It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahead of Negotiations, Dear Leader Releases Hostages, Gets a 'Thanks Daddy!'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

How much do they truly care when Trump gave a very generous offer on DACA--even though it offended much of his base--but hell no not if we have to have a wall that will help fix problems. Same with this instance. It does reveal a massive amount of virtue signaling.

These problems lay directly at the feet of a mostly corrupt Congress who hide behind the colors red & blue.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat
a reply to: The GUT

Of course not. I agree that there is a need for border control obviously.
What gets me though is how Sessions/ Trump changed the goal posts ( criminalizing asylum seekers by closing certain points of entry ) ...that set this whole thing in motion.

You are being led by both your heart and by the nose by folk that don't truly care. Nobody criminalized asylum seekers---it's not seeking asylum if you illegally cross the border. Are you not aware of that? If you don't have your facts straight your arguments aren't valid.

I have heard reports that asylum seekers following procedure were turned away but that's a different story and unclear as of yet.

edit on 20-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

How much do they truly care when Trump gave a very generous offer on DACA--even though it offended much of his base--but hell no not if we have to have a wall that will help fix problems. Same with this instance. It does reveal a massive amount of virtue signaling.

These problems lay directly at the feet of a mostly corrupt Congress who hide behind the colors red & blue.

Absolutely right.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Hiding behind red and blue leaves a person looking all purple and confused.

Virtue signaling has become a scummy behavior of escapism for the masses. It's easy for many people to talk about an issue while partaking in the same action they speak out against. Like an organizer of an AA meeting asking another attendee if they want to get a drink afterwards. They feel that what they do is ok as long as they speak out about the behavior publicly.

It's wrong, it's misguided, and worst of all it leads to an erosion of society. People speaking in lies creates a world of mistrust. People acting as a virtue signaler are nothing more than enablers of this erosion.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Hiding behind red and blue leaves a person looking all purple and confused.

And reveals their true color: Yellow with an affinity for the green---swamp colors!!

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Who knew all those shovel ready jobs were building child detention centers?

Another Obama legacy destroyed.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I have been following those reports too.
Asylum

But in the case of a family who cannot make entry at a border point and take an illegal route into the US they still have 1 year to make a " defensive " claim for asylum. They can still claim asylum though they are in the country undocumented. The problem is though that having broken immigration law by making an illegal entry....because their claim was not heard / accepted at a border point ( Sessions new policy ) .....they have criminalized themselves..and while detained were having their kids taken away.
Lose / Lose

Isn't that the whole $hit$how right there ?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

America just got the biggest pwning of the 21st century by arguably the worlds best troll.....

I've tweeted to @BarackObama and @realDonaldTrump for their comments and again, I'm expecting their responses any minute now......

Let the mental gymnastics commence...........

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat
In reference to YouTube link:
I watched... I didn’t see anything but b-roll footage, a couple interviews, and guards letting individuals pass...

They even said that they let them in the next day...
Did I miss something?
Honest question: What was the basis for asylum?

edit on 6/20/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

No, it's not the "whole" ship-show right there. This is a Congress problem more than anyone else. Some blame also is placed on folk lying about their asylum case and the folk that travel and teach them to claim asylum where no legitimate claim often exists. The increased numbers are mind boggling and require ever-increasing amounts of resources.

Do I think we have a responsibility for many of the refugees (MUCH moreso than "migrants.") of the world? Yes, but I'm not a virtue signaler and I care for the very worst of the baby victims (those bombed) just about every single day because I have educated myself.

How? By understanding we have a corrupt system and corrupt foreign policy that pursues regime change around the world. If we care as much as we claim too when a corrupt media with ulterior motives says jump but don't band together and scream even louder for bombed babies and families then it's hard for me to take you very seriously.

We would have much more resources to help--and help a lot more children who need us even more--if we demand campaign reform and scream loud enough to change foreign policy.

What about the bombed babies, Kat? Are you not aware of them? If CNN grows a real heart and balls and starts making a deal of them will you care then? How loud will you get for them? Do they count? They don't have a clean facility, medical care, and big screen tvs and for oh-so-many of them their parents are NEVER coming back.

Yeah, our corrupt system and mostly worthless Congress...therein lay the most pressing and evil problem I can think of. Think of the babies, Kat!!!

ETA: Sublimecraft we are wavelengthing!

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You think they’re better than us?

Because of a trolling tweet?

And you think it’ll take mental gymnastics to disagree?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu

No, they are not, but they do prove your hypocrisy.

see above

Standby, others even more triggered than you will be along to show how well they can contort information to stroke their bias.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

To back up that statement. There are at least 100 child detention centers in 17 states. The zero tolerance policy was officially announced by Sessions on May 9. We know of one in Chicago, IL from the Ms. L vs ICE suit handled by the ACLU, which separation occurred in November 2017.

Anyone still following that two month old narrative promoted?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I point out our hypocrisies all the time... It’s easy...

Seems like meddling in our politics... It’s probably collision.

Your use of “triggered” is cute... “Oh, you responded to me! Gotcha! You got triggered” Lol

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu

That the point went over your head just highlights why we can't take virtue signalers seriously. Think about the babies, jap!! And I mean that from the very bottom of my heart.

