It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im unsure about what i just saw in the sky...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
I'm not sure if that second point is really the case, but it might be worth you looking into (if you are looking for an explanation).

It is the only reason why I read/partake in these kind of threads. I know absolutely too little about all this stuff but by searching and reading I usually learn a lot of stuff!!

I know Phage or Nghunter would be able to tell you exactly what the OP saw without looking it up but for me the fun is trying to find and learn as much as I can about a subject that has my interest.

(Fun fact: Can you believe that in all these 40 years I've spend on this planet, today I actually learned that the Earth is actually farther away from the sun in summer and closer in winter! )

Peace

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
I'm not sure if that second point is really the case, but it might be worth you looking into (if you are looking for an explanation).

(Fun fact: Can you believe that in all these 40 years I've spend on this planet, today I actually learned that the Earth is actually farther away from the sun in summer and closer in winter! )

Peace

Weeelllll...In the northern hemisphere

For the southern hemipshere, the sun is also farther away right now (in June) than it is in January, but it is winter there at the moment.

The overall point being that the July-versus-January distance the Earth is to the Sun has nothing to do with the change of seasons; those seasons are instead dictated by the tilt of the Earth causing more direct/less direct sunlight falling upon the hemispheres.

edit on 21/6/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

You know that that makes absolute perfect sense but you never think about it...

It's like when I learned there is no reason to look at a world map and state that north=up...

Thank you for that wonderful insight!!

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoThu, 21 Jun 2018 14:53:50 -0500pm305320186 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

If it lasted under 15 seconds and was white, what you describe sounds like an iridium flare.

Believe me i have seen handfuls upon handfuls of bizarre objects, including, for sure, flying vehicles that perform and appear like no terrestriel craft i am familiar with.

I have seen iridium flares, chinese lanterns, rocket tests, weird helicopters, etc.

This does sound like a flare, but again, I have seen plenty of other things in the sky that really make you scratch your head.

Examples:

-Black sphere trailing a commerical plane changing its follow distance and altitude continuously. (20+ witnesses).

-Silent single blue light, flew over head and began to rapidly ascend into the upper atmosohere, and before it became too small to see, it simultaneously "warped" forward and turned red, leaving an instant red trail flash. Like redshifting almost. (3 witnesses)

-Silent black triangle roughly 500 feet overhead traveling no more than 25 mph. Visible cockpit. (2 witnesses)

-Single bright white light. My friend flashed his flashlight at it 3 times and it returned 3 flashes. (2 witnesses)

-Single strobing white light. It would strobe 3 or 4 times every 3 seconds. It seemed similar to a plane, but it was a single white light, and every time itd strobe, it was in a totally different location, altitude, and would sometime jump a far distance between strobes, and then return to a previous location. Best part was that it lasted for about a minute, but the second i pointed my phone at it to record a video, it disappeared permanently. (1 witness) Ive actually seen this type about 3 times.

-Very large aircraft carrier sized rectangular ship with spherical structures on the sides. It had an orange glow atop a metallic grey surface. I saw it for about 30 seconds, my view got blocked due to a hill for about 20 seconds, and as soon as i had a view of the area again, it was gone.

Like I mentioned, Ive had many of these sightings...including an encounter of the 4th kind with 3 of the shorter greys.

I used to get kind of offended by the ultra skeptics and people thatd label us as mentally deficient. Now I dont give a crap because when the time comes, those same people will be sucking their thumbs whimpering in the corner or looking like idiots claiming that they were never in denial and were never total dickheads to those of us that actually know what we're talking about.

edit on 6212018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Funny you just posted this I just saw the same thing last night at around 3:40AM(GMT+3), small white dot cruising along dimming slowly for about 10 seconds, it was really dim though even at the start I could barely see it looking directly at it.

I figured it was a satellite but the weird thing is this thing came back 2-3 minutes later at the exact place going the opposite way this time, it went across the sky to the right and then came back and was going to the left, dimming slowly again but for about 20 seconds this time.

I'm not sure but I guess it was going west-east and then came back the opposite direction which is what was weird about it.
edit on 21 6 2018 by Vamana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies ladies and gents...

I've read a few good explanations... Like i stated in the OP i don't write threads like this... mainly because i never see things i can't logically explain in the sky

I've seen satellites cruising along in the dark night as the sun rises... and i've even seen them change brightness because of the reflection of the sun... Though when they dim you can still see them fly off into the distance

This was a bright white light... and it disappeared

Im not even saying it was a UFO... though i couldn't identify what it was

it was just weird

(and i didn't smoke anything)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Iridium flares that lat/long on

Jun 19, 23:31:09 -3.2 31° 247° (WSW) Iridium 41 23 km (W) -7.3 -19°
Jun 20, 02:47:38 -5.2 25° 303° (WNW) Iridium 47 12 km (W) -7.0 -20°
Jun 20, 22:58:42 0.4 30° 48° (NE) Iridium 65 62 km (E) -7.3 -16°
Jun 20, 23:02:56 -7.3 32° 48° (NE) Iridium 62 3 km (W) -7.4 -17°
Jun 21, 04:20:43 -2.3 55° 275° (W) Iridium 59 20 km (W) -8.3 -11°
Jun 22, 04:13:07 -1.7 56° 277° (W) Iridium 31 26 km (E) -8.4 -12°
Jun 22, 04:14:38 -8.3 55° 277° (W) Iridium 95 1 km (E) -8.3 -12°

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Time being ETZ, UTC..?

Peace

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I think you got it... this is almost exactly what i saw...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

That looks so cool!!

Learn something new every day...

Peace

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

They are impressive to watch. I check dates every so often and go view them.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

times should be local

heavens-above.com is a site where you can find times for your location.

edit on 6/21/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Stellarium also shows satellites not just stars and planets.

stellarium.org...

Or Calsky

www.calsky.com...

With calsky just select list of satellites location date time it can look weeks ahead or select the date you want to check.

edit on 22-6-2018 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join