It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Don’t worry, the Republicans, and your President, will fix it!"

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Except that nobody proved him wrong, you misdemeanor of a petty offense.

whataboutthat.jpg

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

We have tent cities in San Diego and other parts of the US. We have a homeless issue here to deal with if you are indeed worried about people worry about YOUR OWN first.

This isn't 1886 we are now a WELFARE state. People are coming here to get what they can, why do you think they do not stop in Mexico?

1) It's not a welfare state

2) Their immigration laws are harsher and they are ENFORCED!

You cant save everyone. The only way to fix this issue is to IMPROVE the standards of living in their country of origin. Not bring so many of them here that our country turns into the place they came from.

edit on 21-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Why is this the 4th most popular response among Trump fans to these issues?

It's asinine. We are all responsible, as Americans, for what our government does. Pointing out and standing against wrongdoing does not merit this trite innuendo repeated incessantly.

To turn it around on you to prove the point, why don't you go sleep in the cages and take care of the kids yourself, as you're so certain of the "righteousness" of the Trump Adminsitrations actions, eh?

Works both ways, huh.

LOL that is a legit question. Stop virtue signaling and put your money where ya mouth is pal . If I felt as you did I would find a way to personally donate from my own savings help these people or maybe there should be an option for you to adopt an illegal family.

Here is a better scenario, I would happily pay extra tax or donate a nice sum toward a border wall right this minute. Ill put my money where my mouth is if there were, in fact, a legit fund for a wall. If you dont want a wall I have no issues with a way for you to opt out putting money/taxes toward it.

Would you do the same?

There are close to 3 billion people on this planet in terrible conditions some worse than Mexico. Do you support bringing them all in the USA? YES OR NO question.

You cant save everyone. The only way to fix this issue is to improve the standards of living in their country of origin. Not bring so many of them here that our country turns into the place they came from.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It has more to do with your lazy content than anything, but if it thinking that way makes you feel better about your intellectual laziness then go for it.

I haven't seen an original thought from you in months, just constant partisan hack-speak.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

And I make no argument as to ratio of good to bad. Tell me, if you are given a bowl of M&Ms and are told that three out of that bowl are deadly and will kill you if you eat them, will you start eating? It's only three...

That analogy doesn't work .
there are bad people born american mixed in with the rest of us already. Do we call all of america unsafe because of that?
A few murders do not poison all of society.

If we add something, especially something as extravagant as providing modern comfortable housing

Something extravagant like a 2000 mile 10 foot high wall? Use the tax money that was going to pay for the wall for the housing. And yes some government spending needs to be cut and that tax money put to better use.

Fair enough. So you do agree in principle that we should disincentivize illegal border crossings?

I think a great way to do that is to incentives legal entry.

Then why is there over a year's backlog for judges to simply hear a request for asylum? Is that not the definition of overwhelmed?

Trump just sent a much of prosecutors to help fix that issue. And if what he does works will you admit that you are over exaggerating this part? Because if that part can be fixed just by sending in some more personal then they arn't as overwhelmed as you say.

Your posts seem to indicate otherwise. So far, all of your suggestions would favor an open border, except of course where you state otherwise without an explanation. Perhaps you are simply unaware of the scope of what is happening.

My suggestions have been if effort to find a better way of treating people that just want to be free and happy.
I never suggested that they just be let in with no vetting as much as they want.

Where did I give that impression?

Seems to be your main answer to the current problem. From what I gather from your post you feel as though the wall would solve the Immediate problem giving us time to fix the rest. While we wait for the wall to be built we should be looking at other options shouldn't we?

I think if that wall ever does get built your going to be disappointed in the results.
I have always been on the republicans side when it came to government wasteful spending.
The wall represents just more of that same waste to me.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: underpass61

Except that nobody proved him wrong, you misdemeanor of a petty offense.

whataboutthat.jpg

"misdemeanor of a petty offense" = "law abiding migrants"? In what universe?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It has more to do with your lazy content than anything, but if it thinking that way makes you feel better about your intellectual laziness then go for it.

I haven't seen an original thought from you in months, just constant partisan hack-speak.

