It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identity Theft...Terrorist's toolkit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
With the recent news about a national database company being fooled into giving hundreds of thousands of personal records to identity thieves, one has to wonder...how many of these identities are sold to terror-cells in the US?

With current security measures in place, any islamic person entering the US is flagged. But lets not fool ourselves, terrorists are no longer flying TWA into America. They are filtering through our borders in Canada and South America.

Once they are here, they need to live a normal life until the call to action is put out, so they have to have a legitamate identity.With the information that is taken from these databases, with in a few hours Ishmal habibika becomes Hector Lopez and is collecting a social security check and unemployment.

OK...A little far fetched, I agree. But these are the things that need to be looked into.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
You think the terrorists are the only ones to worry about? Try the Israelis too.

'Mossad spies' jailed over New Zealand passport fraud

The prime minister of New Zealand angrily denounced Israel and imposed diplomatic sanctions on it after two suspected Mossad agents were jailed for six months for trying on false grounds to obtain a New Zealand passport.

The plot, which involved obtaining a passport in the name of a tetraplegic man who had not spoken in years, provoked a furious reaction yesterday.

"The breach of New Zealand laws and sovereignty by agents of the Israeli government has seriously strained our relationship with Israel," said the prime minister, Helen Clark.

This has been going on for years. Israeli spies have also been caught stealing/forging Canadian passports and identities.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Matters such as this should be handled wisely and with the agreement of everyone which is the citizens and the government.In my opinion,being cautious is a good thing but being too over cautious that you are a paranoid is certainly a bad thing.

There's really no perfect way in handling identity theft.For example,every Arab/Muslim person that enters America are being flagged and tedious checks that takes up time are made on that person.Doing checks to their backgrounds and only to find they're not a terrorist cell member but just your everyday traveller.

[edit on 20/2/05 by Heartagram]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartagram

There's really no perfect way in handling identity theft.For example,every Arab/Muslim person that enters America are being flagged and tedious checks that takes up time are made on that person.Doing checks to their backgrounds and only to find they're not a terrorist cell member but just your everyday traveller.

[edit on 20/2/05 by Heartagram]

I think that between the FBI and CIA we have alot of the high profile people flagged as it is. There is no way to check EVERYONE. There is no single profile for a terrorist that can be nailed down. They are not all name mohamed, they are not from the middle east, the fact is that they can come from any country, be blonde and blue eyed and still be a potential terrorist.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Since the terrorists of 9-11 used identity theft and any potential future terrorists can easily do it as well, I don't know why the US government isn't doing more to try to stop it. Our social security numbers should not be publicly available information and should not be required information given out to every other business under the sun. It's all too easy for someone to enter the country and become almost anyone they want to be in my opinion. Even with free credit reports, a whole year can go by before the individual realizes someone stole his identity and that's if the individual is looking for it. Penalties for identity theft and restitution back to the victim should be much much higher I believe as well.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by orionthehunter]

new topics

top topics

join