It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says North Korea has returned remains of 200 U.S. war dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Better late than never for those who have waited for some type of closure for those who went missing and presumed dead during the Korean war.

There were around 36,000 US troops who died during the Korean conflict with close to 7700 US service personnel never accounted for.

"We got back our great fallen heroes, the remains sent back today, already 200 got sent back," Trump told a crowd of supporters during a rally in Duluth, Minnesota.

U.S. officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said on Tuesday that in coming days North Korea would hand over a "sizeable number" of remains to United Nations Command in South Korea, and they would then be transferred to Hickam Air Force Base in Hawaii.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   
That Kim is such a good guy, he should be invited to the white house.....

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Kim is far from a Saint but diplomacy has to start somewhere. What would you prefer, more war?

Also, from my observations of the summit. Kim looks like a scared kid that got thrusted into a despot position of power.

I have a feeling there are going to be many revelations as to what actually happened in North Korea since his father died.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Kim will not be giving up the nukes ,one would have to be really gullible to believe he will.

As for war, America is in the business of war, you are by default as an American also in the war business, you cant take the moral high ground as a warmonger claiming to want peace.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

All kim ever wanted was to be left alone so he can rule his people with an iron fist in peace.

Trump gave him that. No wonder kim is acting all nice.

I feel so bad about the real losers here. The NK people.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I hope we (the US) accomplished enough to justify the deaths of so many brave Americans.

I'm glad/relieved that President Trump is leading the world into a more peaceful era.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I would prefer that we negotiate for the well being of the NK people with the person that really calls the shots.
Xi Jinping.

Why do our presidents keep trying to talk with that lying, murdering, lackey is beyond me.

Why not go directly to china ?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

America is not leading the world into peace just because two people had a talk.

Don't be silly.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

That is good but the fact is that they have held those remains since the 50's for possible leverage.
What about the rest of remains? Those remains that they are releasing probably died in POW prisons.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
And he is not dismantling his missile test sites as per the Trump-Kim-Summit. Not at all.

The article in your link says he will dismantle it soon. Don't let that TDS bite so hard.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

And he is not dismantling his missile test sites as per the Trump-Kim-Summit. Not at all.

The article in your link says he will dismantle it soon. Don't let that TDS bite so hard.

You actually believe that despite history?
We shall see.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

War with Iran is a possible outcome for President Trump, Also a smokescreen for his many domestic issues he’s having

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Kim is far from a Saint but diplomacy has to start somewhere. What would you prefer, more war?

Of course they do....

remember they were all "Ohhh Trump is going to start WWIII he is such a war monger and evil man, he's only about starting conflict, he's going to kill us all. BOO HISS TRUMP!"

but then he did the opposite, and now they are all "Ohhh look at Trump kissing a tryants ass, he is such an ass kisser and evil man, he's going to make us all a laughing stock. BOO HISS TRUMP!"

they just tend to flip flop. swings and roundabouts.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It is truly amazing how something so good for the family members who lost loved ones in the Korean war can be turned around into a let's parrot "CNN" and spread hate...

There are 6 missile test sights... I doubt due to the value of the equipment Kim will order them blown up. Dismantle would be smarter IMO.. Nothing has happened to the sights as of yet.. Which would be rather quick considering the ink is barely dry on the agreement signed.. Good news is we will know if the sights are dismantled or not.

With China, Russia, and now the USA (no invasion) guaranteeing security for N.K. Kim does nor need to keep rattling his offensive saber. However, I have no doubt he is in a war for survival in his own country as the hardliners and his own MIC are no doubt plotting and trying to keep their power.

If he/Kim is assassinated it will be blamed on some western power (probably the CIA and S. Korea) and we will be right back to square one. Let us hope not..

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Come on now. If you think for one second NK is just going to dismantle their test sites you are sorely mistaken. NK is owned by Chine and if China can get NK to be cooperative with the US and less ships in the area than they get what they want. Think about this like a game of “Risk” if you will. We cancel our war games and agree to remove some assets in the region then China is free to move in. NK has and will continue to be there cushioned border of propaganda.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

You actually believe that despite history?
We shall see.

History smishtory, round here we don't need to learn from history we are happy to repeat it, repeating history is the way forward and in the words of Charlie sheen....winning!

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
And the war mongers are back with the usual rebuttal.

What will they do when the missiles are gone.

Kim will be an absolute hero to his people.

I wish I could write his speech.

It would go down in history.

P

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

From your link... 😒

Magunpo Solid Rocket Motor Test Facility - Status: Not dismantled.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join