It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media accidentally admits Trump was right about 1997 law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: face23785

He has been right about everything. The left has lost all credibility. Its like they just close their eyes and hold their breath like spoiled little brats.

Like?

He was right about this.

He was right about wirtaps

he was right about spying on his campaign.

He was right about that place being a S%$%Hole .

There were bad actors on both sides he was right about that too.

He was right about this being a witchhunt.

He was right about kapernick. see the new rule.

he was right about MS 13 being a bunch of animals.

I could go on and on and on

edit on 21-6-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The left just wants to yell Trump
They don't want to fix anything
They want to run the primaries on what needs fixing
To bad, Trump is fixing it now.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

He has been right about everything. The left has lost all credibility. Its like they just close their eyes and hold their breath like spoiled little brats.

Like?

He was right about this.

He was right about wirtaps

he was right about spying on his campaign.

He was right about that place being a S%$%Hole .

There were bad actors on both sides he was right about that too.

He was right about this being a witchhunt.

He was right about kapernick. see the new rule.

he was right about MS 13 being a bunch of animals.

I could go on and on and on

I think his question was more along the lines of "what do you mean they're acting 'like' spoiled brats"? They are spoiled brats.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I amended my comment to make my point better...Face23785 was correct in their interpretation, but I wasn't very clear in how I worded it.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: howtonhawky

***For those with short attention spans, just skip down to the excerpts for the short version.***

So during this whole manufactured crisis about immigrant children that most Democrats and media didn't care about up until a few weeks ago when they needed an issue to campaign/fundraise on for the midterms, one of the big sticking points was Trump's claim that Congress had to fix this problem because of a 1997 law (it was actually a court order, interpreting the law he's talking about) that required children to be separated from their parents. (The law doesn't specifically say you have to separate parents from their children. However, this is a red herring. Every possible consequence of being prosecuted doesn't have to be spelled out in the law. People are separated from their children when they're arrested, people lose their jobs, people lose their possessions; the law doesn't say all of these things can happen, but it's a natural consequence of being prosecuted. This point is just made to distract people who lack critical thinking skills. The court order stated you can't detain children longer than 20 days, and it takes more than 20 days to prosecute many of these people, so by default you have to separate the parents from their children while they're being prosecuted, so yes the law does require this even if it doesn't explicitly say so). This law and the subsequent court order is what led to Presidents Clinton, Bush and Obama all having done this evil, Nazi thing that President Trump is being blasted over today. The media and many Democrats have been claiming that Trump is lying, that he could fix it with an Executive Order.

Now, just a little background on how our laws and policies work. This is a point of big-time confusion for a lot of people because they're used to 8 years of Obama where he just pencil-whipped his way around laws with Executive Orders. That's actually not legal. The President can't just make any policy he wants with an Executive Order. Laws are written by Congress, and they're written in generalized language. Then the President makes policy, which is more specific, but the policies must still comply with the law. If they don't, they can be challenged in court.

(This is another reason why you know Trump was in the right in the first place, because the Democrats have been filing frivolous lawsuits against many of his policies as a matter of course, so if this policy of separating the children wasn't in compliance with the law, they would've sued to stop it. They didn't.)

So, Trump called their bluff. He signed an EO yesterday to keep the families together while the parents are being prosecuted. This Executive Order is actually illegal, and New York Times, Washington Post and a few other outlets accidentally reported that yesterday.

But ending the practice of separating families still faces legal and practical obstacles. A federal judge could refuse to give the Trump administration the authority it wants to hold families in custody for more than 20 days, which is the current limit because of a 1997 court order.

NY Times

The plan would keep families together in federal custody while awaiting prosecution for illegal border crossings, potentially violating a 1997 court settlement limiting the duration of child detentions.

WaPo

Of course, I doubt they meant to acknowledge Trump was right all along. They likely just copied and pasted most of this from an AP report without really proof-reading or editing much of it, like they usually do, since the media are awful. It will be interesting to see how they try to spin this from this point on. Will the Democrats file a lawsuit against Trump's illegal Executive Order, which will force him to revert to the prior policy of separating the children while the parents are prosecuted? The only other option is to just not prosecute them, which we all know is what the Democrats want. Open borders and no consequences for illegal immigration. Time will tell. In the meantime, the media and the Democrats have been exposed as liars, again. Congress needs to fix this, as Trump said. They've needed to fix it for decades.

srry yo wallotext is too much

care to dumb it down for me as i am a bit slow sometimes

It literally tells you how to do that in the first sentence.

Why are you even here if you can't be bothered to read one sentence?

so you can't dumb it down?

i read it and do not get your main point

would you rather me get on my hands and knees and beg you to make sense?

