It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahead of Negotiations, Dear Leader Releases Hostages, Gets a 'Thanks Daddy!'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Totally, peace.
To you, and to everyone... Genuinely.

Help me learn from this, but I need a bit more information... Sub, help me out, too, if you want... I thought my response, while maybe miscalculated, was in earnest and tactful enough, mostly... am I wrong?
What is my hypocrisy. (Sincere question, cause I’m not seeing it, yet). The question, You think they’re better than us?... I was trying to lightheartedly probe the message of the post, which I obviously misinterpreted... What was the message that I missed?

Im asking you, GUT and Sub.. (eta: I don’t see where we’re really disagreeing, but where did I go wrong?)
edit on 6/20/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Sadly, there's probably more than one jackass who would embrace Khamenei to own Trump. There's more idiot tankies in the US today than there has been since the 60's.

It doesn't say it there but I think it was 9% of self-described Democrats also had a favorable view of Kim Jong Un. How is that a thing? I could understand that 4-5% of utter idiots who probably have no idea who Kim Jong Un is but wtf.

I've been meaning to do a thread on this concept I'm about to float for awhile about all of us coming together on just ONE issue that most can agree on and would truly make the world a better place. I've floated the idea here and there and folk weren't ready yet. Maybe we are now? You and I could probably be a pretty good example of the concept if we teamed up.

The premise being that no matter what we think of Trump, most of us agree that he has a desire to be loved and seen as the greatest. IF we were to put aside our differences and give Trump a sincere opportunity to achieve the following objective--be supportive yet demanding--I believe we have a chance.

That objective would be start pulling out of the places we've been mucking things up with our mix of empire building and world policing. For whatever reasons he tries to keep his promises and does put some effort into it. This would be his hardest promise to achieve, however, because the alphabets and warmongering M.I.C. aren't likely to let go of the practices that easily at ALL.

To have a chance it would take a majority of us and he'd have to feel like we had his back. I think he would die trying if he thought he could garner that much "love" and be seen as the greatest of all time. Like I said, it doesn't really matter HIS motivation, only that we exploit it for the good of humankind.

I believe it only takes a spark to get a fire going, but it has to be flamed into life with care, concentration, and intent as every caveman can vouch.

It would mean putting aside some differences, but for a noble reason. I believe you can see how it's psychologically feasible considering what we can observe about Trump's psyche. We could start a movement, Ante. I'm willing even if it's a long shot. Bombed babies the world over would thank us and we just might heal the divide to some degree. Whattya say?

edit on 20-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Hahaha. Got a laugh outta me.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

I think the point is that we're focusing on what are often good things but we're swatting at flies the co-opted MSM are telling us are our most pressing social issues when we have MUCH bigger issues and that WE, Americans, are hypocritical to varying degrees both institutionally and personally.

Read my post above and tell me what you think, Japh!!

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Sure you'd love that. He'd be the diamond in the crown.
I don't see that happening without surgical intervention.

edit on 6202018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

You mean let him be the show off he wants to be?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yeah. I bet that's not the main theme in the history books.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Agolf Twitler

Clever word play!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

The emperor doesn't have any clotbes.
And he has a hanging over gut.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You'd be what I call

Wrong

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Or as I like to call this...
What aboutism.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Hahaha. Got a laugh outta me.

Mixing ambien and gin will do that.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

First century technology for a twenty first century problem.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That's because you're not thinking deep enough imo. We can't get anywhere if we're not able to spot hypocrisy in ourselves--and the system--and try to do better. And yes that includes me. I floated an idea above. Care to give it a try? It's going to be a movement if we give it a chance and would make all of us less the hypocrite and actual doers. Peace.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Yes, we need to use Trump for Good. Yes, I think (and hope) that his ego (at the least) compels him to do his best to succeed at being POTUS.

I can’t believe what the media has become, and what they’re doing, to the extent that it’s being done, except that their business model is like the government, in that it’s top priority is self-preservation.
edit on 6/20/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Nice catch

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Mixing ambien and gin will do that.

I heard Ambien makes you say racist things. Mixing that with gin could only be a recipe for making an angry drunk racist.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Why? We have plenty of scrubs already.

Fact.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

He manufactured this crisis? I would suggest your daily reading material did the manufacturing.

I missed this gem the first time around. How wasn't it manufactured by the admin? It was literally plotted.

There was a working group of aides under Kelly that was tasked with dreaming up ways in which to transform policy to embody Trump's agenda. The zero tolerance policy is detaining as many people as possible by charging them with illegal entry and they knew from the outset that detaining all these additional people would entail separating far more children from their parents.

They started kicking this around not too long after the inauguration. It was initially put on the backburner because of the backlash they'd anticipated from separating families. When the policy was enacted this year, it was with eyes wide open. They knew there would be a drastic uptick in separations. They knew that doing so would require more youth detention, skewed to what I would imagine is a significantly lower average age than the unaccompanied minors that were already in existing youth detention facilities.

Did they prepare for that? Doesn't look like they took steps beforehand to build out capacity or make other reasonable preparation such as creating processes for basic things like reunification.

You don't seem to deny the crisis. The administration knew the crisis would occur and it doesn't look like they took any steps to stop from causing it. It seems readily apparent to me, no less so because of Trump's own words, that it was enacted as a stunt to coerce Congress to accede to Trump's list of demands.

That is why I believe that it was a manufactured crisis. If you want to argue that I'm wrong, then tell me why I'm wrong. Don't resort to drive-by Bulverism.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I'm still on the fence.

Can you offer proof or link to a thread that has proof that it was trump policies that caused this.

I got one side telling me it was, while the other says it's old laws that have been on the books for years.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join