It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reaching infinite alternatve realities, Lucid dreams OOBES all the same .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
uk.funzing.com...

This is an interesting talk, where the conclusions are based on sound science. That when an OOBE or lucid dream is encountered, the reality arrived at is always similar, but never quite the same as the one you left behind. This guy has done a fair bit of research, and seems to believe that when you go to sleep and dream that you are entering an alternate reality, which cant be the same as the one you left, or it wouldn't be alternate. Where an OOBE is encountered where you observe your own body it figures that you are still in this reality, but on the way to an alternative.
Where the infinite Universe isn't a physical place , but an infinite information source interpreted as a physical event. He has an interesting take on a lucid dream generator, where the strobe frequencies produces '___', from the Pineal gland to make the transitions to the alternative places of consciousness. The reality that we enjoy or not, is that of a hard wired Lucid dream. But just one aspect of an infinite number of other probabilities which have become your reality.
It could explain a lot of high strangeness reports of people going to sleep in one reality and waking up in this one. Plus going into another reality for a period of time and then returning to this one. Since their is only the interpretation of information involved, what could first appear impossible becomes plausible as nothing physical is involved.
This is a prelude to a lecture evening, which has some interesting stuff in the vid.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

That would mean that in some reality I'm an animal.

In others I have super powers.

And in others (lucid) I can control all of reality with my mind.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
uk.funzing.com...

It could explain a lot of high strangeness reports of people going to sleep in one reality and waking up in this one.

Could you expand on this please? I've never heard of this before, sounds interesting!

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I believe this is the case, and that our present reality is produced by the constructive and destructive interference between alternate realities in superposition. "Space-time" is a medium of probability.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Osirisvset

By definition a physical reality doesn't exist , reality is actually what is constructed in our own mind, we see with our mind what we think we see and hear feel etc., is decoded from information into this reality in our mind. The eyes don't see anything, they transmit energy waves which are decoded into a reality. We are lucid dreaming this present reality. time and distance ,is conceptualized to make it coherent. It becomes realer the longer that you do it, like its realer now than when you were a kid and new at the game.
You sleep and loose consciousness in this reality, and then move into another reality, where a different timeline and rules exists, then when you wake up the memories fade , because the information isn't relevant to the present reality. But you have to sleep, because if you don't you cant maintain this present reality, it would becomes chaotic.
So you have the situation occur where death is certain, the accident , car crash is catastrophic, but you walk away uninjured, if it were real in the classic sense you would have died. Or in the dream reality death is certain , and you wake up back here. Then in another instance you go looking for UFO's you then start to see them, but you wouldn't have if you hadn't bothered looking. So UFO.s are now part of your reality, but they are not part of say your mothers who didn't want to believe in them enough to go looking in the first place.
Something like that.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well Lucid dreaming , is more like an alternate decoding of reality i see it a bit like installing another os on a pc.
The worlds always differ a bit. At the highest Lucid dreaming state , it's very difficult to know whether one is dreaming or not. Once awaken 3 times in a row just to find out that I was still dreaming , flying in a plane over alaska.
It's basically that reality doesn't want you to be awake in a dream state and there is some mechanism that is acting against the dreamer.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
It's basically that reality doesn't want you to be awake in a dream state and there is some mechanism that is acting against the dreamer.

In Buddhism, that mechanism is described as the ego..

We obliterate it with constant meditation..

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

The eyes don't see anything, they transmit energy waves which are decoded into a reality. We are lucid dreaming this present reality.

Well said! To take this further, the greater one's perceptions (the more sensitive they are) the more they can experience. It is not just through dream that other realities can be explored, but through art, fantasy, meditation, etc. Everything is energy basically. People unknowingly block out a lot of energetic interactions by focusing just on the body reality, shutting out everything outside the reality they willing to accept. Leaving one's self too open, on the other hand, can lead to madness (or what we call dementia.) Ultimately you need to be anchored in yourself, not in 'reality' per say. The more you are, the safer it is to explore.

Space is NOT the final frontier!

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Well in this case not Buddism but just an dream observation... Lucy's don't like me to take control. And with every level the 'dream' becomes more real but I usually loose lucid state after 2 times or so....

