It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahead of Negotiations, Dear Leader Releases Hostages, Gets a 'Thanks Daddy!'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Agolf Twitler could have taken the easy route, called up his AG and said, "Jeff, let's uh roll that zero-tolerance policy back." Instead, to the amazement of absolutely nobody, he found a more showy way of doing exactly what he and Kirstjen Nielsen repeatedly said that he couldn't do.

Trump reverses course, signs order to keep families together

"We're signing an executive order. I consider it to be a very important executive order. It's about keeping families together, while at the same time being sure we have a very powerful, very strong border," Trump said.

Ah yes, a very important EO to defuse the crisis he'd manufactured. It takes a real savior to save the world from himself! The expectation now seems to be that with the hostages slated for release, Congress will come up with legislation that will prevent Trump from pulling another stunt like this. And to be fair, they REALLY should. It's waaaaaay past time that the immigration system is reformed.

I would suggest expanding green cards to meet the actual market, a win-win which would bring many people out of the shadows and keep them from being (as badly) exploited, and maybe give them more of a path to citizenship. Speaking of which, it would be super if they could also resolve the DACA issue before a whole lot of non-criminal kids, many of whom we've invested in and who know no other home, are once more front of the line of vulnerable people to be used as leverage.

It's unclear what Trump followers (he even calls them his "followers" which is very sweet) are supposed to do now:

1. Be upset that Coulter's "crisis actors" are being ripped out of Laura Ingraham's "summer camps" ?

2. Be afraid that the Steve Cortes's "invaders," who Trump said were "infesting" the country, will spontaneously "turn into MS-13" as Brian Kilmeade suggested that they often do in his neighborhood?

3. Take the lead in getting involved with the welfare of children in Appalachia which they've accused the rest of the world of not caring about? (it's a well-known fact that people cannot have multiple concerns simultaneously)

4. Make light of the treatment of children with Down's Syndrome? Womp. Womp.

Or maybe, like this Trump follower, just thank Daddy for his boundless benevolence.

edit on 2018-6-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Anti...

If you ever decide to come over from the dark side.

We would be proud to have you. 😜

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Trump is the type of guy that issues an EO to alter his own policy.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Had to use an EO that's already to get challenged because it was the law not Trumps off the cuff idea.

Libs need to admit they are wrong every now and then.

Now lets lock up Hillary

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Thank God he continues to clean up Obama's and Bush's messes. So he throws in a little flair to offset the deep state puppet media anti-American and "resistance" hit job. Who can blame him? I mean other than the hypocritical virtue-signaling "resistance" that is.

edit on 20-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

dude he is brainwashing people.

starts some #. his people love it cause gettum outta hea
moves to fix the problem and his people love him cause see. see he loves people. maga

its the craziest time ever

how many do you think would drink the kool aide if he "asked"

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Had to use an EO that's already to get challenged because it was the law not Trumps off the cuff idea.

Now lets lock up Hillary

why do that, when you can put on the pretty dress and be the head DRAMA QUEEN?

Trump does what the left wants, gets shIt for it. Who didn't see that coming.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Thank God he continues to clean up Obama's and Bush's messes. So he throws in a little flair to offset the deep state puppet media anti-American and "resistance" hit job. Who can blame him? I mean other than the hypocritical virtue-signaling "resistance" that is.

so gut beat my post by a minute. i types out they are gonna love him cause but obama but changed it.
and look.

obama

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

Now lets lock up Hillary

Because Trump SAID it was 'the law'? And where everyone else in a position to know says 'my ass it's the law'?? And of course we know what a stickler Donald is for following the law.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Says the guy who never had a problem with this issue until CNN gave him a cuppa Kool-Aid. The hypocritical "wahs" are deafening. Maybe NK will bomb Hawaii and make your day.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

The emperor has no clothes, no one seems to care...

edit

Well, some people do.

thank you theantediluvian.
edit on 20-6-2018 by wheresthebody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
1) Have Attorney General change policy on 5 May 2018 creating crisis

2) Kidnap and cage children

3) Scare base with lies that his predecessor started this policy

4) Say Congress is the only way to fix it

5) When Congress doesn’t fix it, sign Executive Order

6) Take credit for fixing atrocious situation you created.

This whole $hit$how split people into two groups....those who were completely horrified to see children ripped away from their parents because of a change in immigration policy.....
and those who basically didn't give AF because uh the law !

As history has shown sometimes the law is wrong...and sometimes laws need to be challenged and even broken, until the lawmakers change them.

This backfired big time on trump. But no doubt they will spin it around until he looks like the big hero.
Still...the world is watching.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

He manufactured this crisis? I would suggest your daily reading material did the manufacturing.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

Obama administration apparently let horrific things happen to immigrant kids.

www.aclu.org...

WASHINGTON — Documents obtained by the American Civil Liberties Union featured in a new report released today show the pervasive abuse and neglect of unaccompanied immigrant children detained by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. The report was produced in conjunction with the International Human Rights Clinic at the University of Chicago Law School. “These documents provide a glimpse into a federal immigration enforcement system marked by brutality and lawlessness,” said Mitra Ebadolahi, ACLU Border Litigation Project staff attorney. “All human beings deserve to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their immigration status — and children, in particular, deserve special protection. The misconduct demonstrated in these records is breathtaking, as is the government’s complete failure to hold officials who abuse their power accountable. The abuse that takes place by government officials is reprehensible and un-American.” The report is based on over 30,000 pages of documents dated between 2009 and 2014.

The system is broken. It definitely needs fixing. The hypocrisy is unbecoming and transparent. Virtue-signaling is very shallow and makes you better than...nobody.

edit on 20-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat

oh man that is the best one yet
thanks

but the brainwashing is happening

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well, I'm kind of disappointed. This seemed like the perfect opportunity for Trump to push for the wall harder.
If they can't get in, we don't have to seperate them! Genius

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I dont know about President Trump now. I remember during the campaign he siad he was "flexible"(whatever that means) He is like an internet president or some thing that will just go along with the popular opinion. I know the jokesters on here will be like "oh you mean listening to the majority of the people." That is actually what congress is supposed to do to reflect the will of the people. The President is supposed to make the tough decisions. I dont know......

This is not the first time you reversed yourself dude and contradicted yourself. YOU GOTTA STAND FOR SOMETHING OR STAND FOR NOTHING! Put that on a green hat.
edit on 20-6-2018 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Define " virtue signalling "
I mean it's a cute term..often thrown around here.
What does it actually mean to you ?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Just Stop. I expected something rational from you. But apparently all rational arguments have been used up so now you need to lie.

The president instructed his people to follow the laws as set forth by Congress, the Supreme Court and lower courts. Last time I checked presidents take an oath to uphold the law. The president takes a zero tolerance oath and is expected to uphold zero tolerance.

I want a president that takes a zero tolerance approach to law breakers. I don't want our laws ignored. Trump did not create this problem.

Deny Ignorance.
www.dhs.gov...

edit on 20-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

Define " virtue signalling " I mean it's a cute term..often thrown around here. What does it actually mean to you ?

It means simply that you are pretending to be virtuous for personal gain and favour, without actually being virtuous.

A good example is Harvey Weinstein, who marched in the Woman's March, and started a foundation to support woman directors and actors. Meanwhile, he was raping them.
edit on 20-6-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join