It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man threatening to kill Trump on the loose. . . armed and dangerous

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — U.S. Marshals are searching for a Central Pennsylvania man accused of threatening President Trump and other officials.

WNEP reports that Marshals are looking for 26-year-old Shawn Christy of McAdoo, Pennsylvania.

Authorities say he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Christy reportedly posted a social media post threatening to “put a bullet in the head of President Trump.”

Police say if you see Christy to please call 911 or the U.S. Marshals at (484) 358-1974.

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

Nothing else needs to be said other than I hope they catch the guy and he gets some help.

Is this the first of many?

We've seen some extreme hatred of late, wonder how much longer this will continue.

edit on Wed Jun 20 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
he's a local where I live it's been all over the news all day, he won't last long in this part of the country there is massive Trump support here

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Happens to all presidents.

Obama was threatened more than any of them.

I think we know why

+38 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I think we know why

Horrible policies?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I think we know why

op was equally troubled, obviously.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Link for that little fact?

And I am assuming you think it was because he was black because you are racist?

Asking for a friend...

On topic, I am surprised that there isn't more of this from the loving tolerant left.

Hope they catch this liberal looney soon.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I guess love doesn't trump hate?
edit on 20-6-2018 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Gee, I wonder what convinced him to take that approach.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
First few posts are whataboutism BS.

It's amazing to me that people continue to think this way.

Assassination threats or attempts are not ok regardless of who is in office.

Peaceful transfer of power is an American hallmark and we should be proud of it.
edit on 20 6 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Whataboutism

S-s-s-s-shocking.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
First few posts are whataboutism BS.

It's amazing to me that people continue to think this way.

Assassination threats or attempts are not ok regardless of who is in office.

Peaceful transfer of power is an American hallmark and we should be proud of it.

That is true, though it has nothing to do with a peaceful transition of power.

If you look in this matter a bit more, you learn that this guy is seriously troubled, has made threats to several government officials and must be going through some serious issues.
edit on 20-6-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
link   

I think we know why

Because that's a lie, that's why.
www.usatoday.com...

WASHINGTON – Despite a spate of White House security breaches and other attention-grabbing stunts, there has been no change in the number of threats to directed at President Trump during his first five months in office as compared to his predecessor Barack Obama, according to the Secret Service.

On average, agents have been pursuing six to eight threat reports each day, the new Secret Service Director Randolph "Tex" Alles told reporters Thursday.

That number that has remained relatively consistent for the past decade, regardless of the officeholder, the retired Marine Corps major general said in his first briefing since his appointment by Trump in April.

www.politifact.com...

To recap, Bond said "the incidents of threats against (Obama) are greater than for any other president in modern times."

But a former Secret Service director has twice said there has not been an increase. The Secret Service is, well, secret, so they won’t discuss the number of specific threats against Obama.

There’s no concrete evidence that Bond and others have produced to back up their claim.

So no, Obama was not threatened more than any of them. Please stop spreading disinfo.

link   

pretty sure Lincon got more death threats what with it being the civil war and all or washington fighting several battles in a war where he lead from the front and the bulk of the british empire wanted his head on a pike . but you knew you were full of it already right?

www.politifact.com...

But that December, then-Secret Service Director Mark Sullivan told a congressional committee that the number of threats against Obama had not -- again, had not -- increased by 400 percent. "The threats right now ... is the same level as it has been for the previous two presidents at this point in their administrations," Sullivan said. He told the committee he’d discuss specifics in private. The Secret Service doesn’t like to discuss threats against a president because it doesn’t want copycats to get any ideas.

www.usatoday.com... it seems to stay pretty standard for most presidents least ones not engaged in battle

WASHINGTON – Despite a spate of White House security breaches and other attention-grabbing stunts, there has been no change in the number of threats to directed at President Trump during his first five months in office as compared to his predecessor Barack Obama, according to the Secret Service. On average, agents have been pursuing six to eight threat reports each day, the new Secret Service Director Randolph "Tex" Alles told reporters Thursday. That number that has remained relatively consistent for the past decade, regardless of the officeholder, the retired Marine Corps major general said in his first briefing since his appointment by Trump in April.

mashable.com... trump may take the title though with over 12k so far and this link is from 2017

dailycaller.com... daily caller says it was LBJ because of vietnam

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Whataboutism

S-s-s-s-shocking.

More like a "whattabullsh*tism."
I wish it was still shocking...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Hopefully they catch up with him and get him the help he needs.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: introvert

Hopefully they catch up with him and get him the help he needs.

It seems they may have a good idea where he is. He may be hiding in the woods around his home.

If they don't catch him there, they will when he comes out to eat/drink, etc.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I think we know why

enough with the racist card, guess no one believes you anymore

someone called you a name once get over it, we've all been called names

This marked the earliest time a candidate received such protection before being nominated. Security was increased early for Barack Obama due to fears of possible assassination attempts by white supremacist or other racist groups or individuals against the first African American major party presidential nominee.

en.wikipedia.org...

What were you saying?

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

"Fears" don't equal "threats." The SS was using an abundance of caution to stymie an attack that not only never happened, but which they had no direct threat to zero in on. It proves nothing.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: RowanBean

"Fears" don't equal "threats." The SS was using an abundance of caution to stymie an attack that not only never happened, but which they had no direct threat to zero in on. It proves nothing.

There's some examples and references in the wiki page.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join