It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Don’t worry, the Republicans, and your President, will fix it!"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Fair enough, and if it is well built and does not work, I will admit it was a bad idea. However, we have centuries of evidence that walls do prevent entry into the area they surround as long as they are strong enough tall enough. We use them to control entry and exit into houses and buildings all the time. I would be willing to bet you have walls in your home. I do in mine; they work extremely well for me.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Make them pinky swear as well.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

As one poster here said, we have four walls and a roof. This is only one wall.

BTW I've posted few links on why the wall wouldn't work.

I truly hope that adding more walls would be quite effective.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I should be looking at 3rd party people or better yet actually listening to the individuals that are running and see what they have to say about this issue. And then vote for whoever is closest to what I like no mater what party it is.

Shades of Robert E. Lee, I think you got it!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
This picture struck me funny I just had to post it.

That's Mexico on the right.

Tijuana probably the most dangerous place to visit along the US border.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I googled and found this:
www.smartertravel.com...

Doesn't seem to be any different from certain European countries.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   

As one poster here said, we have four walls and a roof. This is only one wall.

Ummm... no. I have one continuous wall surrounding my house that covers every point where someone can enter without a wall being there. In that sense, it is longer than the border wall because the wall around my house is infinite.

The roof is not there to keep out intruders. It is there to keep out rain and maintain temperature inside. That's not an issue along the border. Rain is considered a good thing along most of it, and temperatures are not an issue.

That was the problem with the farmer and his partial fence. His fence wasn't long enough.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   

How do you punish Helen Keller?
Put her in a round room and tell her to sit in the corner!

Kidding aside, the point is one wall is way easier to get around than walls around a place, like with your example of that farmer.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I googled and found this:
www.smartertravel.com...

Doesn't seem to be any different from certain European countries.

I guess if you lived in Ukraine that might be more dangerous but i doubt it .

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

So just a roof and no walls is more secure? We are discussing walls and the effectiveness of said walls to keep out most people.

I don't think a single long wall is going to keep out most people in our modern age.

I think it's a waste of money that could be used on another plan to enforce immigration laws.

I want the laws to be enforced. I don't want my tax money to be wasted on a wall and then the ongoing upkeep of that wall that will go on forever.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

You mean fake passports.

I don't see how a fake passport that an illegal can throw away as soon as they land could be tracked so easily that it doesn't bare mentioning.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

So you admit that those metaphorical walls work just as well as a physical one.

So why not a border force like the navy, army, air force?

Why does it have to be a money wasting wall.

Unless you think a wall works better than the navy, army , air force.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

So just a roof and no walls is more secure? We are discussing walls and the effectiveness of said walls to keep out most people.

I don't think a single long wall is going to keep out most people in our modern age.

I think it's a waste of money that could be used on another plan to enforce immigration laws.

I want the laws to be enforced. I don't want my tax money to be wasted on a wall and then the ongoing upkeep of that wall that will go on forever.

Walls work thousands of years prove that. Great example is China is building a new wall along its border with north korea. Problem is can you get the same results doing something that costs less money. I think the money we would spend could be used to secure the border and have enough left to tackle the problem.

The problem is simple in central and south America people cant survive. They need help but instead countries ignore their plight and wait until the refugees show up at the door.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Someone already explained that with citation.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is if you meant the Great Wall of China? The North Korea example is just building a DMZ which is a terrible idea especially when we are working on the NK peace process.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Kidding aside, the point is one wall is way easier to get around than walls around a place, like with your example of that farmer.

That's true enough, but there are also things called "natural barriers" that we can take into account. Most people can't walk across the seafloor, or traverse the Big Bend area, or fly. We also have the Coast Guard who do a wonderful job of intercepting boats. So if the wall extends from natural barrier to natural barrier, it will probably be long enough.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

In that sense, it is longer than the border wall because the wall around my house is infinite.

Lol That can not be argued with. lol

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

In that sense, it is longer than the border wall because the wall around my house is infinite.

Lol That can not be argued with. lol

This is very, very effective.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Sorry but our modern history proves that walls don't work.

The walls that worked were from a time without planes or modern digging equipment. they worked in a time before anyone could google how to make a bomb from simple materials.

A wall would work in NK because of that same reason I pointed out. The NK are not modern like the mexican cartels are.

A wall is not going to keep mexican cartels from getting their drugs into america. And that is arguably the most dangerous of the people this wall is supposed to stop right?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Maybe grant them path to citizenship if they can solve this?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Yep, no one can get us if we rap the country up like that!

And once the walls are all around us we will finally be safe.

It's the only way.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join