It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACLU & CNN acknowledge massive child immigrant abuse 2009-2014

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

The report is based on over 30,000 pages of documents dated between 2009 and 2014. The documents were obtained by the ACLU Foundation of San Diego & Imperial Counties and the ACLU Foundation of Arizona through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit co-counseled with Cooley LLP. The documents feature numerous cases of shocking violence and abuse against migrant children, many of whom arrived in the United States fleeing violence in their home countries.

“The students reviewing these records were shocked by the abuse and neglect these children were subjected to at the hands of U.S. officials. The fact that these children were already so vulnerable — most travelling alone in hopes of escaping violence and poverty in their home countries — made the unlawful and inhumane actions reflected in the documents even more distressing,” said Claudia Flores, faculty director of the International Human Rights Clinic at the University of Chicago Law School.

ACLU.org
Jake Tapper - twitter

Shocking ACLU article detailing massive abuse of immigrant children whilst in US custody during the period 2009 - 2014. I have decided that in this instance, CNN has not posted fake news - chalk 1 up to Tapper for keeping it marginally real.

Its important that such facts are bought to light as a stark reminder of the dark days of 2008-2016. IMO, during this period, the US was lead by a well-under-qualified Commander-in-Chief whose ability to protect immigrant children, according to the details of the ACLU, was a fail - *because all responsibility ultimately lies with the Commander-in-Chief where such scenarios exist.

*Precedent

At least trump has stepped up to the plate to fix this trainwreck.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
And you don't think this is still going on? This is a systemic problem we see in any environment where adults are tasked with "guarding" children.

As we speak there's an ongoing lawsuit that details how these ORR facilities are forcibly medicating children with strong antipsychotics without parental consent. I know the Nazi line gets overused here but that IS some literal Nazi # right there.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Absolutely agree.

Finally we have an administration in office that is working to fix all these civil and human rights violations perpetrated by the previous regime.

Hopefully these abuses are investigated and those in charge are brought to justice.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

It took him 4 years to post that? All of this outrage is completely manufactured.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
And you don't think this is still going on? This is a systemic problem we see in any environment where adults are tasked with "guarding" children.

As we speak there's an ongoing lawsuit that details how these ORR facilities are forcibly medicating children with strong antipsychotics without parental consent. I know the Nazi line gets overused here but that IS some literal Nazi # right there.

Kids that are orphaned or taken from their parents in Australia get drugged, sometime if their behaviours are bad enough the new drug so heavily to knock them out, kids that are legal citizens are treated badly can only imagine how horrific it must be for these migrant kids.....

The ones that survive it will be scarred for life....

edit on 21-6-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
LOL, a day late and a dollar short. (it was posted here yesterday)
But I doubt the same outrage will be present. I mean, it's for the kids, but, they aren't all that important anymore.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Do you think Trump will fix this mess or allow it to continue for another 6 years? I'm genuinely curious to see how much of a chance you're gonna give him to set things right.

Did you hear him in the past 24hrs talk about how he feels about children being separated from parents and families torn apart? He said it about 30 seconds before he signed the E.O which outlines keeping families together.

6 more years of child abuse or will it be fixed? - give me your thoughts.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I guess it depends on how much backlash he gets. Remember that it was just a few days ago that his administration was justifying the separation of families as the Christian thing to do.

Let's also not forget that Trump is a huge fan of Joe Arpaio. Everything I hear about going on down at the border sounds like it comes from right out of his fascist playbook.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

did you not get things the way you want now? What can Trump do to make you smile?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Fair enough - "we shall see" is a good position to take because I ain't no Nostradamus and I know of no-one who is either.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Sorry mate, I didn't see your thread until just now.

Mods, feel free to dispose of this thread accordingly.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Yep and the Republicans have done nothing nor express an outrage.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

it says even in the op's article, most of those children were unaccompanied minors when they came into the country..
my question would be, how was the processing of these unaccompanied minors different that that of the kids coming across today? if it's close to being the same, ya know, turn them over to social services who then sends them off to a group home/detention center like facility, well...
I really don't see where creating a few thousand unaccompanied minors.... some of whom are too young to talk even.... is making anything better!! our foster care system in this country can be a dangerous place, even for american kids!!!
ya know some of these kids aren't speaking english, they aren't speaking spanish either... they are speaking some obscure form of mayan language.... of which there are many dialects! so, oh ya, it really is fixing things to spread them out around the country.... so all these place have to find a translator that can translate this particular dialect... just to have a simple conversation with those kids who are capable of having a conversation..
at least those unaccompanied minors the article was about were old enough to take care of their basic needs... how can you point to the horrible situation that they found themselves in and claim that trump has made things better......
when he is turning babies into unaccompanied minors who are gonna be stuck in some kind of foster system/child care institution months after their mom or dad are deported back to their home country? many of whom may never see their kids again? how is creating orphans improving things? once the parents are out of the picture, the best possible solution these kids will have is a foster home, but no all kids are that lucky, we have many in group homes and institutions, where abuse is rampant and children are lost also.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I think the OP is beginning to understand that the politicians don't care about us. Money is money.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
all of this spin is making me dizzy

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

There's only about 300000 in the world that speak mayan. And of them 90 percent speak Spanish. So it isnt really the problem you make it out to be. The ones who speak only mayan are in there own villages and dont immigrate any where. And have little contact with anyone outside their villages.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

where are you getting your numbers from???

they seem to be wrong!!

en.wikipedia.org...

but even overlooking that small point in my point...
just how did separating families at the border, which make each member of the family it's own case to flow through the court systems..... then sending those kids to someplace like NY City, improve anything??
cost more money than it saved... increased the risks to the children who now have no one but strangers to speak for them, increases the changes of parents being sent home while kids remain here in the states, and increases the risk that these families will never be reunited again.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

And you don't think this is still going on? This is a systemic problem we see in any environment where adults are tasked with "guarding" children. As we speak there's an ongoing lawsuit that details how these ORR facilities are forcibly medicating children with strong antipsychotics without parental consent. I know the Nazi line gets overused here but that IS some literal Nazi # right there.
The Swamp is not a place or a thing but has its creatures spread out . Drain the Swamp and MAGA . PJW has the best rants bar none

edit on 21-6-2018 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Finally, we have an administration in office that is working to fix all these civil and human rights violations perpetrated by the previous regime.

Oh, you are serious...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Sure ..why not be serious

new topics

<<   2 >>

join