It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So no one cares about US families being separated???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
All this fake outrage is just ridiculous..

The US seperates US families on a regular daily basis for minor infractions that were not even remotely safety issues in the first place..

How many families has the war on drugs seperated??

How many for unpaid fines or traffic tickets??

That is the reason people are mad right?? They are splitting up families when the person hasn’t really done anything that directly hurt anyone?? Right??

No one cares if a rapist, murderer or thief has their family seperated..

Well how many people in America are incarcerated today that fit that exact same dynamic??

A suspended license is kinda a fair representation of an illegal entry crime right??

How many families have been seperated because someone was caught in the suspended license trap?? Where your license gets suspended for driving while suspended. When there really was no real crime in the first place???

Countless....

And this isn’t a plea to separate more children.. 2 wrongs DO NOT make it right..

It is a plea to realize we do the same things to Americans for little or nothing and no one bats an eye...

We have spent the last couple hundred years of making random laws and we rarely clear the chaf..

There are still laws on the books about interracial marriage within the last couple years and “parking your horse in town on a sunday” type laws have never even been removed.

This has led to just thousands of laws and a big portion of those meant to generate revenue and Not protect public safety.

I find it dishonest and kinda disgusting that people are pretending it is horrible when it happens to immigrants, but don’t make a peep as it happens to their neighbors.

edit on 20-6-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
All this fake outrage is just ridiculous..

The US seperates US families on a regular daily basis for minor infractions that were not even remotely safety issues in the first place..

How many families has the war on drugs seperated??

How many for unpaid fines or traffic tickets??

That is the reason people are mad right?? They are splitting up families when the person hasn’t really done anything that directly hurt anyone?? Right??

Well how many people in America are incarcerated today that fit that exact same dynamic??

A suspended license is kinda a fair representation of an illegal entry crime right??

How many families have been seperated because someone was caught in the suspended license trap?? Where your license gets suspended for driving while suspended. When there really was no real crime in the first place???

Countless....

And this isn’t a plea to separate more children.. 2 wrongs DO NOT make it right..

It is a plea to realize we do the same things to Americans for little or nothing and no one bats an eye...

We have spent the last couple hundred years of making random laws and we rarely clear the chaf..

There are still laws on the books about interracial marriage within the last couple years and “parking your horse in town on a sunday” type laws have never even been removed.

This has led to just thousands of laws and a big portion of those meant to generate revenue and Not protect public safety.

I find it dishonest and kinda disgusting that people are pretending it is horrible when it happens to immigrants, but don’t make a peep as it happens to their neighbors.

They dont even care about kids. They care about votes. PERIOD.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
For me the shock doesn't come from what the government is doing or the lies surrounding it. Governments can get out of hand and become tyrannical and they often tend to.

My shock comes from the fact that so many forgot about our constitution, any Christian values they claim to hold and all that -- we're all created equal, inherent human rights and all that -- in order to make apologies for this horrific behavior.

If nothing else, the recent protesting and activism showed us that it is the only way to get things changed when we see injustice.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I can’t believe it...

We agree 🕯

ADD: Star & Flag
edit on 20-6-2018 by whyamIhere because: Return this computer at once...

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

MSM has been the greatest sheep herder to date.

Many folks across the world are disgusted with what the government is doing while completely ignoring what the parents of those children did to them to get them to the border.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

If nothing else, the recent protesting and activism showed us that it is the only way to get things changed when we see injustice.

This was a planned and telegraphed reaction. Not a protest.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Dont be surprised. Its fabricated outrage to distract the public from the FBI corruption exposure and to demonize Trump. Its been happening for decades and they dont 2 #s about these kids.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Because someone, or someones who have become really comfortable with the way things were running, "business as usual", are very uncomfortable with trump.

He needs to go, the corrupt cabal demands it.
And they will do anything to make it happen, and since they own the media bought and paid for it's easy peasey to control weak minds.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

MSM has been the greatest sheep herder to date.

