It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So no one cares about US families being separated???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
For me the shock doesn't come from what the government is doing or the lies surrounding it. Governments can get out of hand and become tyrannical and they often tend to.

My shock comes from the fact that so many forgot about our constitution, any Christian values they claim to hold and all that -- we're all created equal, inherent human rights and all that -- in order to make apologies for this horrific behavior.

If nothing else, the recent protesting and activism showed us that it is the only way to get things changed when we see injustice.

You accepted it when it was and still is happening to Mostly black families in America... But now all the sudden you grew a heart? But only for the newly arrived immigrants? I'm confused.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: CB328

They dont even care about kids. They care about votes

Of course people care, you are insane.

Well, if you care, there are Tons of families continuing to be seperated over having THC in their system and other ridiculous things.

But you are ready to pack your bags and run to the border to help these Other people though...

You are aware Trump is anti pot and this war on drugs will only get more severe....

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Kharron

My point is where was the outrage before the media made it into one?

Point taken.

And now that it's been brought to our attention, albeit a bit late it seems, does it lessen the horror somehow?

Some would try to make it seem so, but this is not natural thinking, which is why most are at odds with it.

Or maybe it's just not as horrible as they made it seem.

Do you know we have a law in the US that says you either have to go get a teaching degree and homeschool your kids, foregoing a career, OR, the other option is:

They SEPERATE your kids from you, for 8 hours a day, from age 5 to 18. 5 days a week, except holidays and 3 months in the summer.

For 13 years straight they have most of your child's attention and influence them the most.

Imagine what you could do with someone if they were forced to sit in a desk for 8 hours a day doing, reading, learning, saying, whatever you tell them to.

I can tell you that I would teach them something useful in that time. If school is mandatory, shouldn't there be crucial information in there and not just how to be a good slave for the corps.

Yeah, they basically kidnap your kids from you, and are free to fill their minds with all the BS they want and you can't do anything about it. Unless you're rich enough to not have to work so you can afford to homeschool.

There are plenty of "Seperated Family" situations we could be outraged at. Complete with crying children for the cameras. But for some reason we are only supposed to be angry about the situation that can make Trump look bad.

Reuniting black families doesn't accomplish that goal so it's off the table.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well, if you care, there are Tons of families continuing to be seperated over having THC in their system and other ridiculous things.

But you are ready to pack your bags and run to the border to help these Other people though...

You are aware Trump is anti pot and this war on drugs will only get more severe....

Gosh, now I'm scared... I better not vote for him then, huh?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: mkultra11

Then why are all the republican commentators who back everything trump does bashing it??

Literally both sides AND TRUMP just did a bipartisan fake outrage buffet..

Everyone all across the political spectrum is acting outraged... well except those who don’t want immigrants at all in the first place and are happy to see the families seperated..

Something no politician is saying right now.

So, if you're not outraged then that means you are "happy to see the families seperated"?

Your brain was working for a second when you are this thread, but now you're back to this type of divisive "either with us or against us" black and white thinking...how very, disappointing.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Gosh, now I'm scared... I better not vote for him then, huh?

You choose how you vote based on a level of fear ?

Each to their own i guess....

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
No, entirely wrong and dishonest. As usual, Josh Cox lying to support the bitter leftists.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is NOT Trump's policy - it is common sense. Where else do the children of criminals have to go? They can't take care of themselves. And Not being arrested for breaking the law simply isn't an option. Zero tolerance is the only answer. Our population is already far too high, we certainly don't need illegals flooding over the border.

Further, their kids WILL BE RETURNED when they're deported and repatriated to their actual country/home - which isn't the United States, obviously. They don't belong here unless they enter through an authorized port at an authorized time for an authorized reason.

Otherwise, no exception. And Dems are responsible for encouraging illegals, which automatically and logically causes the parents to be separated from the children. I've never heard of kids being allowed to stay with parents while incarcerated - absolutely mad.

NO ONE wants to see kids separated from their mom/dad (except the parent(s) who illegally border-cross, apparently, because otherwise they'd have stayed home in their actual country of residence)

However, what are the other choices? There are none. The only other choice is to let the children roam the country unaccompanied, with no shelter/food/support/safety/etc. That is NOT an option.

