It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania Trump Wears Jacket With ‘I Really Don’t Care’ On It To Visit Immigrant Children

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
a reply to: TinySickTears

It certainly is very tone deaf. I just came from Fox News comment section on this and pretty much everyone agrees that it's stupid which is astounding to see.

Did you leave a comment?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It certainly is very tone deaf. I just came from Fox News comment section on this and pretty much everyone agrees that it's stupid which is astounding to see.

Did you leave a comment?

Naturally.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

However...I would not be a bit surprised if it were photoshopped.

I think if it were photoshopped her office's spokesperson wouldn't have defended it.

Is there proof a spokesperson said anything at all ?

🎃💥

Melania Trump's spokesperson told a reporter that the jacket, which the first lady did not wear to the actual detention facility, holds no "hidden message"
www.freep.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Dear Leader says the jacket was to send a message:

Donald J. Trump Verified account @realDonaldTrump

“I REALLY DON’T CARE, DO U?” written on the back of Melania’s jacket, refers to the Fake News Media. Melania has learned how dishonest they are, and she truly no longer cares!

5:51 PM - 21 Jun 2018

Well, to be fair "learned how dishonest they are, and she truly no longer cares" could explain a lot about the appearance of their relationship as well.

Be careful, certain folks on ATS believe that twitter is a laughable source of information (even though it's the best SOURCE as it comes from the horses proverbial mouth)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Poor Trump. He can't get the media to say anything positive about him so he gets triggered bigly and calls them fake news, even using his poor wife as a billboard.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: Sheye

Trump just declared on Twitter that Melania's jacket was referring to the "fake news media". She no longer cares what they think.

I saw that, and found it interesting. It appeared an hour or so after her spokesperson said there was no message, it was "just a jacket."

So...... who to believe? Her spokesperson, or Trump?

Bah. I think I might be the one who doesn't care. Do U?

lol. It was inappropriate for the occasion, though. No matter how you spin it.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

It would be worse if she didnt own one of those jackets and didnt go visit.

Its an ugly jacket.

edit on 6 21 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Did you leave a comment?

Naturally.

Excellent... how many of the other FOX News comments do you suppose were made by visiting liberals? I'll tell you a tiny secret, most Republican FOX News fans are older Americans. Younger, computer savvy conservatives don't follow it nearly as closely as most liberals of a similar age do. It's sort of akin to the interesting phenomenon of DrudgeReport linking some article from, say, Salon and when you open the comments section of that left leaning dump the latest 50 comments are all Conservatives ridiculing the ass out of the article.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Did you leave a comment?

Naturally.

Excellent... how many of the other FOX News comments do you suppose were made by visiting liberals? I'll tell you a tiny secret, most Republican FOX News fans are older Americans. Younger, computer savvy conservatives don't follow it nearly as closely as most liberals of a similar age do. It's sort of akin to the interesting phenomenon of DrudgeReport linking some article from, say, Salon and when you open the comments section of that left leaning dump the latest 50 comments are all Conservatives ridiculing the ass out of the article.

Perhaps but it's fun to trigger them all the same. I've had some great discussion/debate with a few people over there.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
11 pages on a jacket. Shouldn't be surprised when a 'tweet' gets double in here. I hope it was a message to he media...
f em....
edit on Junpm30pmf0000002018-06-21T17:43:22-05:000522 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Flashback to 2009 and a different First Lady:

Obama's Choice to Bare Arms Causes Uproar

She said the paper's Web site has received hundreds of online responses about Obama's outfit.

"Most of the complaints centered on the dress conveying a sense of informality on a serious occasion," Donahue said. "She's kind of faced some criticism for that in the past where people have said maybe [her clothing is] distracting from the central point, from what is going on."

(the occasion was the State of the Union)

or check out Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly with Beck comparing Michelle Obama to Marie Antoinette at 0:43:

Beck was upset with her because she wore a white blouse with black spots on it while visiting the area around an oil spill. He literally calls it an "outrage" 2-3 times. O'Reilly laughs it off but then mentions that earlier Laura Ingraham had implied that Michelle Obama's WH garden was a left-wing plot.

I don't know if this to send a message or this was just a really awkwardly bad coincidence or not. Personally I don't care, it's the least of the things I care about re the Trumps but I do find the whole thing ironic.

link   

Well, well, well, well. The beat goes on…

This, to say the least, is a very, very strange happening.

Now I’m talking about a mixed message of an incredible degree.

I think it’s a visible example of how conflicted this poor woman is.

The jacket likely is a compromise with Trump.

He likely was aghast at her going down there, and they probably argued over it.
He said to her, if she went you will give the media a huge edge to criticize me.

So she, cunningly, decided to wear the jacket and sidetrack the storyline about her going down there to diss Trump.

link   
The popularity of this thread demonstrates that Americans care more about FLUFF than actual issues.

That's why politicians, businesses, and the media, are so successful in taking advantage of us.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
11 pages on a jacket. Shouldn't be surprised when a 'tweet' gets double in here. I hope it was a message to he media...
f em....

I believe that's undeniable proof we all have way to much time on our hands and small underdeveloped brains. Notice I said "we".

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The popularity of this thread demonstrates that Americans care more about FLUFF than actual issues.

That's why politicians, businesses, and the media, are so successful in taking advantage of us.

Like the jacket said, we... don't... care. We are just making fun of it and Trump.
But hey perhaps you're right about them taking advantage of us by entertaining us.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yep. He didn't want her to go, and only much later gave his "approval" to her. Sad.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

the appearance of their relationship

...which is probably why The Don felt the urge to "save the day" on Twatter, holding high hopes that the cultists will rather swallow his fake-news over her slap into the face of white supremacy.

Fun-times! Where is my white powdered sugar pop-corn when I need some?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It's just a jacket and I doubt she wore it to her visit to the centers.

She's not an idiot.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Sometimes an image says it all.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

In tRamp America, everything is for SALE .How much did they paid for those texts..?? Never thought (in my wildest dreams) FLOTUS could/would do this stuff….

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join