Many folks across the world are disgusted with what the government is doing while completely ignoring what the parents of those children did to them to get them to the border.

This is textbook media gaslighting. Notice how people just go along with their narrative like the mindless drones they are. Its the dont look there , look here! Technique.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You want big government, you got it.

Might as well figure on the Military getting directly involved soon.

💥💥

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I am a dreamer as well.

I dreamed I live in a Nation that cares about me.

Not people showing up at our door.

I dream our elected officials would do their job.

We all have dreams...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I mostly agree, although I think a better solution can be found.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I mostly agree, although I think a better solution can be found.

The solution has always been there: They just have to go to the port of entry and not cross illegally.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Children of u.s citizens are not separated from their parents and placed in cages they are placed with family or foster care if a parent is guilty of a felony. Very rarely will a u.s citizen actually serve jail time for a misdemeanor which illegals are guilty of on their first offense. Big difference here guys but I respect your efforts to sugar coat the issue.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

And when that happens on a country wide scale and all sides speak out against it, regardless of political lean, and even staunch supporters and evangelists -- it's called majority.

Stop trying to make it seem like only some people were against this -- the whole country and the world saw the horror in it, or DJT wouldn't have made a change.

I hope we never see anything like this again in our lives, although our government's predilection for such behavior is concerning.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

People obviously aren't mad about the fact that families are being forcibly split up... Because as you point out, it happens all the time.

The real reason people are mad, is because its all over their tv, atm. Their being forced to face some brutal facts of reality... which interferes with their little blissfully ignorant existence.

Basically, people are protesting because they don't won't to be put in a position where they have to acknowledge it.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

And when that happens on a country wide scale and all sides speak out against it, regardless of political lean, and even staunch supporters and evangelists -- it's called majority.

Stop trying to make it seem like only some people were against this -- the whole country and the world saw the horror in it, or DJT wouldn't have made a change.

I hope we never see anything like this again in our lives, although our government's predilection for such behavior is concerning.

This has been happening prior to Trump and no one cared. It was worse under Obama than Trump. The cages you speak of were there under Obama, not Trump. Where was everyone that cared about the kids?

Now lets lopk at Trump. Everyone agrees this is a "problem" so he signs an executive order taking care of despite the fact he was wrongfully blamed and demonized. He made it so that alleged families are not separated. Why didnt congress fix? Why didnt obama do an executive order?

link   

My point is where was the outrage before the media made it into one?

I will not stop. It's ridiculous that people launch headlong into their outrage without once considering history, logistics or laws.

+1 more 
link   

They don't, and they don't care that immigrant families are separated. Nor do they care that 10,000 out of the 12,000 immigrant children who were without parents, but were alone or with traffickers, and that the administration is doing their best to care for them. Their outrage is disingenuous, fake, phoney, motivated by politics, without any care of those involved.
edit on 20-6-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

link   

And, here lays the proof that humanity suffers from an extreme lack of thankfulness.

A practiced lack of thankfulness snowballs into anger and bitterness, which can set the foundations to look at all others in life to be the problem... often ignoring reflection.

Often the result of such practices is cognitive dissonance, where assumptions beyond the scope of analysis are putting others to defend themselves on feelings/emotions that they may not have even thought of prior... causing a stir of emotions while ignoring that we may be practicing what we preach to have distaste for intially.

Take this rant as an example, where it assumes that everyone that is upset by separated families is disregarding the possibilities of their pasts and or intentions. Maybe some people are just pissed that the Red & Blue are using these media storms as political pawns, and it has nothing to relate to your assumptions about the emotions of others?

We can only control how we view and treat other humans as individuals ourselves... trying to be the best versions of ourselves as possible, and treat fellow humans as we would like our own children to be treated.

To be getting mad about others getting mad is as about as non credible as one can get if you ask me. Shall we keep reading to find out more about how little we may or may not know about our own feelings???

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join