No. It's already written on like an 8th-grade level. Just go to another thread I guess. There's plenty of "Trump is bad!!!" threads you can participate in. I suspect you don't really want to understand the point I was making anyway.

yo bs makes no sense and does not even have a point and you know it or else you would share it in a coherent manner

epic ignorance hiding stupidity

i asked nice and you deflected

way to go

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

So your answer is just release them don't hold them just let them go in the US. Get out of here with that retarded s***

Jaden

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I amended my comment to make my point better...Face23785 was correct in their interpretation, but I wasn't very clear in how I worded it.

Ah Sry for the confusion.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Its ok if people don't like Trump. Really. But in the best interests of the nation they should give him a chance. Even when he openly does the right thing he gets attacked and blamed for things he didn't do. He gets criticized even when he is right. Just give the man a chance to do his job. The desire to hurt Trump and the people who voted for him has really gotten the better of far too many people in this country. And as usual, they blame Trump for their divisiveness.

The laws were clear enough but it took court orders to enforce them. Fine. He was still right.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

***For those with short attention spans, just skip down to the excerpts for the short version.***

So during this whole manufactured crisis about immigrant children that most Democrats and media didn't care about up until a few weeks ago when they needed an issue to campaign/fundraise on for the midterms, one of the big sticking points was Trump's claim that Congress had to fix this problem because of a 1997 law (it was actually a court order, interpreting the law he's talking about) that required children to be separated from their parents. (The law doesn't specifically say you have to separate parents from their children. However, this is a red herring. Every possible consequence of being prosecuted doesn't have to be spelled out in the law. People are separated from their children when they're arrested, people lose their jobs, people lose their possessions; the law doesn't say all of these things can happen, but it's a natural consequence of being prosecuted. This point is just made to distract people who lack critical thinking skills. The court order stated you can't detain children longer than 20 days, and it takes more than 20 days to prosecute many of these people, so by default you have to separate the parents from their children while they're being prosecuted, so yes the law does require this even if it doesn't explicitly say so). This law and the subsequent court order is what led to Presidents Clinton, Bush and Obama all having done this evil, Nazi thing that President Trump is being blasted over today. The media and many Democrats have been claiming that Trump is lying, that he could fix it with an Executive Order.

Now, just a little background on how our laws and policies work. This is a point of big-time confusion for a lot of people because they're used to 8 years of Obama where he just pencil-whipped his way around laws with Executive Orders. That's actually not legal. The President can't just make any policy he wants with an Executive Order. Laws are written by Congress, and they're written in generalized language. Then the President makes policy, which is more specific, but the policies must still comply with the law. If they don't, they can be challenged in court.

(This is another reason why you know Trump was in the right in the first place, because the Democrats have been filing frivolous lawsuits against many of his policies as a matter of course, so if this policy of separating the children wasn't in compliance with the law, they would've sued to stop it. They didn't.)

So, Trump called their bluff. He signed an EO yesterday to keep the families together while the parents are being prosecuted. This Executive Order is actually illegal, and New York Times, Washington Post and a few other outlets accidentally reported that yesterday.

But ending the practice of separating families still faces legal and practical obstacles. A federal judge could refuse to give the Trump administration the authority it wants to hold families in custody for more than 20 days, which is the current limit because of a 1997 court order.

NY Times

The plan would keep families together in federal custody while awaiting prosecution for illegal border crossings, potentially violating a 1997 court settlement limiting the duration of child detentions.

WaPo

Of course, I doubt they meant to acknowledge Trump was right all along. They likely just copied and pasted most of this from an AP report without really proof-reading or editing much of it, like they usually do, since the media are awful. It will be interesting to see how they try to spin this from this point on. Will the Democrats file a lawsuit against Trump's illegal Executive Order, which will force him to revert to the prior policy of separating the children while the parents are prosecuted? The only other option is to just not prosecute them, which we all know is what the Democrats want. Open borders and no consequences for illegal immigration. Time will tell. In the meantime, the media and the Democrats have been exposed as liars, again. Congress needs to fix this, as Trump said. They've needed to fix it for decades.

srry yo wallotext is too much

care to dumb it down for me as i am a bit slow sometimes

It literally tells you how to do that in the first sentence.

Why are you even here if you can't be bothered to read one sentence?

so you can't dumb it down?

i read it and do not get your main point

would you rather me get on my hands and knees and beg you to make sense?

No. It's already written on like an 8th-grade level. Just go to another thread I guess. There's plenty of "Trump is bad!!!" threads you can participate in. I suspect you don't really want to understand the point I was making anyway.

yo bs makes no sense and does not even have a point and you know it or else you would share it in a coherent manner

epic ignorance hiding stupidity

i asked nice and you deflected

way to go

There's some professional-grade projecting going on in this post^.

