It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So no one cares about US families being separated???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

My shock comes from the fact that so many forgot about our constitution

Explain that one....
No , wait. Maybe you should not even try.
Maybe , you should go over the US Constitution first.

Start here

The Constitution of the United States: A Transcription

If you cannot get to a US government site , let me know and I will post another link.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Horror? I mean in what context? The horror of a child being sent alone across the borders with no parent? The horror of unaccompanied children being kidnapped into child sex trafficking? Drowning trying to cross the river alone for their dead bodies to be picked up? How about the illegals that get in and then kill or rape and American children? Or the horrors if MS 13 infiltrating middle schools?

Me personally? Do I have to pick one? Or two? And then I can categorize the rest of them as a-ok, so I can make myself feel better at night?

Or can I be outraged about all of it because it's all reprehensible and uncivilized?
edit on 20-6-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

Then why are all the republican commentators who back everything trump does bashing it??

Literally both sides AND TRUMP just did a bipartisan fake outrage buffet..

Everyone all across the political spectrum is acting outraged... well except those who don’t want immigrants at all in the first place and are happy to see the families seperated..

Something no politician is saying right now.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

So how much will it cost to House whole families while they are prosecuted??

It cost 40k per prisoner , per year on average in the worst possible accommodations..

How much will it cost to House whole families in child worthy conditions?!

100k a year??

200 k a year??

This is likely to be the most expensive move in immigration history.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Maybe Jeff Sessions and his prison system buddies are making bank on it? Would you put it past them to create a law they profit on?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

We need clearer definitions for asylum (if applicable) and illegal entry.

The way asylum works now iirc is that you need to already be within the country.

I would oppose any sort of in country detention for those entering illegally and instead (as much as I despise the thought of larger gov't) more resources to this.

Immigration can't and shouldn't be halted.

Illegal immigration needs to be addressed.

Asylum needs to be separate and be making steps toward expedience with validation(s).

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Oh, speak for yourself.

Not only did I advocate for artificial intelligence assisted judges, lawyers and congresspeople in a thread here last month, I have also advocated for a complete dismantling and re-imagining of the entire legal system -- from the ground up -- for decades.

No victim = no crime, period.

As to the so-called "war on drugs," decriminalize everything (no exceptions) ala Portugual. The only thing the current system is protecting is for-profit prisons and cop unions, and neither are worthy of our protection at the expense of our neighbors.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Yup...

I just don’t see why it is only a national issue when it’s immigration related???

I think the war on drugs has been the worst debacle in US history..

Millions of lives ruined.. countless families seperated..

All so the state governments can milk the local population and the federal government..

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Gothmog

So how much will it cost to House whole families while they are prosecuted??

It cost 40k per prisoner , per year on average in the worst possible accommodations..

How much will it cost to House whole families in child worthy conditions?!

100k a year??

200 k a year??

This is likely to be the most expensive move in immigration history.

Wow , my post went way over somneone's head.
The post was about the Constitution containing anything of allowing illegal immigration.
Remember , this entire situation snowballed with Barry and the "Dream Act" . Which violated Federal Immigration Laws.
Sotero constantly "wrote checks with his mouth (phone and pen) his a__ could not cash"

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

What do you think “prosecute everyone “ means lol????

It means they are forced to face charges here for illegal entry BEFORE BEING RELEASED..

Bush and obama weren’t letting them stay.. they weren’t prosecuting them and instead just sending them straight home.

To be tougher on illegals all they can do is jail them here...

Maybe they give them six months for the crime of entering illegally. Then they ship them back.

I’m sure some they give time served to so they can expediare the process.

Charging them with a crime is inherently going to take longer ...

Just shipping them home takes less paperwork.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The prosecute everyone was meant as a deterrent. I don't think it worked but would need to see stats.

Media made a circus based on spin and here we are.

The fact that parents are subjecting their children to all kinds of atrocities before even getting the the US should also, or even more important, part of the equation.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

It hasn’t had time to work..

They went from separating 1-2 families every 6 months to separating 2,000 in 2 months..

