It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Don’t worry, the Republicans, and your President, will fix it!"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

originally posted by: Muninn

a reply to: c2oden

Oh looky here!
Exclusive: Less than 25% of Republicans in Congress endorse border wall funding in USA TODAY survey
I guess those 75% of Republicans hate like me?

Anything more current then last year?

Can't find anything more current on the Congress but I found a couple on polls of American voters:
thehill.com...
www.cbsnews.com...

I tried.

Your other links are to polls which prove absolutely nothing.
Remember all of the polls that said Hillary was going to be our next president?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

a reply to: RowanBean

Just admit it, you googled republicans against wall funding and linked the first article that looked legit but didn't bother to read it, right?

I did read it. Just not all the way down to the bottom. Like I said disregard the article.

Lol, at least your honest.

Sure. Why not? Will you be honest too? I've seen you say dishonest things myself. Anyway like seeker said we don't know the mind of those Republicans.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

a reply to: c2oden

Oh looky here!
Exclusive: Less than 25% of Republicans in Congress endorse border wall funding in USA TODAY survey
I guess those 75% of Republicans hate like me?

Anything more current then last year?

Can't find anything more current on the Congress but I found a couple on polls of American voters:
thehill.com...
www.cbsnews.com...

I tried.

Your other links are to polls which prove absolutely nothing.
Remember all of the polls that said Hillary was going to be our next president?

The other poster asked me for more current polls. Don't blame me. Blame him.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Something tells me that you eat a lot of crow.
😉

I have made my mind up. With his level of "awareness that having walls improves securities effectiveness" he has to be in grade school. Either that or just a troll.

You haven't proven that building more walls along the long border will improve it yet. Until the wall is built, we both simply do not know.
And calling me a troll shows that you are in a grade school.

Dude. It is okay. I explained to you how it would improve it. I can only explain it to you, I can't understand it for you too. You did not respond to the direct questions that I asked you, which means, either you don't understand the logical set of reasons I gave you that the wall would work, or you do understand and are just a troll. One or the other.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

a reply to: JinMI

I think once again America should take the high road and build these on our side of the border.

Why?

Because unlike your post indicates, the majority of Americans are better than that.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

😉

I have made my mind up. With his level of "awareness that having walls improves securities effectiveness" he has to be in grade school. Either that or just a troll.

You haven't proven that building more walls along the long border will improve it yet. Until the wall is built, we both simply do not know.

Dude. It is okay. I explained to you how it would improve it. I can only explain it to you, I can't understand it for you too. You did not respond to the direct questions that I asked you, which means, either you don't understand the logical set of reasons I gave you that the wall would work, or you do understand and are just a troll. One or the other.

No you have not explained it to me. You are comparing small version of the walls around house vs. long wall along long border costing billions of dollars. You are ignoring the fact that there are many ways around it. Berlin wall worked because it's a small version.

Sorry buddy. Until more walls are built, we both simply do not know.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Eminent Domain a 100 mile wide swath north of the border and get promises that no one will pass beyond that without filing for and receiving citizenship? I bet Pelosi would endorse that plan.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Apparently posters here forget that I said I would be all for it if it works. I even said that I would eat crow if it reduces illegal immigration significantly.
But NOOOOOO. Let's all attack this poster for his opinion.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

😉

Try explaining The Great Wall of China.

ETA:
Was the Great Wall of China Actually Effective

The purpose of the wall was to protect against members of the XiongNu (also sometimes referred to as the “Huns”, a nomadic people in Ancient Central Asia) who often raided the Chinese northern border.

The XiongNu were highly mobile herders, who rode on horseback, and at the time were very adept at stealing from their neighbors of Northern China. While the wall was probably ineffective against individual armies (who could scale the side of it), the wall was much better at keeping horsemen and their horses out. Instead of having an open prairie as their battleground, the nomadic army was forced to concentrate their attack at one section of the wall. A smoke or fire signal would be lit along the wall, and reinforcement troops would be sent in.

Of course, not all horseback invasions were stopped, and there have been instances of nomadic people breaching the wall. However, one could argue that without the wall, China would’ve been invaded far more times if the wall hadn’t been there.

edit on 6/20/2018 by Krakatoa because: Added link

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Im not a dem so let me commit.

First off this is an obvious emotionally driven attack thread.
Not the high quality threads I'm used to from ATS of the past. 8(

2ed, it feels more like your showing not only the dems hypocrisy but also how similar the right and left really are. (I agree with)
Not something that's going to sway me a guy in the center to vote republcan on this issue.

This tells me I should be looking at 3rd party people or better yet actually listening to the individuals that are running and see what they have to say about this issue. And then vote for whoever is closest to what I like no mater what party it is.

What triggered you to make this thread? I would really like an answer to that because I know it was something.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I think we should make mexico a state.

Solve everyones main problems right away.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

a reply to: ketsuko

I understand what principle means. You're comparing apples and oranges. We need laws and they do work.

Like the law that tells people not to murder each other?

Yes. What about it?

Does it work?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I think we should make mexico a state.

Solve everyones main problems right away.

Good Lord, no. California is already a bag of rabid squirrels. We don't need another part of the country saying "Here, hold my cerveza..."

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I understand what principle means. You're comparing apples and oranges. We need laws and they do work.

Yes. What about it?

Does it work?

In order to make a valid comparison, we would have to see the difference between pre and post murder law.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Yes. What about it?

Does it work?

In order to make a valid comparison, we would have to see the difference between pre and post murder law.

So there is a point where a law doesn't work that still meets satisfactory criteria?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

You now neighborhoods built in say the dessert somewhere to house those seeking to become citizens but have nowhere else to live is not a bad idea really.

The people in them would only have rights under the articles of asylum and would have to carry work permits anytime they left the settlement. And they could only leave to work.

People might not like the sound of this but I am for an extremely hard to remove but not permanent way for tracking those in the neighborhoods. Like a tattoo or chip. But it must be proven that it can and is removed once the person becomes a citizen.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Yes. What about it?

Does it work?

So there is a point where a law doesn't work that still meets satisfactory criteria?

We trust that the laws and punishment to be deterrent. You trust that adding more walls will significantly reduce the illegal immigration. I don't for reasons stated. But like I said go right ahead and build more. If it works then great! Oh BTW tell the orange idol to hurry it up.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I hereby acknowledge your post and citation.

edit on 20-6-2018 by RowanBean because: Just so Krakatoa feels better

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

That a ridiculous idea. Yes, lets just create the American version of the PLO. Next comes the stories of the refugee with no country of their own, the suffering children and terrorist acts justified by the left because WE caused this problem!

What ever happened to legal immigration and a countries right to secure THEIR border?
edit on 20-6-2018 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Yes. What about it?

Does it work?

We trust that the laws and punishment to be deterrent.

We trust our law enforcement and judicial system to enforce those laws as a physical/forceful deterrence, and sometime preventative. Laws by themselves do nothing without force to bolster them.

By the way, the punishment for illegal immigration is supposed to be what Trump is enforcing. Yet some people are complaining about that.

You trust that adding more walls will significantly reduce the illegal immigration. I don't for reasons stated. But like I said go right ahead and build more. If it works then great! Oh BTW tell the orange idol to hurry it up.

I believe effective barriers can be effective deterrents. Those barriers can be a wall, an ICE agent, a judge, or a bureaucrat/beancounter. What remains to be seen is if we can get effective barriers in place and maintain them.
edit on 20-6-2018 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join