Until we all start screaming for true justice we're just...do I even need to say the two words again?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

You either don't understand the policy, you're just regurgitating the media's misleading claims, or you're misleading people on purpose.

I'm not misleading anyone. Clearly you didn't read my last post. What you don't seem to grasp is that there are a lot of people who are fully aware of what's happening and are opposed to it and assume that they're opposition is based on a lack of understanding or having been misled.

So when you say this is Trump's policy, you're being disingenuous and misleading people. Trump's policy is prosecuting people illegally entering the country. Kids being separated is the policy of the most liberal court in the country.

Trump, Kelly, Kelly's aides, Miller, I assume Nielsen and of Sessions, etc all knew what the implications of implementing a zero tolerance policy were from the jump. With full forethought and deliberation, they changed their charging policy away from the previous administrations' policies of focusing prosecution on violent criminals and not charging every person possible with illegal entry IN ORDER to detain the most people possible as opposed to releasing them while their cases went to immigration court (aka "catch and release").

As evidenced by statements made by more than one of the aforementioned, Trump and his admin were well aware that detaining all these additional people would necessitate additional separations of children from the parents and not only was it not a problem for them, it was clearly viewed as additional deterrent.

This is not something that had to be done. As I told the other poster, don't fool yourself into believing that the Trump admin doesn't use prosecutorial discretion to not prosecute every potentially prosecutable crime when it suits them (the example I gave was legalized pot).

This was in fact a manufactured crisis and one that became little more than hostage keeping to force Congress to bend to Trump's will. That's abundantly clear from Trump's own words and actions. How can you in good conscious act as though that's not the case?

Nobody has been more misleading than Trump and other admin officials pretending that they had no choice. They always had a choice. On top of THAT, they also have the option of exercising humanitarian parole authority to release parents w/young children at their discretion.

So not only do they not have to charge everyone with illegal entry (that's what they want to do though because they want to detain all these people), they could also make exceptions for humanitarian reasons in the case of mothers and their babies ffs. (even if they were compelled to charge everyone with illegal entry, which they're not).

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Are you talking to me?! Are YOU talking to me?!

I can’t tell because I’m triggered!!!!!
lol

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

Yes & no. Literally. Peace, brudda, japh.

I do hope we've learned some about hypocrisy and virtue signaling today, however, and don't get me wrong: I'm a firm believer that until we've identified our own tendencies towards such--and we all have them--we never grow any or truly understand the concepts.

Once we identify them in ourselves and see how they spiritually harm us and others then hopefully we are better folk going forward and our actions are more prioritized and have a little more meaning.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Are you implying that I don't care.
I have not just tumbled out of a wretched media grief fest encompassing US immigration policy and caged children. Wringing my hands and clutching my pearls at the injustice.

You can trip over your buzz words with the amount of use that you give them. It doesn't make you more authentic than me just because you have a collection of trumpinesque phrases in your ATS repetoire.

Think of the babies ?
How can anyone with a heart not ?

So here we all are. Waiting for the next election...so we can get the right candidates elected. To make a difference in the world. To make peace. For the children.

While we wait we make some charitable donations.....send out some aid for refugees. Refugees that have been created by our own politician's involvement in wars where we should never even be.

All of us caring.
Making virtous signals to each other....pretending to care about the babies are we ? For the most part those babies are better not seen some might say eh ? Switch off the ' real news ' that kinda stuff hurts too much to look at ...Looks sooo bad. So much death and destruction. Too much to bear.
Better to stick to your ' fake news ' It has all the buzz words..all the favourable optics. People just eat that $hit up ! We can go online then and argue about who should be sacked next for whatever racist comment.
About which potus was the worst ever and the biggest liar.

Etc etc ad nauseum.

You see...I cannot take you that seriously either. You bash stuff too much. Your agendas and assumptions show just a wee bit too much.
But then on an anonymous internet forum it is pretty impossible to know who you are engaging with....and there in lies the rub.
All of us making signals.....some not even virtuous at all. Some just sanctimonious.

Think of the babies ....indeed.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Sadly, there's probably more than one jackass who would embrace Khamenei to own Trump. There's more idiot tankies in the US today than there has been since the 60's.

Republicans Have Higher Opinion of Kim Jong-Un Than Nancy Pelosi, Poll Says

The poll of roughly 1,000 adults aged 18 and over was conducted June 14-15, shortly after President Trump’s historic summit with the North Korea dictator. According to the results, 19 percent of Republicans indicated they had a favorable view of Kim with 68 percent saying they had an unfavorable view (12 percent of voters overall had a favorable view of Kim, compared to 75 percent who viewed him unfavorably). That compared slightly better than the perception of Pelosi, who had a 17 percent favorable, 72 percent unfavorable rating among self-identified Republicans.

It doesn't say it there but I think it was 9% of self-described Democrats also had a favorable view of Kim Jong Un. How is that a thing? I could understand that 4-5% of utter idiots who probably have no idea who Kim Jong Un is but wtf.

Screw it, I added my response:

"Unless of course they're gay, apostates, blasphemers, adulterers, non-violent drug offenders, people who insult you or kiss in public. Then it's public flogging, imprisonment and execution."

Good thing I don't live in Iran, I'd probably be drug out of my house in the middle of the night and tortured to death for tweeting that.
edit on 2018-6-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join