It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrant Children Drugged Without Consent At Government Centers, Court Documents Show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

However, your buddy in the White House changed the rules in April and that has resulted in the massive uptick in KIDS BEING SEPARATED FROM THEIR PARENTS.
a reply to: Gryphon66

he didnt change the rule. he just said we are going to stick by the existing rule 100% (no tolerance) that means if you break the law by illegally crossing you go to jail.... kids can't go to adult jail...

the EO changed the law.

You are sadly mistaken.

If you're interested in the truth, please Google "Jeff Sessions Letter Zero Tolerance April 2018."

Educate yourself; it's exhilarating.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

So, getting beyond all the "but Obama" stuff ... it's okay with you if children are dosed with psychotropic drugs while under the care [sic] of the United States?

YES. it happens in the school system, the foster care system, the prison system, the juvenile detention system, and literally every other place in America. what reality do you live in where when you are in the care of the U.S. government their ISN'T a high chance you will be put on psychotropic drugs? CPS will take you kid and put them on adderal so fast it'll make you head spin.

can you aswer me this: why are you ok with them getting special preferential treatment? while American citizen are subject to the exact same thing you are outraged about?

Why am I okay with who getting "special preferential treatment"? The kids being kept in cages?

On the tangent you so desperately want to go on here ... for the record I am wide open on greater government services for our nation's children that need it. CHIP and similar programs are vital.

Oh, wait ... your Republican buddies are trying to get rid of those too. Womp. Womp.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Maybe your confused... the "letter" (did know laws were changed via letter) requiring 100% enforcement of the policy, without exceptions.

the policy didn't change

"US Attorneys under both Republican and Democratic administrations have for decades been given discretion to determine how and when to charge misdemeanor illegal entry cases to address the needs of their districts,"

and this presidents discretion was 100% enforcement. all adults get a misdemeanor, and are jailed for 20 days.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Thanks for the kind words. I'm such a child advocate that if I could I would foster families but unfortunately my health and circumstances do not allow that.

Americans fostering families that have passed all our stringent immigration policies might speed things up but I am aware of the seriousness of allowing undesirables into our country-just look at Germany and Sweden.

But, as always, I do bleed for the children. I wish Americans could accept different cultures and aid more personally in this issue. But my heart says no. We arn't ready. The divsiveness of culture in our own country is practically a war now.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Absolutely. Here's a tangential point to your comments. We CAN have strong borders and we CAN catch and incarcerate the criminals that certainly DO TRY to infiltate our borders ... and many of us are totally in favor of that.

We do not have to imprision children split away from their parents to do it. We do not have to keep them in cages and feed them drugs. Again, bravo.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Now another nightmare for the "kids in cages"....

The government can't locate the parents to reunite with their kids.

This is Trumps cluster**** and he needs to own it.

edit on 21-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

so what if they need Ritalin ,is there a Doctor ? yes/no , are autistic , have down-syndrome or are sexually abused . Where are the medical records ? Do they even have them. How to change diapers if touching leads to a lawsuit... so many questions. MSM makes it all so simple lying by omission like they always do . the 'parents' should have applied asylum in one of the USA embassy's of Mexico. And not undertaking a dangerous journey like this with 'their' children right ? Children are sold in USA wonder where they come from ?

So If I bang my head against Trumps wall it's his fault ? Well I need PR , MSM and than it's actually Trumps fault.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

We must farm the next round of mindless subjects from somewhere.

I'm only saying that in half jest.

Seriously, though, over-medication by "The State" is a serious problem everywhere when it comes to children in their custody. I have some friends who fostered children for years and even adopted two of them. I sh*t you not--every single child that came into their care was heavily medicated with multiple drugs. Yes, some were necessary, but some caused more problems than they fixed, and they have no control over said medicating of children--if you are willing to try and give these children a loving temporary home, you must medicate them as the state sees fit.

It's sad--I could tell exactly when some of the kids would have taken their meds because they would basically become little zombies. It's a terrible thing to witness.

But again, I'd bet some of the medication is necessary, but I'd also bet that most of it is not.

And yes, once they adopted the two brothers, they ceased all medications and the boys are turning out great--one even just set a state and national record for pole vaulting.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I can't help but notice that some of the same people up in arms over this strongly supported mandatory vaccines when "their side" controlled the government.

I hope thinking people will learn a lesson from this. Next time you want to support a law or policy that "your side" proposes, just imagine those laws or policies in the hands of the "other side." You may have faith that your guys won't abuse the law or policy, but do you have the same faith that abuses won't occur when the other guys have control?

Remember, at some point, those other guys will have control.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I've read the letter--in fact, I have it in my favorites bar in my browser.

You are wrong in claiming that the letter "changed the rules," it simply told prosecutors to prosecute people breaking the law, and to let the DOJ know if they needed additional resources to do so.

And to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law possible.

This is literally the only paragraph of the five with any directive, so I'll quote it:

Accordingly, I direct each United States Attorney's Office along the Southwest Border--to the extent practicable, and in consultation with DHS--to adopt immediately a zero-tolerance policy for all offenses referred for prosecution under section 1325(a). This zero-tolerance policy shall supersede any existing policies. If adopting such a policy requires additional resources, each office shall identify and request such additional resources.

So, yeah, education is exhilarating, isn't it? The rule of law has always been a thing, as well as enforcement. Just because some presidents have chosen to prioritize one law over another during their presidency doesn't mean that, when one's AG decides to start enforcing laws and prosecuting criminals again, that such a directive "changed the rules."

Stop lying.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Yes because it is the children's fault, they are actors, this is fake news

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This is terrible.

That our nation loves drugging American kids is just as terrible.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

Yes because it is the children's fault, they are actors, this is fake news

Prove it.

If not, your post is just acting as an Ann Coulter wannabe.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I'm not wrong that the letter from Session changed the policies in place. It patently did, if not, why did he write it?

You cited the specifc portion that changed the existing practices, and indeed, it is the "zero-tolerance" policy change that has created the situation we're discussing, to wit, kids being unnecessarily separated from their families.

The policy before hand, for the great number of cases, allows for the several levels of sentencing invoked by 8 USC 1325 to be pursued.

You and others are implying that there is only one way to enforce 8 USC 1325 which is false.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Oh, that was sarcasm...

should have added an emoji face

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Womp.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I'm not implying anything, you are using poor deductive reasoning to apply that conclusion to me.

I know that there are multiple levels of charging 1325(a), and differing reasons to do so.

As I stated once already and will not repeat, the Zero-Tolerance Memo does not address how to charge or why to do it, it just directs "all offenses referred for prosecution under section 1325(a)" to be tried in court. Hell, even Sessions' memo from April 2017 cites the different reasons to charge someone under misdemeanor or felony--no one is saying that they are to all be felony charges now.

I'm done 'splaining things to people like you who just regurgitate things because they heard it on the media or in a meme and take it as fact.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Lol ... Yeah I'm familiar with the "I'm not going to argue with you" tactic.

And that's fine trust me...

It doesn't require deductive reasoning to understand that Sessions changed the enforcement policy in April.

In fact you guys are arguing that Trump finally "got tough" by changing the policy of enforcement from "catch and release."

If the practice weren't changing there would have been no need for Sessions letter, eh?

/shrug
edit on 21-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If true I hope they sue.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

The memo officially REMOVED a policy of non-compliance with the law put in place by Obama--now we're back to enforcing the actual immigration laws.

Sure, if you want to call that a policy change, that's fine, but in reality, we went back to the rule of law, from which we never should have deviated in the first place.

Potato, Po-tah-to, I suppose.

In any event, best regards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join