It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Issue With The Administration's (Former) Immigration Policy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

laws stand as they are till voted on

Huh.
I thought there were three branches of government in the US.

Silly me. I must have misread the Constitution.
edit on 6/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: network dude
I think the OP is referring to this:
www.justice.gov...

No room for discretion? Zero tolerance? Smoking pot is a federal felony. Why aren't they going after pot smokers! A lot more of them than illegal immigrants. Probably easier to catch too.

Of all people to take the emotional angle and forgo the facts, I sure didn't expect you.

Fact: this law has been in effect for a while now. Several administrations.
Fact: The wal mart used for the housing of kids, had been around for a while, and the kids there have been in and out for a while. (at least one previous administration)
Opinion: Trump's zero tolerance policy is enforcing a law that should be changed. He even said it.
Opinion: I believe he used the situation to bring that to light and got what he was after. And yes, he used the kids for that purpose, much like the MSM used them for the outrage.

So while you can be angry at him for doing this, he was trying to get a permanent change to an unjust law. I think his heart was in the right place, and after just a few days, the left who cares so much for these children, got exactly what they asked for.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Oldtimer2

laws stand as they are till voted on

Huh.
I thought there were three branches of government in the US.

Silly me. I must have misread the Constitution.

if you think enforcing the law is wrong, then yes, I'd agree.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Here's another law an authoritarian government used to focus on instead of being humane.

Sodomy Laws

During the 1950s, McCarthyism resulted in state- and nationwide witch hunts of male "homosexuals" in which the acts of oral and anal sex between consenting adult men were [treated the same as] child molestation.

The law was in effect for a loooong time, long before the 50s, however, it depends on what the government wants to focus on; in this case it was life long imprisonment for personal choices that hurt no one.

ND, I view you as an intelligent person so I think you'll get this -- focusing on human rights and defending those who cannot defend themselves is most likely time better spent than digging for justifications for oppressive policies.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
As if everyone who is crying about enforcing the law 100% have any clue as to the ramification of becoming an authoritarian nation.

GEtting back to states rights is the only way out of this.

Anything else will come back to haunt you.

This reminds me of how the left loves to take up for muslim extremist while ignoring the fact that if they had the chance they would eliminate the left.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join