It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im unsure about what i just saw in the sky...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Im not the type to make these threads...

but i watch the skies every night... i know what im looking at

I just stepped out my door to have a smoke, and i always look at the stars at night... so as usual, first thing i do is look up

There was a bright... light in the sky... about the size of a close planet.. but it was cruising slowly across the sky, so i figured it was a plane

as i watched it moving slowly it became very dim... about the brightness of a distant star... but it was still moving...

Then it disappeared...

I stared at the area for at least 5 mins looking for the flight path of a normal plane, but there isn't any clouds in the sky tonight... and nothing

My first thoughts were... well maybe the sun was reflecting off the side of this plane... but i would still be able to see it after said brightness

Couldn't have been a meteorite... it was going waaay to slow

Maybe it was, but it was headed straight at me... and died out

Im Stumped...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Sounds like a satellite to me

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

no

I've seen plenty of satellites... even the ISS...

This wasn't even close

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Naw man, you saw a good one....

Bigger than an orb huh!!

Where about on the globe are ya?
edit on 21-6-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I saw a what?

Looked like Jupiter was really close.. cruising slowly across the sky....

Im in Canada... Niagara specifically

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Under the right conditions things can appear bigger than they are. Which direction was it heading?

A few years ago a few people freaked out around here because Mars was a lot bigger in the sky due to atmospheric conditions. Was around 2-3 mm if you were to hold your fingers out at arm's length.

Not saying it was the ISS but it seems plausible.
edit on 21-6-2018 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

This gets to me. We have been conditioned to believe our mere mortal eyes can see these non illuminated space vehicles, 200 miles away that are roughly the size of a small bus because the Sun's light is bouncing off them!
Are YOU kidding us? (not you but those who promote such foolery)

Those are secret and/or alien crafts that are MUCH closer than the minimum 200 mile away satellite orbit(s).
I think the average person would faint if they knew the technology that is out there whether ours or theirs.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Sorry for the reply but I've seen satellites as bright as the ISS and as they have traversed across the sky they have dimmed out due to the suns light being blocked. I said satellite as this is what you described. Why would you say it wasn't a satellite ? There's hundreds of objects in orbit in various of shapes and sizes

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Okay....you know the drill

-direction

I'm pretty sure somebody will pull up a schedule of known flying objects and we can start from there..

Cool thread and I will be following this one..

Peace

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
The sun is rising

This thread stamp is 3:39am... which would make the incident aprox. 3:30

Said object was headed away from the sun...

It could have been an object... or satellite which had a reflective surface pointed in my direction, reflecting the sun at the right angle

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
This is so weird, I saw something very similar a couple of days ago. I was thinking about maybe making a post about it here cos its first time I've ever seen what could be called a ufo but you beat me to it!

Mine was right on sunset and the sky was very clear.
I was walking my dog and noticed a plane, it struck me as odd because the contrail seemed much wider than normal and dissipated immediately.
As I watched it what I would describe as a bright orb appeared from nowhere to the right of the plane(which was flying away from me in a northerly direction)and flew slowly towards it, after about five seconds it just faded and disappeared!
So now I'm intrigued and watching closely, moments later on the other, left side of the plane I saw something faint appear that shot upwards at a 45° angle in a flash at an incredible speed.
After that I kept looking to see if it would reappear, it didn't but oddly the plane which was by now some distance away seemed to hang at the same position for the next several minutes(looking like the bright orb), I figured as it was flying away it was catching the sunlight creating this illusion of standing still but it really seemed like it wasn't getting any smaller?
I started walking again while still watching it, passed by a tree momentarily blocking it and it vanished in those couple of seconds!, it was definitely still visible one moment and gone the next.
Anyway just wanted to share this, I've always believed in UFOs but had never observed one until now. My rational mind tells me it was something mundane with a logical explanation but my woo side is elated! Lol.
BTW I'm in central NSW Australia.
edit on 21-6-2018 by Osirisvset because: Location

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

So it was heading east to west?

Yeah, some satellites may go that route but I'm unaware of them. From my understanding it's a fuel issue, it's just cheaper to go west to east.

Could've been a high flying bird (plane) how long did it take to traverse the sky?

The opposite direction sightings always peak my interest

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Most objects moving in the sky at a constant rate of speed and slowly fading in and out are satellites, atleast thats my experience

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

It's always worth noting the direction. Civilian satellites tend to go West to East or arw in a geosynchronous orbit (always one spot) with the exception of a few research satellites. North to South or South to North tend to be military satellites, these go faster than civilian ones because they are generally not as high up.

Some satellites do go northeast/southeast, the ISS is one of them. If you live in the right place it'll be seen going west to east. That's when it changes it's direction relative to the earth. I live in one of these spots... I've only ever seen it go west to east.

We have many satellites though and I didn't even mention the space junk... That stuff can appear peculiar at the best of times.
edit on 21-6-2018 by RAY1990 because: Lost me bearings

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

The Titan 4B R/B is the only satellite I can find but it passed over your location around 03:00 and was traveling south...

So I'll keep looking for something that went east to west at around 3:30..

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoThu, 21 Jun 2018 05:47:43 -0500am304720186 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoThu, 21 Jun 2018 05:49:30 -0500am304920186 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Sounds like a satellite.

Sometimes. If you can watch where it should be. (After disappearing)

You can sometimes see a very bright flash. Like a camera flash. Called satellite flare. Where the sun reflects off the object.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 21-6-2018 by blackcrowe because: add link

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
What color was the light?

Green? Red? or just white?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I found this little beauty...

The SS-520-5 R/B satellite reentered the atmosphere Jun/21/2018 at 05:21 UTC with an approximate error of +/- 95 minute(s)

Eventually, even if the satellite has already reentered it still may be being plotted on the map, which shows its hypothetical location if it is still in Earth orbit.

Apparently it was over the Atlantic, on your latitude at around 03:30, It was however traveling in the opposite direction (ie west to east)

We'll keep looking...

Peace

Maybe you witnessed the re-entry??

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
The sun is rising

This thread stamp is 3:39am... which would make the incident aprox. 3:30

Said object was headed away from the sun...

It could have been an object... or satellite which had a reflective surface pointed in my direction, reflecting the sun at the right angle

Sunrise time for your area today 05.36

www.timeanddate.com...

Would it be possible it is a north to south satellite. Giving report is 2 hours earlier than sunrise time?

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join