It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania Trump Wears Jacket With ‘I Really Don’t Care’ On It To Visit Immigrant Children

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
Wife just brought up a VERY good question....

Why the *hell* is she wearing this jacket in this weather???

She was recently in the hospital for surgery and an extended stay. Most folks who have found themselves in that position often find what others would call "warm" to be cold.

Funny that, everyone is different where comfortable temps are concerned.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If she wore something expensive, it'd be a slap in the face of poor children. Either way the media automatically reports on what she's wearing. So sexist. She probably just doesn't want to be harassed...

#Melaniatoo #notaskingforit

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

No, she was probably the one who convinced Donald to stop separating kids. Her wearing this jacket certainly wasn’t a FU to the kids because she really does care. She just done goofed.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

My take away on that one is the president can wear a dang purple suit if he wants to, I don't critique style at all, and if he thinks he can pull it off then you do you. My other takeaway was the short video at the bottom about an olive colored suit, and yeah I think I need one of those, that was sharp looking.

Edit: Oh to comment on the actual topic, she didn't wear it off the plane, my guess says no malice intended. Chances are she grabbed something comfortable for the flight, I know I do the same when I know I'll have time to change before any meetings. Nice to see she has reasonably priced taste as well, because aside from the possible interpretation given the situation, she looked pretty good in it.
edit on 6/21/18 by Hypntick because: Added clarification

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm actually more upset that Dr. Who is going to be a woman than I am over Melania's jacket.

True story.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

but if youre not trying to say something why wear a jacket with big ass letters that says something?

Oh .. I think she’s definitely trying to say something but it’s not about the children... it’s about the manipulation and falseness of the media, and the opinions of haters.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Who?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'm actually more upset that Dr. Who is going to be a woman than I am over Melania's jacket.

True story.

Dont worry . Next time it will be a transgender unisex alien undocumented extraterrestrial asylum seeker.

edit on 21-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Around Hawaii a few years back there started showing up, bumper stickers, and hats, and decals which said "Ainokea."

Sounds like a Hawaiian word, right? It isn't. It's a play on the pidgin English phrase, "I no care". "I don't care."

Real clever.

Real nice sentiment.

Yes, especially when she backs it by action.
It certainly puts the sentiment in proper context.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think they need to fire the aide who handed her that jacket.
My theory - someone did this to her intentionally.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Trump just declared on Twitter that Melania's jacket was referring to the "fake news media". She no longer cares what they think.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I doubt that she really put much though into it. Rather selected it for how it looks/fashion statement

It does however, accurately summarizes the whole Trump motto (unless you are plying them with ass kissing and outright bribes)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Especially on a plane, I imagine her plane probably has better heating and cooling than the average commuter plane, but still it can get a tad cold at times.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

She could play Dr Who at this point, how's that?

I mean... they all seem to buy into her loving wife roleplay costume.

She's good. Very good.

edit on 21-6-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Agreed. It is funny how much things change in the short term though, right? Just a few years ago it was "sleeveless" Michelle Obama that caused so much outrage.

At this rate, the next first lady/first dude will have to wear a short made from human bones to even raise an eyebrow.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Dear Leader says the jacket was to send a message:

Donald J. Trump Verified account @realDonaldTrump

“I REALLY DON’T CARE, DO U?” written on the back of Melania’s jacket, refers to the Fake News Media. Melania has learned how dishonest they are, and she truly no longer cares!

5:51 PM - 21 Jun 2018

Well, to be fair "learned how dishonest they are, and she truly no longer cares" could explain a lot about the appearance of their relationship as well.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

It certainly is very tone deaf. I just came from Fox News comment section on this and pretty much everyone agrees that it's stupid which is astounding to see.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

She keeps stealing all of Michelle Obamas stuff - someone needs to reign her in.

LOL, anyway, she's hot and I would prefer to see her in a bikini but I don't get to choose, wet-whether gear would also look great on her.

But, here's the thing, and I am not pointing the following at you specifically, because I'm familiar with your posting history.

-attack Trump: check
-attack Trump Jr: Check
-attack Baron Trump: check
-attack Chloe Trump: check
-attack Ivanka Trump: check.
-attack anyone wearing a MAGA cap: check
-attack women who support Trump: check
-attack black folks that support Trump: check

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join