It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to fix the border once and for all.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Yeah, it will. But better than giving Judge Dredd power to Border Patrol.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I agree so long as there is no punishment it will continue.
Closing the border would also shut down human and drug trafficking.
I guess we like having that here since we refuse to act on it.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Before they kill us maybe?

4300 or so citizens killed each year by illegal immigrants here in the USA.

But hey! Citizens don't matter, amIright?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
5. Land mines.

Kidding.

You had me up until lethal force. This isnt worth murding people over.
Quadcopters with tasers however.........

The specifics of that can be sorted out, but the idea is to make it as uncomfortable an idea as possible so they wont even bother trying.

And now that you mention it, give them these with rubber bullets:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Whats missing, is a human wall - a wall of armed patriots, maybe mixed with the cactus fence? That would be impressive!

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Hey you wanna go stand in the desert go for it.

My main point is Deterrence. Countless lives wont be lost int eh desert, and so on, if they dont try.

Tough love (+ cartel operations thwarted) and Latin America can start picking itself up, brushing itself off, and moving on to better days.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
As long as corporate America wants cheap labor, the wall won't do jacksh!t. They will just bring them over in trucks and vans run by the labor contractors that has govt. approval.... and the illegals will just stay.

The only way to stop illegal immigration is to stop giving them jobs. Or just ignore the elephant in the room, I don't care.

This isn't some sort of video game...it's economics. That's where the change will come from. It's capitalism....profit motivated by greed.

I like the cactus idea, but impracticable....a ford f150 junker can drive right thru it.

Anyone that really wants in can just get a tourist visa and fly into LAX like the Asians do. Or Atlanta like the Eastern Europeans and Arabs do.

Machinegun drones....lol
edit on 20-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
As long as corporate America wants cheap labor, the wall won't do jacksh!t. They will just bring them over in trucks and vans run by the labor contractors that have govt. approval.... and the illegals will just stay.

The only way to stop illegal immigration is to stop giving them jobs. Or just ignore the elephant in the room, I don't care.

This isn't some sort of video game...it's economics. That's where the change will come from. It's just capitalism....

That's pretty much true.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Sniper towers? With thermal night scopes? To assassinate people I'm guessing?

Thanks for showing us where the deep end is, so we don't wade over there. How long have you been sitting on these kinds of thoughts? Holy shnikes!

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

There's no such thing as a non-lethal bullet, even those designed to not kill, like bean bags or rubber bullets can kill.

Hell the whole reasoning behind NATO compliant rounds in use with most militaries is that they'll do less damage and force the enemy to rescue a downed soldier. They still bleed out, they still die. Intervention is needed. Plus we'd be talking about innocent foreign citizens until they actually break the law and trespass on US soil.

You know what duty a military has towards a downed enemy combatant? Life saving duties... Just saying, your idea might work out a bit expensive when I think of it.

Plus there's the other side of things. The political fallout.

Imagine the uproar if Turkey was shooting refugees across the Syrian border. Imagine if the Italian Navy began shelling migrant boats in the Mediterranean.

I don't think this is a good idea. Just my two pence.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

To be completely honest, I fully expected the thread to be about duct tape.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Ok well you gotta a better idea that is maximum level of DETERRENCE then lets hear it.

Currently they arent deterred, instead they're borderline invited.

originally posted by: Kharron
Sniper towers? With thermal night scopes? To assassinate people I'm guessing?

Thanks for showing us where the deep end is, so we don't wade over there. How long have you been sitting on these kinds of thoughts? Holy shnikes!

I knwo, lets just put unicorn "scare" crows out there with fresh watermelon and ice cream.

Currently they only fear the desert, and a potential hassle, for all intensive purposes.

edit on 20-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So you'd prefer a draconian googsestepping government to come in and snoop every business out there to figure out which ones are cheating?

I say just BLOCK them. DETER them. Problem solved. The trucks arent coming thru the big 'turnpikes', I doubt, its all those endless back routes where not much civilization is anywhere in sight. YOu're talking about trying to reason with the big wigs, I say go right over their heads. Some troops and their style mess way off to that edge where most people dont go VS. government up everyones butts. For it to work it'd have to zoom in on everyone with such detailed resolution even the little guys just getting going that pay a couple people under the table would have to get the jackboot. We already have millions of troops how about they do something actually useful for a change.

Ples mobilization across the entire length is the only feasible way to almost completely thwart the drug cartels.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

star, just for using the word shnikes

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: RAY1990
I knwo, lets just put unicorn "scare" crows out there with fresh watermelon and ice cream.

What, for target practice before we move on to real people?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
hell yeah ricky bobby
this is america bitches

snipers and #ing crocodiles and gila monsters just cruising the perimeter.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Hey you dont want to get rubber bullets shot at you from above then stay home, maybe clean up your neighborhood. Teach your kids something. Paint the fence. Wax on wax off.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Crocodiles are endangered, American Alligators on the other hand...

I'm all about the natural countermeasures. Ubiquitous. Self-Sustaining. Recycle bins for their water bottles. Etc.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hey you dont want to get rubber bullets shot at you from above then stay home, maybe clean up your neighborhood. Teach your kids something. Paint the fence. Wax on wax off.

Or we will kill you.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

yeah, we dont agree often, but thats the truth.
Then theres the poor kids who are actually slaves in East Ohio and other places, the actual reason for the law that was separating kids from adults...I believe Sherrod Brown had something to do with that law...

human trafficing is the biggest crime in many parts of Ohio
its a tragedy no matter how you look at it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join