It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it mean when you dream of someone who doesn't exist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Last night I had a strange dream about a woman I've never met and as far as I know doesn't exist.

I saw her face clearly, she was Hispanic but light-skinned and spoke with a slight accent. Her hair was brown but with an obvious blonde streak in front.

She doesn't resemble anyone I've ever known, other than to say she has facial features that a lot of Hispanic women might have.

I heard her name distinctly: "Marie"--not "Maria" as you might expect from someone with a Spanish background.

In the dream we had just met, but there was a definite chemistry between us. We kissed in the dream and I was sad that I told her I had to go.

The dream moved on to other unrelated subjects that clearly do not exist in reality, like my getting a half day off from work from a place I don't even work.

I woke clearly remembering everything about this lady, and wondering, "Why would my mind have me dream about someone who doesn't exist in reality?"

In real life I have a girlfriend I really like who doesn't even resemble the woman in the dream.

What say you? Just a dream or something more? I welcome any perspective: psychic, psychological, religious--post it if you have an opinion.
edit on 21-6-2018 by DrogoTheNorman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DrogoTheNorman

Are you honestly telling me you've never had a dream before that contained somebody you didn't know?

Almost all my dreams include nobody i know, in fact i find it odd when my dreams do contain people i know (are aware of)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Maybe you're looking for knowledge or advise about something. Knowledge is ussually personified as a woman.

When I meditate to gain some insight about an issue, I'm always guided by a woman.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

For me I think it means if you meet someone in your dreams who you've never seen before, they are someone you will meet in the future. Either that or it's like the Matrix, you meet and do things in your dreams and that's it.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

In my dreaming life...things tend to be a lot more flexible or maybe plastic, than in normal waking reality. But, there is continuity there and I know many people who have no waking life counterpart. Others on this side, I never see in dreaming. I believe both sides of the veil, are equally "real" but have slightly different physics, and different developmental purposes for us.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I have dreams of people I have never met or exist? all the time, but for me they are just my psyche exploring itself. You kissed Marie then left her - loyalty to your girlfriend defined?

You got a half day off from work from a place you never worked - stingy place to work, I must say.
edit on 16CDT09America/Chicago03090930 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Past life intruding on present day form. Perhaps she was your lover or perhaps she was you in a past life.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You are describing most of my dreams, they contain detailed People and lives and places I have never been. They leave a lingering feeling either good or bad depending on the place or People. If I saw these People again in life I would recognize them many times and the places too.
I would not rule out past lives as some part of dreams like these. Who knows the whole picture is not ours as of yet.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Lol!! When they were dishing out the dreams .... you were obviously given

the wrong one?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

its a succubus introducing herself.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Gonna go out on a limb here and say.....your lonely. IMHO...dreams are the brains way of hashing out the days input. Stores what is needed, the rest not so much (dreams). Read what Edgar Cayce thought what happens when we dream.....it'll make you wonder. Did for me anyways.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It means you have an imagination. Congratulations!

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

A dream is Your "instructions" . My dreams allow Me to look further down the 'time spiral' and avoid anything that may mess w/My Chi/bunk My high. Do You do any Meditation? Are You familiar with the "Law of Attraction"?
Are You content w/Your relationship w/Your current g-friend? Are You someOne who looks outside of their own Self for satisfaction?

I'd also recommend keeping a journal of dreams that You are able to remember.

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I'll give you a couple angles based on an extremely vivid dream I had when I was younger (Can't remember if I posted it here or on my old haunts at Astral Society).

The short of the dream was this: I met a girl in said dream that was familiar and yet unfamiliar at the same time: I didn't "know" her personally, but the feeling I got was almost as if she were family or an extremely close friend (I was semi-lucid, so my recall is clear for most of this). I also got a bit of a melancholic vibe off of her (it was as if I knew she was dead, or not here).

She was the epitome of beauty itself, and still technically is. What I found curious is that how she acted in the dream, almost seemed to indicate she knew I was dreaming. We talked for a while, and I asked for her number: She gave it to me, which I wrote on a piece of paper. She also gave me her name Kaleigha (and put extra emphasis on how to say it, as if she thought I would forget upon waking; Kah-leeh-ah). When I woke up, the number I forgot, but I was repeating the name upon awakening. I felt only what I can describe as "God's Love" at that point; Never felt it since then.

My first perspective at the time was that this was my "true" soulmate: The one we're all supposed to meet at some point in our lives, or the lover we go back to when our time here is up. It made sense, because while I have had numerous girlfriends over the last 12 or so years, none ever came close to matching the love I felt that day. It actually became depressing for a bit. Which brings me to what I kind of believe now,

Looking back, although I wish I could remember the phone number I got in the dream (just to see who may have owned the number), I think more that she represented at the time that I didn't know what I was looking for. I say this because while her name is embedded in my thoughts, and I can picture the scene like it was yesterday,,,Her image is a blank canvas. Almost as if to say "Anyone can fill this space, you just have to find them!"

It also may reflect my attitude at the time - I was a teen, and we all know most stereotypical guys want the hottest girl in the class (positive karma to those that didn't!). Now, I think her image is blank because I'm happy to say I've outgrown that mentality.

My only bit of advice: Don't wait forever to meet this person; but if it happens, then it was meant to happen!
-foss

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Okay, so it's been a couple days. I guess I can let you in on what I think it is.

I started taking Pine Pollen as a dietary supplement, and I think it simply produces dreams like this.

I could be wrong, but I've had other "out of the ordinary" dreams.

But keep the replies coming. Some very interesting theories to be sure.

top topics

join