It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible link found between diabetes and common white pigment

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

"Our initial findings raise the possibility that Type 2 diabetes could be a chronic crystal-associated inflammatory disease of the pancreas, similar to chronic crystal-caused inflammatory diseases of the lung such as silicosis and asbestosis," Heller said.

In the mid-20th century, titanium dioxide pigment replaced highly toxic lead-based pigments. It became the most commonly used white pigment in paints and in foods, medications, toothpaste, cosmetics, plastics and paper. As a result, annual production of titanium dioxide has increased by 4 million tons since the 1960s.

Science Daily

Well, wouldn't this be quite a resolution to a long standing medical issue? Is it the diet, the fats, the complex sugars, exercise?

How about titanium poisoning?

The sample for the study is very small, eleven cases, but it looks as though it deserves more study. Imagine the repercussion on the industry if another culprit were found as asbestos or lead paint were?

"The increased use of titanium dioxide over the last five decades could be a factor in the Type 2 diabetes epidemic," Heller said. "The dominant T2D-associated pancreatic particles consist of TiO2 crystals, which are used as a colorant in foods, medications and indoor wall paint, and they are transported to the pancreas in the bloodstream. The study raises the possibility that humanity's increasing use of TiO2 pigment accounts for part of the global increase in the incidence of T2D."

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

How tho?

The pancreas is a mid stage digestive gland, not even an organ. It does not directly 'touch' anything that comes into the body, it regulates blood sugar and insulin (mainly).
I am thinking other organs are affected and it in turn makes the panaceas work harder and become tired. Basically, the basics of why type 2 happens, maybe they should look closer at the organs that actually filters poisons ... the liver and kidneys.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I think its like nano grade TD that goes into all the quality 'white' bar deodorants (Axe etc).

Stuff does wonders on them BO microbeasties too.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

How tho?

It would appear it crystallizes the pancreas, inhibiting its blood-sugar regulation.

Earlier studies have established the uptake and pathologies associated with TiO2 nanocrystals(1−9) and of the larger pigment-grade TiO2 particles.(10−21) Animal studies,(22) and a study of factory workers,(23) have shown that inhaled pigment-grade TiO2 crystals enter the bloodstream.(23) Animal studies,(22) and a study of human volunteers,(24) show that also ingested TiO2 crystals enter the bloodstream. The crystals are phagocytized and are inflammatory.(25−30) By binding to and activating the NLRP3(NALP3) inflammasome,(12,31−33) a macromolecular complex found in macrophages, neutrophils, platelets, and microglia, the TiO2 crystals cause inflammatory cascades leading to death of proximal cells.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The skin is an organ. Using deodorants with titanium dioxide in armpits....right were a lot of lymph nodes are.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

One school of thought is that Alzheimer's Disease is caused by an inflammatory response called the Complement Cascade.

Surprising enough, white dyes have been found to inhibit the Complement Cascade in brains containing the a-beta amyloid associated with Alzheimer's.

Just thought it interesting with the white dye topic.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

One school of thought is that Alzheimer's Disease is caused by an inflammatory response called the Complement Cascade.

Surprising enough, white dyes have been found to inhibit the Complement Cascade in brains containing the a-beta amyloid associated with Alzheimer's.

Good stuff. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Interesting.

I had previously proposed that T2D bloomed alongside of water flouridation, but flouridated toothpaste use also correlates, too.

With Fluoride, there is an inhibitory effect on insulin effectiveness, which is why flouride based preservatives are used at the bottom of pathology sample test tubes to be used for HbA1c assay. The now standard Grey-Top Tube uses Potassium Oxalate (anticoagulant) & Sodium Fluoride (preservative).

Effectiveness of sodium fluoride as a preservative of glucose in blood. - NCBI PubMed

Perhaps toothpaste use delivers a double blow to insulin sensitivity?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This could be possible, titanium poisoning could effect many organs. People think that the pancrease only does one or two things, it does many things. It even secretes chemistry into the digestive system to help with proper utilization of food chemistry. If the titanium disrupts proper signals or processes in the pancrease it could cause a mixture of problems. I wouldn't have guessed diabetes, but according to the article, it is a contributing factor.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Imagine the repercussion on the industry if another culprit were found as asbestos or lead paint were?

I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

This is why some regulations are needed.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Titanium dioxide in a nano form is now a high tech motor oil additive. Not the kind of oil additive you pour into the engine in your driveway, the kind that's actually used by oil companies in their formulations.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

B
Not to detract from your post. It's a topic of interest. I've done some research into myself.

futurism.com...

"

"Researchers from Canada and China have found evidence that the proteins that induce Alzheimers may originate from outside the brain. "

Beta-amyloids can be produced anywhere in the body, and they are capable of permeating the cells between blood vessels and the brain’s gray matter. 

edit on 22-6-2018 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
For the sake of Research.

People of different racial and ethnic groups are more likely to develop type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and stroke. African Americans, Mexican Americans, American Indians, Native Hawaiians, Pacific Islanders and Asian Americans have a higher risk for these deadly diseases.Mar 21, 2017

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

How tho?

The pancreas is a mid stage digestive gland, not even an organ. It does not directly 'touch' anything that comes into the body, it regulates blood sugar and insulin (mainly).
I am thinking other organs are affected and it in turn makes the panaceas work harder and become tired. Basically, the basics of why type 2 happens, maybe they should look closer at the organs that actually filters poisons ... the liver and kidneys.

I mentioned this topic in passing to my wife. Unknown to me (or, I just wasn't paying attention), her job in FL was working with tremendous amounts of titanium oxide, in a PVC pipe making place. She'd come home *white*. Guess who formed diabetes in FL. (spoiler: ME) Which was a complete mystery as to how...

What I wanna know is how to reverse this.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

From what I know... You cant. You can only control it.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

a reply to: wylekat

From what I know... You cant. You can only control it.

*insert swear words here*
Well, I'm going to ask my doctor to see if I can trial the tb vaccine that seems to control it for 5 years a shot.
edit on 25-6-2018 by wylekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Maybe the thing in question is a beta blocker. That would shut down the pancreas.

edit on 25-6-2018 by Logarock because: n

top topics

join