It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop singing about Death

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Rap Culture/Music promotes female degradation, illegal drug use, illiteracy and
the glorification of criminal activity.

So why do you listen to this music and support the Artist that sing this filth?

A lack of proper education has left many in abject ignorance that this genre
was foisted upon our inner cities by those who hate us.

Unfortunately the cycle of death of Rap Artist will continue until these children
wake up to the fact they were born for a higher calling.

The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall
be shortened. Proverbs 10:27

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq

Because I harbor deep and profound white guilt.

Or, I just like to hear about playas making it rain in the Champagne Room while sipping on the Kris.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

Because the "Media At Large" (the Big 6 ultra super mega conglomerates that own the "media" industries) has shaped and moulded and defined "Black Culture" via it.

That's right, the same "Media At Large" whom own 'all' the news channels, newspapers, magazines, Hollyweird, etc.

The ones who claim to be ALL ABOUT the minorities communities.

Go back to bed Amerika.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Sitting here listening to Robert Johnson and Johnny Cash wondering why it’s only rappers who get called out for singing about death..

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Sitting here listening to Robert Johnson and Johnny Cash wondering why it’s only rappers who get called out for singing about death..

Well, to be fair, Johnny was the Man in Black.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'm in a death metal band. No.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq
Rap Culture/Music promotes female degradation, illegal drug use, illiteracy and
the glorification of criminal activity. 

Dont leave out the frivolous spending obsessionism, the sorts that even most white folks out there would need a life of (successful) crime to be able to afford.

So the brothas chase that pipedream and more or less 'play at' criminality, get locked up, then get socialized into serious hardcore criminality etc, get out influence their slice of the community, while they all listening to the rap, more to chase the pipedream, and on and on the spiked 24" rim spins. Gotta keep them prison populations stoked. Gotta have crime waves to report. Gotta justify that War On Drugs. Gotta maintain a police state for all of that.

And even if they dont go crime wave wild, still, being conditioned to spend everything not on a house that maintains its value but disposable BS like "Rent A Rim" (actual Tampa business) makes sure a people cant self-sustain. We all get targeted with this same nonsense, but the Media At Large pays special attention to the Black Community in this regard. Then has the MSM tell everyone they love them.

Because sheep love insanity.

edit on 21-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Johnny Cash talked about gunning down the ops with an extended clip? He walked around with a glock hanging out of his waist band throwing up redneck gang signs? He talked about banging hoes and making a bag in the trap house?

Sorry, apples and oranges...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

He did sing about a boy named Sue which obviously promotes the transgender agenda.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Rap Culture/Music promotes female degradation, illegal drug use, illiteracy and the glorification of criminal activity.

A lot of rap does but not all of it.

You ever look up the history of the artists and lyrics of the music you like?
A lot of music is secretly messed up. The beatles sung about killing women

Yes a large portion of rap is terrible stuff talking about terrible things. But that can be said of punk rock and death metal.
I listen to all three types rap, death metal and punk and I don't kill cops or hurt women.

Music doesn't make people into who they are. But blaming bad behavior on music is an easy way to judge people.
edit on 21-6-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Johnny Cash talked about gunning down the ops with an extended clip? He walked around with a glock hanging out of his waist band throwing up redneck gang signs? He talked about banging hoes and making a bag in the trap house?

Pretty close. Folsom Prison Blues, Cocaine Blues, Delia's Gone, Don't Take Your Guns to Town, Ballad of Annie Palmer, etc.

Does it count if he’s talking about killing people with a regular gun? And being high on coc aine while he’s doing it?

ETA: And while we’re at it Hank Williams carried a loaded pistol around with him everywhere he went, which sat visible in his guitar case while he was playing.
edit on 21-6-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I'm more focused on the stuff the "Radio Music / MTV Model" shoves down everyones throats. They're the "gatekeepers", the "Chief of Staff", that selects and pounds stuff into our heads (especially the youth whom live by "Radio Music" / "MTV Music" / "BET Music" [all one in the same especially thanks to the 1996 Telecommunications Act]).

Note I'm a Pantera / Biohazard / Rage Against the Machine etc type mofo, as hardcore badass STRONG music + lyrics as there ever was between them three, and then I hear stuff like these (played every day in every city multiple times on the Radio):

[some quick examples off the top of my head, actually LISTEN to what they saying]

And its not even STRONG music, its just effing propaganda.

And before anyone even tries it... THE BEST MUSIC OUT THERE IS NOT ALL WHATS ON THE RADIO.

edit on 21-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Pretty close. Folsom Prison Blues, Cocaine Blues, Delia's Gone, Don't Take Your Guns to Town, Ballad of Annie Palmer, etc.

Does it count if he’s talking about killing people with a regular gun? And being high on coc aine while he’s doing it?

Subtlety singing about controversial topics is not the same thing as the blunt force trauma lyrics of many hip hop artists these days.

Look, I am huge hip hop fan... from the beginning as I was born in early 70s. However, I can no longer defend much of the cooning and buffooning that is passing for hip hop these days. I see the damage it is doing to the community and young minds.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Google 'Death Metal' - a very popular metal-genre. Mostly white bands. Its music, its fun, take it easy.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You can't fix a gun problem, if you don't create one to fix first.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I love pantara and rage.

That papa roach song is pretty old are you sure it plays on the radio still?

Also I don't think kids these days are getting there main music fix from radio.
More like streaming services like padora and spotify.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Subtlety singing about controversial topics is not the same thing as the blunt force trauma lyrics of many hip hop artists these days.

I agree the lyrics can be blunt but remember that when this song was sung it to was very blunt.

You'd better run for your life if you can, little girl Hide your head in the sand, little girl Catch you with another man That's the end, little girl Well, you know that I'm a wicked guy And I was born with a jealous mind And I can't spend my whole life tryin' Just to make you toe the line

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I can no longer defend much of the cooning and buffooning that is passing for hip hop these days

Hip hop is still hip hop the music you and the op are referring to is not classified as hip hop.
At least it shouldn't be.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Look, I am huge hip hop fan... from the beginning as I was born in early 70s. However, I can no longer defend much of the cooning and buffooning that is passing for hip hop these days. I see the damage it is doing to the community and young minds.

Johnny cash singing “I took a shot of coc aine and I shot my woman down” isn’t really that subtle.

Is the damage to the community because of music or is the music a product of a damaged community?

I don’t like the word “cooning” because of its racist connotations but it would seem to me that dancing around with a smile on your face singing happy songs while the community around you is burning would be a bigger example of that then talking about real things that surround you every day.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I dont even play the radio, and I'm sure. Actually lately I've been sacnning thru the stations TRYING to check in on it (sometimes I go several consecutive years without hearing the radio for even 10 minutes total)...

Some alright old stuff, tons of garbage old stuff, and then all this new music now I swear no matter what station I put on ALL the songs with music (note not all music is a song, unless you're playing the radio)... it all sounds the same to me these days. Maybe I'm getting old, or maybe its the "Autotunes" they all use now, or a more specific formula is at play across the songs they green light... I dunno I dont stay in any of that scene long enough to pinpoint it but GD the Corporate Music Model is just a garbage machine.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join