No one else seems to be having a problem understanding the OP. Maybe the problem is on your end, bud. Just maybe.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Trump played the media like a piano

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Its ok if people don't like Trump. Really. But in the best interests of the nation they should give him a chance. Even when he openly does the right thing he gets attacked and blamed for things he didn't do. He gets criticized even when he is right. Just give the man a chance to do his job. The desire to hurt Trump and the people who voted for him has really gotten the better of far too many people in this country. And as usual, they blame Trump for their divisiveness.

The laws were clear enough but it took court orders to enforce them. Fine. He was still right.

Ironically, this was Putin's main goal with his election interference campaign was to cause this kind of division. The more they double down on 'resist Trump at all costs', the more they play into Putin's hands. Some of these people are so sick they would rather see war with North Korea than see Trump succeed.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

yea you know your op is false

if it were not you would clearly state your point

however it is a free country and if you need space to inflate your ego i will not stand in your way.

trump was indeed wrong and he could have signed an xo that would not have been challenged but instead he tried to be slick and gain power to hold people forever if he chooses.

i am just guessing here but you probably are trying to say the xo is illegal but truth is it will be trimmed into legality soon enough and in the end it will just say we can not separate families unless there are other crimes involved other than crossing for asylum if no ports of entry are open or accepting claims at the current time.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

yea you know your op is false

if it were not you would clearly state your point

however it is a free country and if you need space to inflate your ego i will not stand in your way.

trump was indeed wrong and he could have signed an xo that would not have been challenged but instead he tried to be slick and gain power to hold people forever if he chooses.

i am just guessing here but you probably are trying to say the xo is illegal but truth is it will be trimmed into legality soon enough and in the end it will just say we can not separate families unless there are other crimes involved other than crossing for asylum if no ports of entry are open or accepting claims at the current time.

I did clearly state my point. The fact that you can't understand it is on you. No one else is having trouble. Maybe try reading it really, really slowly. You've been misinformed. The OP contains truth. It's up to you to read it and understand it or force yourself to remain ignorant on this topic. It is indeed a free country, and that's your choice. However, just remember the misinformed and ignorant create barriers to having real conversations that can lead to a real solution. If you want to double down on being part of the problem, go for it. That doesn't exactly illustrate that you really care about getting these kids taken care of.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

nope your op is trash bin worthy

you have no valid point other than fluffing your own ego

you care not for spreading knowledge

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
funny thing is that not even the responses shed light on the ops point

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

No matter how many times you say that, it doesn't make it true. The OP has a clear point, with supporting links. You're in denial because you were sold a false narrative and now you can't let it go. You think you're too smart to have been tricked the way you were. The media accidentally outed themselves and it's plain for anyone with an objective eye to see. They tricked you. It happens. But I can see you're a devout believer in the DNC talking points, so there's no point in replying to you further. Enjoy your blissful ignorance.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

3 years ago only a handful of familes were separated from their families under suspicious circumstances such as fraud and drug trafficking. Under the trump administration 2342 children have been separated in the last 6 months. The trump administration is not releasing the circumstances under which these kids were separated. Some kids are being detained 1000s of miles from the border, at what cost and how could it possibly be cost effective or efficient?

www.factcheck.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

no your op is not clear at all and you are a big meanie

lol

the media admitted no such thing as you claim but your desire to see things in a certain light has you going on bout falsehoods

trump was wrong several times he stated reasons for being a big meanie like you

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

No matter how many times you say that, it doesn't make it true. The OP has a clear point, with supporting links. You're in denial because you were sold a false narrative and now you can't let it go. You think you're too smart to have been tricked the way you were. The media accidentally outed themselves and it's plain for anyone with an objective eye to see. They tricked you. It happens. But I can see you're a devout believer in the DNC talking points, so there's no point in replying to you further. Enjoy your blissful ignorance.

^^^THIS ^^^

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

It sounds like you or your source is cherry picking information. There were far more than a handful of families that were separated prior to this. The difference is the end of the obama catch and release program in favor of a zero tolerance policy on illegal immigration.

Back in 1997 with clinton signing IIRAIRA in to law and the subsequent court orders enforcing that law children were separated from their parents after being in detention 20 days. The democrats said it was not right to keep children in detention that long. At that point there were two choices. Either send the children to a foster sponsor, usually a family member, or, let the parents go too. What good is trying to enforce immigration if you are just going to further the catch and release program? Less than 20% of the people released actually show up for their appointed hearings. The law demands that people who pose a flight risk should be detained until their hearing, which takes more than 20 days. So the children were released from detention and sent to a sponsor family instead. Now the democrats are demanding the children stay in detention with the parents. The only reason for the change is that this time around its a republican putting the children with sponsors instead of a democrat. That is the only thing that has changed throughout all of this.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join