It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Don’t worry, the Republicans, and your President, will fix it!"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
a reply to: ketsuko

No more than the Democrats mind it when illegals vote for them.

That's not true. And ma'am that's a deflection.

Not a deflection. The truth.

Democrats see the future of their party marching illegally over the border. They need new voting base.

Republicans are firmly in the pocket of business interests who like the cheap labor.

Between then, there is no interest in fixing the problem.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It's the principle.

The wall won't work because it won't stop everyone the same way murder laws won't work because they don't stop everyone.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

The wall isn't a law. LOL.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
We can try building more wall and see how much of a difference it makes. I'm waiting for Trump but it seems that he's pretty late on it. Anyway if it is built as Trump promised and there is significant reduction then I would be surprised and I would be glad to be wrong.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Kinda off topic aren't we? Is this subject too hard for you?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

You know what would be a great catch phrase for the next democrat Presidential Candidate?

No Walls No Laws.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

You can't be serious?
It does not need to be law, because the law is clearly defined.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

You can't be serious?

Uh Ketsuko compared the wall to laws.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: RowanBean

Like converting a closed Wal-mart complete with dorms rooms for four with beds and a large rec room with pool tables.

They did that but made it 10-17 males only. Part of what the fuss is about.

LOL, it seems there just isn't any logic behind what you say here. Perhaps we didn't take the high enough road.
Oh well, irony coupled with hippocracy is fun to watch.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Arguing with the left is pointless. They don't want compromise on this issue. They don't want alternative solutions. They only want open borders with all new arrivals immediately granted citizenship. They will kick and scream and deflect and obfuscate and whatever else it takes to get their way, and if they can't they will continue to throw their tantrums and continue to do every thing they can to bring our great republic crashing down.

Maybe it is time for the President to spank their butts and tell them to sit down and shut up until they can act like reasonable adults

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Ah, such a literalist. You must have rocked in literature class.

Principle - synonyms: truth, proposition, concept, idea, theory, assumption, fundamental, essential, ground rule

Try those highlighted two on for size and go back to what I said, champ.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

You can't be serious?

Uh Ketsuko compared the wall to laws.

Oh.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

You know, I once heard about a rancher who had a field that he wanted to put his cattle in. He really didn't like building fences, so he just built one across one side of the field to keep most of his cattle in. The next day all his cattle were gone.

He decided maybe he needed a little more fence, so he got more cattle and built a fence across another side. The next morning, all of his cattle were gone again.

So the rancher swore off fences forever. They obviously don't work.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I understand what principle means. You're comparing apples and oranges. We need laws and they do work.

Anyway, you haven't proved that adding more walls would reduce the immigration significantly. The only way we know is if more walls are finally built. But by all means build the walls and see who is right. I would gladly be wrong but if I'm right then it's all waste of our resources and we end up with deeper debt and bloated government.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

LOL. Good one. That made me laugh.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The blatant deception and hypocrisy of the democratic party is so sickening. I find it incomprehensible that people can actually still support them and to top it off they think they're on some moral high ground. It's brought the meaning of disgusting to a whole new level. They make Trump look like a saint, at least to the people willing to open their eyes and see them for who and what they really are.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Not my fault you apparently were absent on the day your English class discussed simile.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Not my fault you apparently were absent on the day your English class discussed simile.

Not my fault you apparently were absent on the day your English class discussed comparison and contrast.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Glad you liked it.

The point is, if we want to try a wall, we cannot build "some of it" and see how well that works. We either build a wall or we don't. There is no in-between. Trying to build part of a wall is akin to fencing part of a field, and makes as much sense as trying to dig half a hole.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I see the principle of it. I truly do. It's just such a massive project costing moola at a great risk building the wall all along the long border. I am just worried that it will fail epically. But go ahead and build more walls. Tell Trump to hurry up.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join