It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Don’t worry, the Republicans, and your President, will fix it!"

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

And after people start cutting through the fences, they'll need... a wall!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Maybe NAFTA has provisions that let somebody build small "gated communities" on the Mexico side.

Perfect housing solution.

New towns.

⚖🔑⚖

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
In a nutshell, the policy of separation existed WELL before Trump.

However, Obama chose mostly to ignore it. This caused a FLOOD of immigrants (bringing their kids, because authorities were apt NOT to imprison them, for fear of political backlash). This time is also the source of the pics of those kids by the way, years before Trump took office.

Then, Trump decided to more actively enforce the policy, and the press had a fit. Well, if you are citizen and you go to jail, do you get out because you have kids? NO.

This whole debacle is really a failure on BOTH sides. The Dems for ignoring the law and the lawbreakers, and for creating the motivation for them to come....and the Trump administration, for failing to see the political fallout that would result from actually enforcing it.

Personally, I think the bottom line is to ship them all home (those being detained, not those here and working), eliminate the citizenship by birth location nonsense (You should only be a citizen if one of your birth parents is a citizen), and eliminate the welfare reward for birth system currently in place. Take the money earmarked for the wall, and put it towards more Immigration Court facilities and personnel, and a clearer more direct path to citizenship, and THEN you've solved the problem.

But what the hell do I know?
edit on 21-6-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Those are very logical solutions. Ill add one more, fine any company at least 100K for every illegal noncitizen caught on the payroll.

edit on 21-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
In a nutshell, the policy of separation existed WELL before Trump.

However, Obama chose mostly to ignore it. This caused a FLOOD of immigrants

I understand this belief seems to be part and parcel of right-wing revisionist history, but President Obama drastically reduced illegal immigration by every measure, including Trump's own DHS.

Look at the drop-off under Obama.

And Fiscal 2017 shows the lowest illegal border crossings in 46 years.
Albeit only a hair lower than the Obama admin in 2015.

Arrests For Illegal Border Crossings Hit 46-Year Low
www.npr.org...

Are you sure the "Crisis at the Border!" isn't just a fictional placeholder for demagoguery of brown people as an appeal to the racist wing of Trump supporters?

edit on 21-6-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

Those are very logical solutions. Ill add one more, fine any company at least 100K for every illegal noncitizen caught on the payroll.

Yes.
And bankrupt farmers shore to shore.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Behold!, I bring you awkward tidings of 25 years of DNC hypocrisy,

Behold, I bring you another right-wing straw-man!

Democrats never were, nor are they now, in favor of illegal immigration.

That myth is the ugly cousin-wife of the other right wing myth that Illegal Aliens flooded across the border under the Obama administration. (Debunked in post above).

Democrats have consistently looked to FIX the immigration system.

Obstructionist GOP always refused, fearful that the racists amongst their base would not stomach any compromise that increased legal immigration from Mexico to meet agricultural demand.

And hey...This seems like a "Trump got North Korea to denuclearize!" thread.

Wake me up when it really happens.

And Pssst...The GOP with their Majorities in all branches of government FAILED AGAIN today to pass an immigration bill.
GOP failed again for reason cited above. Fear of racists amongst base who they pandered to to get elected..

Only in Trump world is perpetual failure Trumpeted as winning.

House delays vote on immigration bill in face of likely defeat

The ‘compromise’ bill was expected to fail on the House floor in a blow to Paul Ryan and Donald Trump.

www.politico.com...

edit on 21-6-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

the direct costs of dramatically expanding immigration-enforcement agencies and courts to deport roughly 11 million people would already cost the US government an estimated $400 billion to $600 billion.

Donald Trump's deportation plan would be an economic nightmare

Hell of an investment for more Nanny State madness, todays Above Top Security members will love the idea. And I'm one of them, in a way.

Fascinating!

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Guess you've never heard of work visas

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Aye right just like this guy did i imagine.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

the direct costs of dramatically expanding immigration-enforcement agencies and courts to deport roughly 11 million people would already cost the US government an estimated $400 billion to $600 billion.

Donald Trump's deportation plan would be an economic nightmare

Hell of an investment for more Nanny State madness, todays Above Top Security members will love the idea. And I'm one of them, in a way.

Fascinating!