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Please don't take these words lightly due to any potential religious bias.

You are at a profound state of realization. Since we are lost in the lucid dream we call life, it is the material objects that we cling to that continually disallow us from realizing the blank canvas of our awakened state. For this reason, a rich man cannot enter the kingdom of heaven, because there will always be a reliance on external things, rather than the innate realization that these things are manifest from you anyway! This is the danger of all idols.

The realization of of our lucid dream state is the liberating truth that Jesus calls "eternal life", a tangent of consciousness that no longer is subject to the material slavery of Egypt, but is now free to enjoy the promised land that is the birthright of all humans.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Jhana states in Buddhism explain this rather clearly... levels of being is a bit more accurate.

Used to be and in some cases there still is an argument about "Greater and Lesser" vehicle or "body" to life... well all of that "body" has a "speech"... the mind itself? Best to call that Buddha/Tathagata/Suchness/God/Goddess/Science whatever one finds it easier to deal with as such.

Knowledge is one hand that cuts, while the other receives and the middle way puts back together.

Buddhism Is an introduction to reality as all philosophies go... one step on the path? Could be a trillion miles. So what died in the process as mind created the volition before one arrived? Was the volition selfish or to help another? Self compassion sometimes has to be done when the whole disregards one as a self... like a dog will lick it's wounds the same as any other that carries the same behavior and still holding that pain? Lash out at anything that tries to help.

So letting do of that pain; one can see that sometimes no action is right action... as in no steps at all. So meditation something the Christian Bible states to do; both day and night... no real instructions though. The goal is to sit and not tell others what to do, not tell "self" what to do... sitting is just sitting, be it the sun, the moon, or as the path so others can walk... who knows? Dukka knows, the reaping of volition or action of mind carrying speech and body as the "three worlds" Nirmanakaya, Samboghakaya, Dammakaya... Bliss body can occur from the three worlds of body, speech and mind as a whole... some call this reverence of the masses of life or exhaltation of a "god" however in the human realm some call that pride; of course the humble see it as ego and those sucking the sympathetic joy from one family member such as a Buddha or Christ or whomever as a sacrifice so that other suffering is eased? No real difference.

Jhanas... seven wheels, like planets whirling we call the solar system... of course liked to "flowers" each one has a "taste" and each one has a heaven and a hell based on those tastes or attachments. Remember craving and desire... like the eaters or destroyers of worlds... here on this small little blue/green bubble we have lost countless species over an immeasurable amount of time at least according to historians.

However not bearing THAT sort of load? Time is a concept a measure of work or reaping... same as kamma or the blade swung into action to cut or harvest those flowers of being.

8th Jhana said not to exist as it will collapse the world back into a "self" if one is carrying such a thing... this is when the world inverts into the void as the old monkey reflecting into a pond of grasping. Round and round it becomes the yin/yang spiral much like a galaxy or just regular ol solar system...

The void? Elements is what some say but other may just say it is a "dark matter" or simply space.

So where is the center of the universe? At any point at any time at any place known or unknown.

Happy travels

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

One thing I learned from practically living on an astral projection/OBE forum in my youth is that there is no ending to the strangeness surrounding the relationship between lucid dreams, projections, and OBEs.

I shared this on one of the forums before, or in a private chat, but I have had two such experiences where I attempted projection, and didn't quite "come back" to this reality. The one I have written down in my journal from the time included an interesting bit to those interested in a parallel universe or multiverse:

When I got "back" from my projection on this occasion, I found myself in my "room", facing a different direction, a different time of day (I practice at night; it was daytime). I still felt like myself, but the odd thing was that I remembered having the astral projection before...but it felt like I "dreamed" about this dimension (the one in which I am typing a reply on ATS). I actually panicked because it felt like this entire dimension was a "large dream". Funny thing was, I got back the same way I got there (Yay me, two conscious projections in one "day").