Obama and bush were using catch and release..

The same thing you are advocating now lol.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I'm not advocating for catch and release as it was used under Bush and O.

Those laws allowed the detainee back into the US to wait for a court date.

I'm saying a stronger border to funnel and if they are to be released, it's not on US soil

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

No but you can blame him for CHANGING the previous presidentS(multiple) decision to use prosecutorial discretion not to charge parents with kids to avoid this PR nightmare..

No he can’t be blamed for what might be an inherently bad law, but he can be blamed for doubling down on a law everyone already knew was bad..

As personified by the fact he has kinda gone to the wall to fix it.

If the law isn’t bad. Why is he trying to fix it?

The same thing happened under Obama, so that isn't true. Also, Obama exacerbated the problem by ordering border patrol not to enforce the law and it had nothing to do with protecting children. Crossing the border is incredibly treacherous and used for human and drug smuggling. Polticians do not want to solve problems, they want to cause problems, it keeps them in business.

Trump is doing his job as president and enforcing the laws that these politicians have created and thoroughly exposing their ineptitude. So we all know these are bad laws (generally speaking) that Trump is enforcing, bit hes the bad guy and the Nazi? Explain how that makes sense. You cant because it doesn't. What if Trump the solution when hes supposedly the problem? Case in point: North Korea.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The same thing happened under obama 1-2 times every 6 months..

BECAUSE HE CHOSE NOT TO PROSECUTE THOSE WITH MINORS..

Trump decided prosecuting every case was a good idea..

Which led to The Whole “families being seperated” exploding.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I was lucky enough to be born in the u.s I pray that I will not ever have so much despair and hopelessness that I would trek thousands of miles to provide a better life for my children. if they have the guts, will, determination, the willingness to take care of their own and live a law abiding life...I would welcome them with open arms.

Perhaps we could increase border security while slightly raising the number of immigrants we allow from the countries in question, in the long run we will have a smaller amount of immigrants and less crime if we instill a strict vetting process. The immigrants would be vetted and accounted for and we would have less illegal immigration. Win, win in my opinion

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Assuming you are speaking on behalf of all those that have legitimate asylum cases, I would agree.

I for one am not at all opposed to more expedience as it involves immigration and asylum seekers (with plenty of evidence), even though I am opposed to more government.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

The ones who were not charged would not have a court date....

They were sending them straight home with no penalty.

“Catch and release” never meant “release into the US.. it meant release them at the Mexico border and a lot of times the come right back.

They prosecute them and give them jail time ON THE AMERICAN TAX PAYER’s tab, as a deterrent not to cross illegally again.

You gotta love the propaganda circus...

They intentionally imply the worst case scenerio and pretend like that is the norm.

The democrat plan has ALWAYS been to check them out when they get busted. If they have a criminal past or no functioning skills send them home and let the good ones stay. Giving them a fast path to citizenship. With only maybe a little fine for the illegal crossing..

The republican plan has always been “every single one must be prosecuted, then go home then reapply legally”.

Thus far the gop has consistently won that fight.. so the law is “everyone must be prosecuted, then go home and wait years reapplying..

The democrats want them here because 70+% vote dem..

The republicans want them gone because like 70% vote democrat..

So the gop villinizes tbem and puts as many penalties and restrictions as possible and the democrats over glorify them..

The right just masterfully changes the argument to where they have the left defending a position that no one even wants to do..

No one wants rapists and killers roaming the streets.. that’s ridiculous..

No one wants totally open borders and for the country to start speaking Spanish..

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

What’s a legitimate asylum case and who doesn’t meet that standard lol?

If the cartel’s are right next door killing a hundred people a week??

If your country has a dictator??

Even more importantly how the hell do you check their stories???

They don’t have social security numbers...

Best case they don’t have a record so you have NO intel on them.. so you have to believe everything they tell you.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Catch and release also does in fact mean release them in the US. If that is where they were detained, awaiting a court date.

No one wants totally open borders and for the country to start speaking Spanish..

There is plenty of evidence to the contrary right here on ATS.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join