I wouldn't use this statistic since its been shown illegal immigration costs us $300 billion a year. That means if we spent this money even if it cost 600 billion we would make it back in 2 years and by the 3rd year saving 300 billion a year.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Including giving daca recipients amnesty os a no started for some republicans. However they might be able to make it sticky on them politically and pass it through the house. But the senate they need democrats and they won't give up the talking points this close to an election

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You really thought this through, eh? And then all the ICE folks get a new job to work the fields (and take all the other recently vacated low income jobs). Sure. Cuz that's how this.. err... "free market" works, right?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: Pyle

So I am not sure

Hello not sure. I am sure you are not sure how Trump won the Presidency either.

I very not sure about that too. How a con man conned 62 million people just because he had an R next to his name is beyond me. Like maybe if he had been smart and charismatic I could see it but he just straight up lied and people voted for his lies. It was like the watching the best worst used cars salesperson sale someone on a lemon.

Lol. Let me give ya a hint. If Trump would have run under the democratic ticket with his same ideas, he would have still won. I am one of the Democrats that the party left behind. I am a JFK kind of democrat. I want our Nation to be great. Thanks to Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush our country has suffered more than I am willing to put up with any longer. And I am not alone. The only way to stop the corruption is to try something new. Hilary was the same o same o along with all the other candidates, but Trump. If my government will not bend to the will of the people's voice, then the people put someone in that will. Trump will bend to the people's voice. LIke he just did with his EO. He is more reasonable that anyone we have had toward the citizens. So if you don't like him, good. That just means your one of the reasons I helped put him in office.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I don't think a single long wall is going to keep out most people in our modern age.

It will stop the one's that are just walking through. Then comes the design of the wall. Do you have a degree in wall building to make a statement such as that?

I think it's a waste of money that could be used on another plan to enforce immigration laws.

Well let me hear about your plan then.

I want the laws to be enforced. I don't want my tax money to be wasted on a wall and then the ongoing upkeep of that wall that will go on forever.

So what do you want your tax money to be wasted on then? Because our government is very good at wasting it. Giving it to other countries? Financing idiot studies? What about your wasted taxes on the failed school system? I for one think that putting up a defensive barrier for the protection of my family, friends, countrymen, and citizens would be the one thing it should be wasted on before it goes to into a public fund where all the greedy little politicians all over this country can get their hands on it.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: anarkyangel

Whos going to pay for it?

I think the U.S. has dealt enough money to the world that we can splurge on ourselves to ensure a more protected border.

I think you want a wall, Trump promissed a wall and he is the president, you should get your wall.

I have been around long enough to know if someone running for an office promises you something don't hold your breadth. I don't want the wall because of a promise. I want it because for it would better protect our southern border.

But its a mistake to build walls in a global economy,

Why? Are they getting rid of cargo ships and Airplanes?

i will be more comfortable with giving that money to local law enforcement in the states that share the border to help with the detection and further deportation of undocumented migrants. A wall its a step backwards imo

I would be for giving them more money also. Why can't we have both?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

If Trump would have run under the democratic ticket with his same ideas, he would have still won.

I'm right there with ya!

The only thing that might have hindered him was the pre-determined primary, but if he could have gotten the Democratic nomination, I would have voted Democrat.

That's what a lot of the posters are missing, the thing they can't seem to wrap their heads around: Party means nothing to an awful lot of people. Workable ideas and a willingness to follow through after election... that's what matters!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

If Trump would have run under the democratic ticket with his same ideas, he would have still won.

I'm right there with ya!

The only thing that might have hindered him was the pre-determined primary, but if he could have gotten the Democratic nomination, I would have voted Democrat.

That's what a lot of the posters are missing, the thing they can't seem to wrap their heads around: Party means nothing to an awful lot of people. Workable ideas and a willingness to follow through after election... that's what matters!

TheRedneck

Party's are for the people who need leaders in their lives, because they never had one to look up to and learn from.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Just to share a story with ya.

When I was still a young man I got a job building decks and fences. The guy I worked for was a great carpenter. One day he told me something I'll never forget. I got done with the job he assigned me and I wasn't sure what to do next. He said," Well do something, don't just stand around and think about it."
People have become so accustomed to overthinking a problem, that they keep kicking the part of actually doing anything about the problem down the road for the next generation to fix.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

My Daddy used to say something similar. I'd come up with a great idea and tell him about it and he'd say, "You got the easy part over with; you talked about it. Now go do it."

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join