Um... That is literally what you do in every thread I have ever seen by you.

GTFO of here with that loser BS.

Learn to think for yourself.

You and does'tworks should start dating.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The denial of reality on display in this thread is staggering.

It's scary to think that some of these people have driver's licenses and kids.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

OK, fine. Let's just give them a room at the local Hilton, then. We have unlimited money and the cheapest thing out there is housing.

You both just ended the flow of logic. I was wondering how long it would last.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

You cant save everyone. The only way to fix this issue is to IMPROVE the standards of living in their country of origin. Not bring so many of them here that our country turns into the place they came from.

I agree. Our government needs to stop propping up the cartels and drug trade in these countries and start helping to reverse the damage they have caused.

By the way, most immigrants coming to this country don't take advantage of our welfare programs. Why would they want to put themselves on the radar of the government?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

How so? You said we don't have any money left to spend. If that's the case how are we going to afford to pay for a new branch of our already overbloated military?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

How so? You said we don't have any money left to spend. If that's the case how are we going to afford to pay for a new branch of our already overbloated military?

There are 195 countries in the world but only ones responsibility to fix it?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

If we're going to detain these people, then yes it is our responsibility to house and treat them in a humane way.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

That analogy doesn't work .
there are bad people born american mixed in with the rest of us already. Do we call all of america unsafe because of that?
A few murders do not poison all of society.

The difference is we already try to remove the bad people from American society. Just because we have some here, it does not mean we should import more.

My analogy stands. One is not forced to eat the M&Ms.

Something extravagant like a 2000 mile 10 foot high wall? Use the tax money that was going to pay for the wall for the housing. And yes some government spending needs to be cut and that tax money put to better use.

Again, I think you fail to comprehend the scale of the issue.

I think a great way to do that is to incentives legal entry.

All carrot and no stick? That doesn't work well. We need to do both.

Trump just sent a much of prosecutors to help fix that issue. And if what he does works will you admit that you are over exaggerating this part? Because if that part can be fixed just by sending in some more personal then they arn't as overwhelmed as you say.

Prosecutors are not judges. Didn't you earlier complain that he wasn't sending in defenders as well?

My suggestions have been if effort to find a better way of treating people that just want to be free and happy.
I never suggested that they just be let in with no vetting as much as they want.

That is what we have now... no vetting whatsoever. Some of the children being separated we know are being separated from their traffickers. Some of those seeking asylum are in actuality running drugs. We simply do not know who we are dealing with, because there is nothing to prove who they are.

I understand you do not care for harsh treatment of those entering. I agree. Putting a barrier to their illegal entry is not harsh... if it is, perhaps you should be looking to Mexico as the problem instead of the US.

Seems to be your main answer to the current problem. From what I gather from your post you feel as though the wall would solve the Immediate problem giving us time to fix the rest. While we wait for the wall to be built we should be looking at other options shouldn't we?

I'm all for that. So let's start the wall so we can get to looking for more temporary solutions. As long as we are arguing over the long-term solutions, we can't look for temporary solutions.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The whole point of the wall is to not have to detain them.

Just don't let them in.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

So you want facilities built.

That will house families until they are granted entry or not.

How are these not detention facilities in and of themselves?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

So you want facilities built.

That will house families until they are granted entry or not.

How are these not detention facilities in and of themselves?

They were told the kids are in "concentration camps" right now, so yes they actually think this is a logical suggestion. They don't realize what they're pushing for is actually what's being done, because they've been misinformed, as usual.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
a reply to: ketsuko

I understand what principle means. You're comparing apples and oranges. We need laws and they do work.

Not all the time.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I mean next thing you know, they'll have to build a fence around these villages for security reasons...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Show me a semi-recent thread I've made that uses partisan hack-speak or uses information spoon fed to me on a silver platter. There's absolutely no original thought anywhere in the OP, just a picture, a video and a few memes. Wow, what great content! Not.

Learn to think for yourself.

What makes you think I don't? Seriously, I'm curious. Read the OP without looking at who authored it and it could literally be dozens of other members on these boards because it's so unoriginal and by the numbers hack-speak that it's almost cringe-worthy.
edit on 6/21/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join