It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAC Users Who Use Internet Explorer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Mac’s I don’t eat them or use them but I assume some members do so a little info for you’s who do.

MAC USERS WHO USE INTERNET EXPLORER
As you may have heard, Microsoft is no longer supporting Internet Explorer for Macs. There will be no future versions. What you also may not know is browsers have built in obsolescence... they corrupt and break down after a period of time.

Recently the latest versions of IE for Mac have shown some interesting bug developments which are likely part of this planned obsolescence. Pages won't refresh correctly or call to the server properly for updated pages, cache problems, clinging cached pages, script malfunctions, pages that won't fully load, are just a few of the symptoms of a degrading, decaying Internet Explorer.

Link To Web Browsers Present and Past

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Apparently the free software Microsoft has which is needed by most programs to run, such as DirectX, will no longer be supported on shells, either. I went to get DirectX on my work computer to get keyhole to run and Microsoft had to first verify via a small app that I had an official version of Windows. Thus the monopolistic net is being closed. You have to have Windows to run all your software, even the software that worked fine on your Mac's Windows shell or on Linux.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
JungleJake, I also had to verify to get DirectX earlier today, but atfirst I said no to verification and it still let me download it.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
thanks, I am using Internet Explorer 5.1.3 for MacOS 9.X right now..

Yeah, It´s nothing new..the last version for Mac is for MacOS X, and it is ver. no. 5.5-only MacOS X..

and hey, if you using MacOS X, forget Internet Explorer! Safari Webbrowser is much better! (Tab browsing, Pop-up eliminate..and it´s from Apple
)

best wishes

dc

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
thats old news microsoft said they were not supporting it ages ago thats y we now have safri

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
um from a user who has never used a mac who cares about ie

download firefox!

top topics

join