicious motives. If it is a middle-finger, it’s wholly justified.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Not outraged, but how done deaf or out of touch with reality do you have to be to wear a jacket like that during a time/place like that. Not very smart. She's either really, really dumb or she's really callous and uncaring. And where were the aids/handlers. Those people should be fired.

Maybe she literally doesn’t care. Let the mainstream media eat cake I says.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
I did not read past the first two pages so likely others have expressed this possibility.
The only thing that makes sense to me is that she did not know that writing was on the back until she was on the plane. On the plane it became clear what was written on the back and she never wore it again.

The writing appears to not be symmetrical nor balance, almost as if it was put there as a prank. She is a high fashion maven and it is not likely that she would wear something that was so gosh while out in public..

Trump has said that it was a statement about the fake news, but he says that about everything.

My guess is that it was a prank by some one close enough to her entorage who had the oppurtunity to maybe spray some quick drying paint on the jacket. As she was leaving her abode her assistant brought the coat to her and she put it on without looking at it. No one else did either.

The conspiracy here is that there is some one close enough to her to have pulled this off. The coverup is by Trump himself attempting to cover up just how close his detractors are to his wife.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
The media and it’s parrots are confused as to whom the cruel ones are, all while they laugh, condemn and assume malicious motives. If it is a middle-finger, it’s wholly justified.

The issue isn't giving the bird to the media, the issue is that it was bad timing.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Ever think the mainstream media is bitter because they tried to destroy Trump and they just made him a martyr?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join