It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So no one cares about US families being separated???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: JoshuaCox

People obviously aren't mad about the fact that families are being forcibly split up... Because as you point out, it happens all the time.

The real reason people are mad, is because its all over their tv, atm. Their being forced to face some brutal facts of reality... which interferes with their little blissfully ignorant existence.

Basically, people are protesting because they don't won't to be put in a position where they have to acknowledge it.

That is very interesting.

Something to think on!

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

People obviously aren't mad about the fact that families are being forcibly split up... Because as you point out, it happens all the time.

The real reason people are mad, is because its all over their tv, atm. Their being forced to face some brutal facts of reality... which interferes with their little blissfully ignorant existence.

Basically, people are protesting because they don't won't to be put in a position where they have to acknowledge it.

Uep, bc the media TOLD them to be outraged. Anyonw over emotional abput this are poltical hacks or victims of msm gaslighting. Well, Trump fixed it. Whats the the next outrage of the day?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Kharron

My point is where was the outrage before the media made it into one?

Point taken.

And now that it's been brought to our attention, albeit a bit late it seems, does it lessen the horror somehow?

Some would try to make it seem so, but this is not natural thinking, which is why most are at odds with it.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It didn’t have to be planned...

Trump decided to prosecute every case.. previous presidentS have chilosen not to prosecute those with kids , not because they care about the kids, but because they didn’t want the PR nightmare that crying toddlers would make..

It’s the same reason they don’t want the “dreamers” deported. They don’t care about a bunch of people they do t know.. they know the PR nightmare of English speaking children being carted off by jack booted thugs would be a disaster..

Trump trump doesn’t have anyone he trusts to tell him win a move will have VERY OBVIOUS “unintended” consequences..

He does whatever sounds good at that moment.

link   

Don't you think the larger question should be that if this has been going on and it is known, why are parents still exposing their children to the horrors that it takes to get them here if they know all it entails?

link   

I will not stop. It's ridiculous that people launch headlong into their outrage without once considering history, logistics or laws.

And I'm not asking you to stop speaking or stop having an opinion, I never would.

I'm just saying stop trying to make the fringe opinion seem like a majority, we have eyes and ears.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

Yup..

If abortion was illegal tomorrow 98% of all that prolife money dries up instantly.. and the pro choice side starts donating like gang busters..

Ya gotta think that dynamic plays a role.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Don't you think the larger question should be that if this has been going on and it is known, why are parents still exposing their children to the horrors that it takes to get them here if they know all it entails?

Absolutely not. How could that be a larger question?

First we need to make sure we don't break any human rights or treat people like cattle, then we can focus on the socioeconomic issues behind it. To put the two side by side and paint them as equal should be a crime.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Pick an argument Josh.

Is it because they "know" it will be a PR nightmare or because it's not planned?

Regardless of what we think Trump knows or doesn't, we do know that the media will report anything he does.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Absolutely not. How could that be a larger question?

This is why I doubt all the virtue signaling that's been tossed around.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Oh no you can be arrested o the side of the road with no felony..

Don’t have the bond money??

Well then you can EASILY spend the 3-4 weeks seperated.,

Unless your rich they will throw you in a concrete box here for little to nothing..

That’s what happens when you allow the police departments to keep the money they generate. They generate more money.
edit on 20-6-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

My point is where was the outrage before the media made it into one?

Point taken.

And now that it's been brought to our attention, albeit a bit late it seems, does it lessen the horror somehow?

Some would try to make it seem so, but this is not natural thinking, which is why most are at odds with it.

Horror? I mean in what context? The horror of a child being sent alone across the borders with no parent? The horror of unaccompanied children being kidnapped into child sex trafficking? Drowning trying to cross the river alone for their dead bodies to be picked up? How about the illegals that get in and then kill or rape and American children? Or the horrors if MS 13 infiltrating middle schools?

No, its evil Trump and ICE agents running concentration camps with Nazi comparisons and separating roughly children from their parent with a criminal record?

Its selective outrage, ita dishonest misleading and dangerous. To make it worse its entirely intentional.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Of course, but you can't blame Trump for that.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Everyobe knew it would be a PR nightmare except for trump. And trump has demogoged himself into publicly promising to prosecute everyone..

Then everyone is afraid to tell trump no and he doesn’t trust anyone but himself if they did..

That’s my guesss..

Obviously other presidents were smart enough to avoid this little sand trap and trump didn’t have a back up plan ready to avoid it when he launched his “prosecute everyone “ plan..

If trump saw it comming he would have signed this first.. then launched “prosecute everyone”.

Obama and bush must have seen it comming or they wouldn’t have been using their prosecutorial discretion to avoid prosecuting parents with kids..

The law says prosecute everyone.. so someone made the decision to avoid the sand trap trump decided to step into.

Seems like the overall is pretty easy math to me.

edit on 20-6-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

A trip through google would indicate that you are incorrect.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

My guess is that he wanted to put this in congress's lap. Handle it at the statutes instead (or from the context of) media.

The way I understand the Trump strategy is that he stirs up a new hornets nest, waits, then does something about it.

To be clear I am not OK with an EO. There are laws on the books. Some old that can be tossed out or modified to remedy the problems. Maybe some new ones but I would need convincing in that scenario.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

If you show a picture of some kids sleeping on the floor in what looks like a cage of course people will be upset. But if you tell them the truth behind that picture you might be surprised at who they are upset with and why.

Case in point: the viral picture that some democrats were tweeting and posting on fb about railing against Trump and his lack of caring for these poor suffering children. Turns out that pic was from 2014 and it was obama who didn't care about the poor suffering children. Did the democrats keep railing against the inhumanity? No. They deleted the tweets and posts and pretended it never happened. It wasn't the children's welfare they were concerned about after all, was it...

The law that made it possible was from 1996 signed into law and implemented by clinton. It was determined, by democrats, that holding children in detention centers for more than 20 days was not in their best interests, so, the children were removed and placed in foster sponsor families, usually other family members. Now the democrats are complaining that these children are being separated from their parents. So, we change the law again to put the children back in the detention centers where they were before the democrats started beating the "what about the children" drum again. Four Presidents have had an opportunity to do something about it but only one did. Trump.
edit on 20-6-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

My guess is that he wanted to put this in congress's lap. Handle it at the statutes instead (or from the context of) media.

The way I understand the Trump strategy is that he stirs up a new hornets nest, waits, then does something about it.

To be clear I am not OK with an EO. There are laws on the books. Some old that can be tossed out or modified to remedy the problems. Maybe some new ones but I would need convincing in that scenario.

You basically nailed it right there.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

No but you can blame him for CHANGING the previous presidentS(multiple) decision to use prosecutorial discretion not to charge parents with kids to avoid this PR nightmare..

No he can’t be blamed for what might be an inherently bad law, but he can be blamed for doubling down on a law everyone already knew was bad..

As personified by the fact he has kinda gone to the wall to fix it.

If the law isn’t bad. Why is he trying to fix it?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join