Now, seeing as this didn't happen in a lab, science would say that I had a vivid dream, nothing more. I don't know of many dreams (outside of false awakenings) where you have access to all of your senses in realtime: I felt the sun on my arms, could hear everything around me, see in color, felt the weight of my body moving, etc. It still puzzles me to this day: The philosopher in me wonders what would have happened had I not panicked, and accepted that "reality" as fact: Would I be another "Mandela Effect" person in that reality? Dead in this one? Maybe this one is a dream?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

There is an inner world and an outer world in duality... the good side the bad side, the upside the down side, light side dark side and yet all of them exist in this one dimensional plane called concept.

Many facets to that one thing called duality; no one walking along a road of diamonds unfaceted are going to know them as diamonds so they cease to exist; facet them and lol follow the yellow brick er I mean street paved with gold.

Perspective... many many eyes ears noses and mouths all over everywhere NOT yours. So lol be good for goodness sake... if for nothing else.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
you can do this during the day to, it's called dream journeying

if you have proper guidance and learn how to do it right you can really learn a lot about yours, or someone elses subconscious if you really how to interpret someone else who's earned you trust

it's like you can also read someones subconscious without them even knowing, I've heard the elite practice this with one another

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I think the world is made of a finite amount of Aeons..

You have to live to achieve each and everyone..and then you can say game over for attainment..

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

I came across this , glitches that seem to happen during the normal working day. Which should have happened in the way we perceive dreams. I wonder how often they actually happen but get censored as an impossibility, to keep the illusion going. It could be that nothing is perfect not even what we perceive to be reality, if it was it couldn't change

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Our reality is composed of information. At this moment, we are being sent a datastream encoded with information that describes our experience. We interact with that data and the changes are updated and the larger reality tracks these changes so that others participating in experiential reality receive the update creating objectivity. When we enter altered-states of consciousness, we are simply changing the datastream which appears as a new reality but in fact it's new information.

This client/server relationship stems from the individualization of a core singularity of the self which has used highly organized thought to create new patterns of experience. This singularity projects awareness nodes into each actor in deep immersion for the purpose of facilitating experience.

We are both the singularity of this Universe and the individual awareness node. The datastream is composed of highly organized thought making reality a narrative and language for the sole purpose of experience. When you tumble down this rabbit hole is reveals that our source self is one unified field of awareness that has evolved using thought to create experience.

This creative process also emerges in our dreams. This is why some people who experience deja vu can link the familiarity of the deja to something they experienced in the past. This is known as Deja Reve, or Already Dreamed. In this context, the person has maintained enough memory outside of the normal amnesia induced from sleep so that they can identify within their own self the source of the deja moment within the dream state.

Dreams are an example of this highly-organized thoughts and themselves are the programming language of experiential reality. They are the language and narrative of a conscious self aware universe which has not only evolved this Universe that we call the physical world but an Omniverse presenting an astronomical amount of potential experiences far beyond the limits of human life and human consciousness.

We as parts of this whole also use highly-organized thoughts to evolve our own dream experiences which we can interpret as a dream reality. But they are narratives between the little self and the larger self, we can use the metaphor of the waking mind and the subconscious mind. Gnostics would call it the Daemon/Eidolon relationship.

In further exploring how the Universe has evolved as information, one must look at how information processing produces the final rendered product describing the experience. This is where it gets really fun because it will show and reveal that you are still in the singularity of the self and not actually here the way you think you are.

In processing this datastream, our consciousness calculates the information and projects a holographic interface approximating space for the experience of reality. But the space we see is epiphenominal of information processing meaning... the space we see is just Cartesian. The rendering of space as described by the vectors in the datastream.

Space is a product of information processing meaning we are not in space rather simulating space. It is the same for our dreams. We see and observe space, but that space is also epiphenomenal of information processing and itself Cartesian. At the information level, there is no space, there is no time. These are all rendered products of information, just bits of data changing within the datastream.

When we sleep, we just access other information, render that information into an experience and call it a new dimension, a new reality but base reality is a singularity that is self aware and has become an awareness fractal that produces highly organized thoughts for the purpose of experience. It is absolute with no beginning or end, we are awareness nodes within that system and we too have no beginning nor end, just new patterns of experiences to kill the boredom of eternity with new things to do. Brace for eternity folks. Life is just a temporary stop along the way.

That's my take.

top topics

join