The only viable option is for the parents to be responsible and NOT commit child abuse by forcing their children to tag along while they break US laws.

Further, kids will be returned to ANY family member that produces valid ID or confirms their ID via fingerprinting/other methods. Also, when the parents/children are repatriated to their actual country (where they actually LIVE) the kids go too.

This is NOT a Trump policy anymore than it was Obama's policy or Bush's policy. It doesn't just affect ILLEGALS either. It affects US Citizens who are arrested for breaking the law when their kids have nowhere else to go. Minors can't simply be left to fend for themselves.

I can't believe Josh Cox is suggesting we just allow young children to roam unattended so they can be victims to kidnappers and sexual predators. Didn't know you supported those disgusting things Josh Cox.
Despicable person/ideology.

edit on 6/21/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

A) do you have split personalities or what?!?! Lol

One day you sound fairly reasonable the next you are calling folks liars and spouting rightwing propaganda talking points..

Maybe you have gotten really into Hannity and Alex Jones lately lol..

I’m not gonna call you a liar as you haven’t contradicted ANYTHING I HAVE SAID HERE..

I guess you read the title without reading any posts lol..

B) No I’m right..

The law hasn’t changed but the enforcement ABSOLUTELY has changed.. by the account of everyone not a trump lap dog, including Ben Shapiro. Who is likely the most popular conservative pundit these days..

Obama chose not to prosecute any parents with minors and just send them back “no harm no foul”. Probably because he knew screaming children would be a PR nightmare.. which is probably why Previous PresidentS have done he same..

Trump decided every single one must be prosecuted under zero tolerance. Prosecution takes time , resources and almost requires jail time since it isn’t like they have money to levy fines..

Jail time requires separating children..

Phillip defranco highlighted some attorney general specifically saying this went from a 1-2 seperated families every six months to 2,000 seperated families in 2 months..

So Trump demogoged himself into this situation by promising to prosecute every person AS A DETERRANT NOT TO COME BACK AGAIN ILLEGALLY. I assume either everyone was to afraid to tell him the OBVIOUS UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES, or he was to egotistical to listen.. since previous presidents have dodged this particular sand trap and Trump jumped into it head first.

The Whole argument was that “catch and release” meant they came right back.

C) you literally went on a rant that didn’t even touch anything I said and conveniently worded it like ANYONE was discussing the base law in the first place lmao
edit on 21-6-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

No I am consistent. So I am outraged that the US government has been separating families for things that were never a saftey issue in the first place FOREVER..

Well ATLEAST on a gigantic scale since the implementation of the war on drugs and using the police departments as revenue generators.

Because I’m consistent..

I don’t believe Juanita broadricks ridiculous 20 year old rape story with no evidence she ever even met bill Clinton..

I don’t believe plane chic’s ridiculous story about being sexually assaulted on an airplane by trump..

Because I’m consistent..

edit on 21-6-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

If your being honest about believing the war on drugs has been arguably the most destructive policy in US history . Then yea.. that’s exactly what that should mean..

Every monumentally destructive policy in modern American history has been a conservative policy. Because the past sucks and the only change the right is ever offering is a return to the past..

Because That’s the dictionary definition of rightwing..

Traditions >new change..

The patriot act, the war on drugs, citizens united, net nutrality, cutting welfare social security and Medicare, the war on terror, the Iraq war, right to work states, exc, exc, exc

Even things like glasdegal that led to the recession were conservative policies passed by conservative Democrats.

People always forget bill and hillary clinylton have ALWAYS BEEN the most conservative Democrats. That was their major selling point in the 90s and how Bill won the presidency.

They didnt decide they were liberals till after they got out of office and didn’t have any power..

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

sad to see you are lost in the woods on this issue.

it is against the law to rape and kidnap in the usa

does not matter if you are a fed or an immigrant

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
1% of immigrants are part of rape and drug smuggling.

That means we are making the exception the rule and that is a democratic tactic used to garner support for things like allowing a penis into the woman's restrooms and the list goes on and on.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Gave you a Flag bud. Gotta go and dig up some dirt on Mad Maxine

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

are you saying the 'separation' is good and ok for immigrants, but bad for US citizens? Or are saying the 'separation' is abd for all? It's not very clear.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join